Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Re: Great News!!!

I guess there weren''t a long list of clubs prepared to offer him a better deal.  Roeder seems to like him and he is after all the manager. Now all we need is a good central defender to partner Shackell.

[quote user="silver fox"]I guess there weren''t a long list of clubs prepared to offer him a better deal.  Roeder seems to like him and he is after all the manager. Now all we need is a good central defender to partner Shackell.[/quote]

dont you mean to REPLACE Shackell?

jas :)

Wont be doing any sommersaults with that news,lets just hope we create enough competition at the back so him and Shacks have to raise their game. [:(]

[quote user="silver fox"]I guess there weren''t a long list of clubs prepared to offer him a better deal.  Roeder seems to like him and he is after all the manager. Now all we need is a good central defender to partner Shackell.[/quote]

Where, in the reserves? Shackell will need to improve dramatically if we''re to challenge up top - as will Doc...

I dont particularly rate the Doc or Shackell, but Doc is much better than Shackell. What I would say though is that since the Plymouth away game Doc and Shacks partnership has conceded an average of just over one goal per game (33 in 30).

I hope it was a case of Doc being offered a contract on vastly reduced terms (I assume he was, hence his delay in signing). He''s worth having around the place as a squad player but I would NOT be happy starting the season with him and Shackell as our first choice CB''s.

I don''t think there''s a lot to choose between them really, both are mediocre defenders, no pace, clumsy at times, and both have the same ideas with ball distribution... up to you Jamie lad - HOOOOF!

good god, not exactly the transfer signings many were hoping for, but at the end of the day he''s not that bad a player, certainly can play an important squad role, but please say we have 2 more centre defenders coming in the starting roles

[quote user="Vern"]On official site[/quote]

ohhhh yes get in.... the best signing of the summer!!! see i told u, were going places!!! get in!!!

Have to agree with the lord, whilst hes not a star central defender, hes a decent squad player with a lot of experience.  Gets far too much of a hard time.  Wait and see guys, i think there will be a few more faces coming in before the season kicks off and i would be surprised if Doc and Shack both start at Coventry. 

Dont forget, he was player of the year season before last and i would bet a few off this message board voted for him...

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Apparently he is happy with the deal!

[/quote]

no thats cant be him..... that particular donkey aint trying to ride anyones back!!!???

Actually quite glad he signed a new deal to be honest, get rid of Shackell thats who we need to plead a club to buy!!!!

One of the best players last season, give him another chance

Well, he''s better than Shackell, IMO. Next season I hope will see the Doc partnered with someone solid who can organise the Doc a bit to better use his abilities.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

good.. like it or not he was one of best players last season...

jas :)

[/quote]

And that''s the grim truth.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Actually quite glad he signed a new deal to be honest, get rid of Shackell thats who we need to plead a club to buy!!!! One of the best players last season, give him another chance[/quote]

That would clearly not be a good move. We only have 2 experienced central defenders; Shackell is not exceptional in this division but is certainly not as bad as you''re making him out to be.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Apparently he is happy with the deal!

[/quote]

Thanks for that ! Made me laugh, I can tell you !

.......... and no wonder he is grinning from ear to ear. Can''t believe his luck, specially as no one else wanted him !

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Well, he''s better than Shackell, IMO. Next season I hope will see the Doc partnered with someone solid who can organise the Doc a bit to better use his abilities.

[/quote]

Myself I hope to see two new centre backs with doc and shackell in reserves!

[quote user="tHeReALSeaT"]Third new signing [:D][/quote]4th, dont forget Fotheringham [:D]

Roeder certainluy seems to like him :-

Roeder said at his last press conference a “good offer” had been put on the table for the 28-year-old Irishman and he also spoke highly of his efforts during the last Coca-Cola Championship campaign.

“At times last season he was our most consistent player and a very safe defender,” said Roeder.

I agree with that assessment although many don''t. So I ask the many "would you trust Roeder with your 20m?"