Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

New 08/09 Jersey Design after Aviva announced

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

The bit at the bottom is new, so im assuming this is the new kit rather than AVIVA being superimposed.

Looks alright to me.

[/quote]

The cation to the picture in the story on the official page say ''Launch - New Home Kit''. So I can only pressume it is the new kit, not just one made to show Aviva.

Seems we''re stuck with Xara which I guess is a good option for the club. But would have been excited to see Canterbury involved.

Not looking to bad, i''ll be buying it for sure... now just for the away shirt to be sorted.

and looks liek the shorts are green

Think it looks great - looks like the older baggy style rather than the "fitted" style of the Flybe one to me though? 

I always think that the Xara shirts are too long! Does anyone else find that?  

It''s don''t think it''s just me being a stocky fella either (although that never helps!) I have noticed that they seem to be really long on most people, disproportionately so. Looked fine on Peter Crouch when he was here though!

[quote user="Stone"]

It''s don''t think it''s just me being a stocky fella either (although that never helps!) I have noticed that they seem to be really long on most people, disproportionately so. Looked fine on Peter Crouch when he was here though!

[/quote]

I''m 6''5" so suits me fine....

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the current shirt is one of the most comfortable we''ve ever had, it''s a good fit. I''m 6''8 and the XL one is a perfect fit, never thought it was too long!

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the current shirt is one of the most comfortable we''ve ever had, it''s a good fit. I''m 6''8 and the XL one is a perfect fit, never thought it was too long!

[/quote]well i''m 9'' 18"  so there.... shirt was a bit on the short side.

[quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

I''m 6''3" and like the longer style

I like the new shirt but £40 and not on general sale until mid-August, thats a but rich!

First time i saw it I thought  it was pretty dire... however Ive now come round to it, I think it looks quite nice... bit classic

I think the official site says the Away kit is being unveiled at the Royal Norfolk Show in June..

The black/green number looks more goalkeepery

And as to the away kit being orange... isnt that a tad close to what we have already? Hence why we wear away kits at wolves and blackpool.. meh

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]have they not done the new away shirt yet?[/quote]

The away kit runs for one year, until the end of the 2008-2009 season. The

new away kit will be exclusively unveiled at this year''s Royal Norfolk

Show (Wednesday, June 25 and Thursday, June 26) in the Norwich City

marquee. Exact launch details are to be confirmed.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]have they not done the new away shirt yet?[/quote]"The new away kit will be exclusively unveiled at this year''s Royal

Norfolk Show (Wednesday, June 25 and Thursday, June 26) in the Norwich

City marquee. Exact launch details are to be confirmed."You can pre-order the new home shirt now I think.

Not keen. Over fussy round the neck and bottom. Personally I think Xara are rubbish. All the top clubs have top manufacturers who produce simple designs. Disappointing. 

Is that Pro Evo ps2, ps3 or Xbox...?

Just wondering because the latest game has a terrible edit function on the ps3, and I had no way to make anything near this seasons kit...

Looks good. It''s funny that when Norwich Union get round to not having Norwich in their name, they finally come and sponsor us.

I think when a manufacturer spends too long at a club like Xara have kits become over complicated, you only need to look at some of Middlesbrough''s kits made by Errea over the last decade or so to see that some haven''t been so good. The simple designs are always the best.

In saying the above I quite like the new kit and the present seasons so what do I know?

[quote user="Freeza"]

The dark one had long sleeves so i would imagine thats a training top type thing.

They might just be mock ups to demonstrate the Aviva logo though.

[/quote]

The dark one (Green) is the goalkeeper kit. I don''t think the away kit has been officially released yet

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]oh i dont like the green one that much, poor old marshall having to wear it :D[/quote]

I disagree GP. I''m a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to goalkeepers tops.  It was always green when I was young and I think that looks best. I didn''t like the washed-out looking grey thing worn this season.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

I''m 6''3" and like the longer style

[/quote]

In response to all the tall folk I still think it''s a bit long - just check out all the players in the launch video on the main site. They''re drowning in the shirt! I know two of them are Curo and Matty Pattison, but even Shackell is.

The female tops are shorter but my man boobs aren''t quite big enough to justify that yet!