Sign in to follow this  
King Beef

Do you trust Roeder with our football club?

The reason I ask is because this message board is pretty much evenly divided, there seems to be three ways us supporters are veering towards. Glenn provided us safety last term, beyond most of our expectations, he hardly broke the bank to do it, and he seems to have a good long term vision for our Club starting from this pre-season. Yes, the Huckerby saga was a mistake in a lot of people''s minds, mine included, but I also believe that he wouldn''t have taken such a risk had he not something up his sleeve to replace or dare I say it better Hucks. We''re being linked with various players, some good, some that will cause opinions to clash, but I can put my hand on my heart and say I trust Glenn a hell of a lot more than I did with Peter Grant and signings, and a few before him, I think he knows what he''s doing. So what corner are you in?

1) Backing Roeder to make the right moves and a firm believer that he will benefit NCFC;

2) A believer that what Glenn is and has been doing is wrong and cannot be good for the club or;

3) Completely undecided at this stage.

As you might have guessed, I''m a number one, no I haven''t got my head up my arse, I think he''s going to be able to pull this off, he seems to be confident in what he does and 20,000 supporters wouldnt have renewed their season tickets if they didn''t think similarly.

But trust he will do the right thing. 

Sticking point is how much pocket money has he got? Will he be undone by finances?

I have and will continue to back GR until he gives me something serious which makes me doubt him, it''s important to me at least, that fans are seen to give the guy a chance, and put any negative personal feelings to one side.

I''m undecided, but it''s fairly clear to me that he is having huge difficulty in finding new recruits for his squad. All this stuff about "don''t panic yet" is spin and flannel. He''s putting on a brave face - believe me. Six weeks to go until the big kick off and one new face. Brilliant!

I have always backed the clubs managers, it took a good few months to realise granty had gone all bryan hamilton on us I admit, but I believe with Glenn, we have a manager who can attract a fine calibre of player, as was the case with clingan, and he is a manager that has a great deal of respect in the football world. cue the "roeder will fail" club

[quote user="Wizened Wizard"]I''m undecided, but it''s fairly clear to me that he is having huge difficulty in finding new recruits for his squad. All this stuff about "don''t panic yet" is spin and flannel. He''s putting on a brave face - believe me. Six weeks to go until the big kick off and one new face. Brilliant![/quote]

Oh right and we are at Friday again are we?  Blimey this week flew past, there I was sitting looking at your post on Monday, and by the end of it, it was suddenly Friday, the end of another week and no more transfers.........................oh wait lol nope It is Monday, the week has only just started.  And the biggest non-shocker of them all, another poster predicting that we wont have anyone signed by the start of the season.

LMAO I''m sorry, but you can''t predict what''s going to happen anymore than I can.  [:)]

I admit that in past seasons that some of the fans have felt pretty let down by the Board and Managers, however we now have a new manager with a new approach who can attract good players to our club, so give the guy a chance.

I am sure in a few weeks you will be more than eating your downhearted words.  Or I will be eating mine, either way in the grand scheme of things it''s not going to alter the fact that we are NCFC supporters through good and bad.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I am sure in a few weeks you will be more than eating your downhearted words.  Or I will be eating mine, either way in the grand scheme of things it''s not going to alter the fact that we are NCFC supporters through good and bad.

[/quote]well said that man. on the ball city

100% he aint let us down yet, but he WILL need backing from the board!!!

[quote user="King Beef"]

The reason I ask is because this message board is pretty much evenly divided, there seems to be three ways us supporters are veering towards. Glenn provided us safety last term, beyond most of our expectations, he hardly broke the bank to do it, and he seems to have a good long term vision for our Club starting from this pre-season. Yes, the Huckerby saga was a mistake in a lot of people''s minds, mine included, but I also believe that he wouldn''t have taken such a risk had he not something up his sleeve to replace or dare I say it better Hucks. We''re being linked with various players, some good, some that will cause opinions to clash, but I can put my hand on my heart and say I trust Glenn a hell of a lot more than I did with Peter Grant and signings, and a few before him, I think he knows what he''s doing. So what corner are you in?

1) Backing Roeder to make the right moves and a firm believer that he will benefit NCFC;

2) A believer that what Glenn is and has been doing is wrong and cannot be good for the club or;

As you might have guessed, I''m a number one, no I haven''t got my head up my arse, I think he''s going to be able to pull this off, he seems to be confident in what he does and 20,000 supporters wouldnt have renewed their season tickets if they didn''t think similarly.

[/quote]

My confidence in Roeder was low when he came in and will remain that way until i see how his team rebuilding goes and also the teams performance and results.

It really is to early to tell,but going on last season.................dont hold your breath!

Back him 100% but i wait with baited breath for the first person to call him Rodent and claim he is a one season manager....

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Wizened Wizard"]I''m undecided, but it''s fairly clear to me that he is having huge difficulty in finding new recruits for his squad. All this stuff about "don''t panic yet" is spin and flannel. He''s putting on a brave face - believe me. Six weeks to go until the big kick off and one new face. Brilliant![/quote]

Oh right and we are at Friday again are we?  Blimey this week flew past, there I was sitting looking at your post on Monday, and by the end of it, it was suddenly Friday, the end of another week and no more transfers.........................oh wait lol nope It is Monday, the week has only just started.  And the biggest non-shocker of them all, another poster predicting that we wont have anyone signed by the start of the season.

LMAO I''m sorry, but you can''t predict what''s going to happen anymore than I can.  [:)]

I admit that in past seasons that some of the fans have felt pretty let down by the Board and Managers, however we now have a new manager with a new approach who can attract good players to our club, so give the guy a chance.

[/quote]

What words do I have to eat mate? All I''ve said is there are six weeks to go and there has not been much action so far - a fact which is undeniable. I shall be delighted (what true fan wouldn''t be) if he manages to nail down all his transfer targets, but it looks to me as though he''s struggling a bit at the moment, that''s all.

[quote user="king canary"]Back him 100% but i wait with baited breath for the first person to call him Rodent and claim he is a one season manager....[/quote]

I think may people on this board have called him a 13 games manager...

I''m backing Roeder 100% give the bloke a chance after he saved us last season [Y]

[quote user="tHeReALSeaT"]

[quote user="king canary"]Back him 100% but i wait with baited breath for the first person to call him Rodent and claim he is a one season manager....[/quote]

I think may people on this board have called him a 13 games manager...

I''m backing Roeder 100% give the bloke a chance after he saved us last season [Y]

[/quote]

I just sometimes wonder if people realise how stupid the argument that Roeder only has success in his first season, so now he has had success (which keeping us up was) we should sack him, sounds.

Totally agree with tHeReALSeaT - He did exceptionally well last season, look at how much we moaned and slagged Peter Grant''s signings off, then look at how quickly Roeder brought in faces.

My point is that last season in such a short space of time he brought in so many new faces via loans etc that as a result, kept us in the league. Stop saying he is struggling to get players in pre-season, a lot of them are on holiday and he has PROVEN he is excellent at transfers and getting a lot of them in during a short space of time.

Im backing him 100%

Ok, lets sort out a few things here.  Firstly I am firmly in Roeders camp and I am sure when the players arrive we will be impressed. 

Now as for the old there is only six weeks to go to the new season and we have only signed one player.  It may be a cliche, but very little business gets done in June.  Yes, people will say but Derby have signed players and QPR have signed players, but that will just make the stats misleading.  The reality is that across the country very little activity has happened and the clubs who have signed had to or were always going to.  Yes, we are in that group to, but on the tighter budget than the likes of QPR and Derby.  Even in the Premier League there has been very little movement.  A lot of managers, players and agents are away on holiday, busy scouting players or watching Euro 2008.  And tell me something else what is the point on paying wages for a few extra weeks we don''t need to.  The time to be concerned is well into the pre season if we have only one player by the Spurs match then I will be concerned.

Finally its vital we get the right players not just a load of average players.

I agree Jim. Look at Shef Weds finished lower than us last season and yet havce not signed a single player yet.

Where''s the sack him now option KB?....................He''s a tinkerman and quite frankly all wrong for this club...........in my opinion of course!!

After what he did for the club last season I can see no way that Glenn doesnt deserve our support for next season. Having said that the omens as far as I am concerned are not good. I really think the decision not to give Hucks another season was absolutely stupid and could not be justified, as he was doing the business in the last part of the season and seemed to get fitter with each match.

The other mistake was with Martin Taylor who we should have snapped up when we could. I doubt anybody of that quality will be easily available and we all know that the combination of Shacks and Doc really doesnt work anymore.

That combined with the fact that it is highly unlikely we will see Evans back again leaves me looking at a squad which is very unlikely to make an impact in the Champs. Clearly we do not hve much cash otherwise Taylor would be here now and Patterson etc. Looks like another tough season relying on loanees to dig us out of the pit again.

My prediction is still Roeder will struggle mainly because limited funds.

I am another that is undecided I think the way Huckerby was treated was a sham - but I equally think the Chief Exec must be held to account for that. I cannot understand his stand with Lappin and Eagle Roeder says of Eagle that he has a cultured left foot and there is not many of them about (or words to that effect) and is worth a years contract with little first team experience yet Lappin also has a cultured left foot but his career lies away from Carrow Road. Lappin has far more experience than Eagle and probably a better left foot I cannot help thinking this is a personality clash and that leaves me uneasy with his man management skills.

i am totally torn...but..i refuse to write him off until all the signings are in, and weve had a good few weeks to se the state of the team, and to see where are in the league table come xmas.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Where''s the sack him now option KB?....................He''s a tinkerman and quite frankly all wrong for this club...........in my opinion of course!![/quote]

Tinkerman! Your joking! With a small squad ravaged by suspension and injuries GR had to play about! The 13 match unbeaten run, i agree was done by keeping the same team.

Then suspension,injuries and illness kicked in and he had to act accordingly. Just because he didnt bring players back into the starting X1, it doesnt make him a tinkerman.

And before you say he started James Henry away to Leicester....he only started as Bertrand was ill on the day. Gibbs at home to Hull is the only time i can really say, why did he do that?!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Where''s the sack him now option KB?....................He''s a tinkerman and quite frankly all wrong for this club...........in my opinion of course!![/quote]

Wiz and thats why your opinion means very little... it''s bound to be negative!

Trust him for now. But come august is the time we can judge, right now on the forum its silly season, and everything is speculation. Will just have to wait and see.

Do we have a choice?  He is the manager and whether we trust him or not he is  in post and will do what he wishes.  The question is not really applicable.

Also, it does not hurt to remember that it is actually Delia and Michael''s club.  Choosing to buy a season ticket does not give us ownership anymore than shopping at Tescos gives us a right to describe it as our supermarket.  We are customers and decide whether or not to purchase services.   Trust in Glenn is an important factor in the decsion to buy and to that extent, I certainly trust him.

"Then suspension,injuries and illness kicked in and he had to act

accordingly. Just because he didnt bring players back into the starting

X1, it doesnt make him a tinkerman."Indeed - it suggests entirely the opposite.

He earned my trust by saving us when he inherited the team in a frankly ridiculous position last season. It took a smart man to salvage us from that state of affairs!

Roeder took us on a 13 game unbeaten run but very NEARLY undid it all again...

check our results and league positions at the end of last season.... if we hadnt of beaten QPR we would of been relegated... that is FACT!.. the way the table ended up would of been us in the last relegation place...

I back Roeder but we have to ask why it all went so wrong after the trip to spain or wherever it was?

jas :)