Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

2007/8 - highlight of the season for you...

There must be *so* many... er....But there were some good times this season.  For me, the highlight was Cureton''s outside of the foot finish to equalise against the binners when all was looking much less than great.

1 - The end of it

2 - Mathematically safe

3 - Hanging on away at Southampton. Only for the fact that I was listening to it in our uni library, and I got a bit carried away when Stern missed the penalty.

Believe it or not we got a mention on 5Live''s highlights show this afternoon, I think it came under "funniest moments" [:$]  It was Watford away and Marshall made a world class save to deny Dion a comedy og.

Might be worth another watch if someone can get it up on youtube.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]There must be *so* many... er....

But there were some good times this season.  For me, the highlight was Cureton''s outside of the foot finish to equalise against the binners when all was looking much less than great.

[/quote]

That was a great finish and was one of my highlights too. Others were (in no particular order)

Curetons first time shot into the top corner to get us a well deserved point in the game Fat was on about.

Curetons turn and volley for the winner against Southampton back in August.

Lee Crofts performance at palace that made  our annual NYD at Selhurst almost bearable.

Hucks and Dion combining to score another great goal in what turned out to be their final game at Sheffield.

Dublins 40 yard lob against Col U that hit the bar. Oh and that Col U fan who wanted to fight everyone in the Barclay afterwards. I always think of our old friend cameldunumunumnum when I remember it!

Ched Evans wonder strike to score the winner at Cardiff. Was it Championship goal of the season? It was spectacular and special that''s for sure.

Oh, and being 5-0 up against Barnet (?) in the league cup after half an hour or so, and singing "Englands number one" to the keeper. Which fair play to him, he turned round and applauded.

As above and the fact that we were in the top half of the table after Cardiff for a few hours due to the midday kick off. The best 45 minutes for me was the second half at Barnsley ...3 goals , created chance after chance and actually looked like a decent team.

That equaliser against the scumbeating Plymouth 2-1 and as a result winning my bets with Plymouth fans who had to start singing "Norwich til i die" for a good few weeksbeating southampton both times, both great results despite their overall finish.Cheds screamerGrant goingRoeder joining5-1 against Colly Whothe unbeaten run

Mo Camaras reaction to the referee giving the freekick against us  that led to Doherty being booked instead of him

Absolute comedy gold

WE8WBA - Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please x 50 million SOD OFF back to your own brick throwing, subway attacking, spitting, booing, and generally retarded sh**hole in the Midlands, and stop cluttering up our NCFC based forum with your pathetic strange accented nonsense. T*sser.

When it finished.

Apart from that, though:

The home wins against Coventry, Burnley and QPR - our best performances of the season for me. And the home game with Leicester where we battered them, but we somehow failed to win.

The comeback against Ipswich, of course.

Every away win - we don''t get too many of them so best enjoy them when they come around.

The best goals:

Cureton''s efforts against Southampton, Ipswich and Watford.

Evans'' winner at Cardiff.

Russell''s winner against Preston.

Lappin''s goals at home to Barnet and Cardiff.

[quote user="we8wba"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-xwSo-gLJA

your game of the season  [:)]

[/quote]

As a neutral, I thought that a bit of a puzzle and I''ve never seen the clip before.

While it is pretty obvious in what is a 9 minute sequence that Norwich were not at their best I doubt it shows the Wolves forwards at their best either - a couple of truly glaring misses there, both (my opinion) from failure to control the final ball.

Interesting, too, I thought was your Mr Marshall (who I have never seen play, live)

In the sequence there is a free kick before the second goal which I would say was his ball from the moment it was struck and yet he let it bounce unclaimed in front of him - fortunately a goal did not result. 

I don''t know what (if anything) was said at the time but Goal No 2 interested me as well.  It looks to me as if your keeper thought it was going out (it went in off the post) because when the shot was struck at a good level for a keeper he was closer to his right hand post and doesn''t even move for it at all.  I''ve no idea what the pace was but he''s nearly there for it and on just some video evidence that looked easier to turn round.

All an opinion, of course, and I only got as far as the Third Division (South).

On the first glaring miss early on there''s a camera shot of the Wolves manager saying something to his Assistant (???).  I wonder what that was.

It actually doesn''t look a great day for either side based on  nine minutes of that.

The atmosphere for the Ipswich home game. The best since the prem season.

Marshall''s unbelievable save against Hull when he somehow kept at a Frazer header.

Lee Camp''s performance for QPR in the final home game.

Best goal either Evans at Cardiff or Rusty against Preston.

Curetons goal against IpswichThe atmosphere at QPR/Ipswich gamesThe wonderful goals by Ched and Cureton that were in the end so so importantbut most of all, that win against Coventry. Probably the win that kept us safe. After the start of the season I thought we were down, after that match I think the players started to believe.

The televised QPR away game....Watched it in the pub, and seeing the disbelief on the locals faces....and thinking, that it was surely the death knell for Granty....

Curo''s goal against the Piswich at Carra - was most uplifting.....

Surviving relegation by the skin of our dentures.....

That''s about it....really.