Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

2008/09 Fixture List

Thanks web team for the fast publication of the fixtures this morning, the official site still hasn''t got theirs up - shameful.

Good work!

Watford, Ipswich, Reading and Charlton as our final 4 games... yikes, I

hope it doesn''t come down to the wire this season again! Nah, it''s

okay, we''ll have gained automatic promotion by then....[;)]

[quote user="King Beef"]

Thanks web team for the fast publication of the fixtures this morning, the official site still hasn''t got theirs up - shameful.

Good work!

[/quote]

They are obviously far to busy finalising all these new signings that are to be announced today and making sure they get sufficient quotes from hoolahan and co!

It was there bang on ten. http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1328701,00.htmlThe Christmas fixtures are pre-arranged to prevent massively long journeys on Boxing Day, when there is no public transport.A fairly tricky start - Cardiff and Plymouth away and Birmingham at home in the first five games. And Wes playing against his former club in the first home game....

Wow what a season it''ll be, great to have a a strong finish, it''ll gear us up for the premiership!

KEEP THE FAITH

OTBC

So we have our first and last games away - again! Surely one of those should be at home!!

I''m not too pleased that Pete''s link stretches the page width off the screen - I hate having to keep scrolling left/right/left to read the comments!Good work on getting it up so quickly though (actress/bishop anyone?).I agree about the away game thing - not just the first game of the season, but the last as well, surely they could ensure that if you have to travel for the season opener, then you at least get to cheer the boys at home at the other end of the season. To make us travel for both these and again on Boxing Day - us City fans certainly seem to have a firm hold on the end of the stick with the doo-doo dripping off it!Selhurst Park is  the regular rubbish trip at Christmas - if it''s that easy to fix, why can''t they make it Ipswich? A lunch-time kick off when you''re still stuffed with turkey should make it even easier for the Old Bill to control the slavering hordes who have made derby day such a violent fixture over the last 20 years (not!)Oh well, even if we do have long-distance trips to Cardiff, Plymouth, Southampton and Bristol in the first 11 games - at least it will give all the new players plenty of time on the team bus to get to know each other!

I knew I could keep the faith with the web team!Thanks Pete, my little brain was getting dizzy - thought I was at Wimbledon for the tennis!

Based on how teams performed last year and the teams expected to have money, our first winnable games look like Barnsley and Southampton away at the end of October. New manager in November again?

[quote user="shortfatb"]Based on how teams performed last year and the teams expected to have money, our first winnable games look like Barnsley and Southampton away at the end of October. New manager in November again?[/quote]

Sorry, I meant end of September. New manager by October then.

we''ve had an away finish every season bar 1 since the Premiership FFS!

still at least its not Sheff Wed again...

the last 4 games are scary! October looks a horrible month too.

jas :)

I thought that if you didn''t play at home the first game of the season you play at home the last game of the season? That said it''s happened for the 3rd year in the row. I just don''t think we''re very popular.

It''s a relief to see we''ve got a home draw in the 3rd round of the FA Cup -  great!

I think there appears to be some misconception here, that the fixtures are all shoved into some container like in seaside bingo and then the games are randomly pulled out.From what I understand the same template pretty much carries over from season to season with various adjustments factored in for annual variables ie a new might take over a club leaving the division but will have to adjust if there are geographic clashes. Certainties are that -we will be playing a London club over Xmas.we will not play the paupers on a bank holiday - it is a guarenteed sellout so why lose another sellout.

Playing the pisswits so near the end of the season, hopefully with a playoff place at stake, a good reason to start winning at portaloo road again..

At this rate we won''t be asking the old question '' what sort of team will we put out against Milton Keynes ''.

About time we had a good old Xmas time derby. Been a few since we''ve had one at Carrow Road. The last derby near Xmas we went TOTL at PR. Who knows, it might be TOTL at CR this time! Well, we can all dream!I''ve had enough of home and away first and last games of the season! Although the run in is hard, I don''t look down the fixture list and really fear anyone to be honest. On our day we can beat anyone.An optimistic(ish) Yella

At least the club will have a fortnight to clean up Carrow Road after the paupers have stunk out the place.Cost a fortune in cillitbin last year !

Looking at how the club stands at the moment (money for quality signings, players willing to come here etc) we are going to be lucky to finish mid table. Another struggling season.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST