Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

No new players, 18 Jan. Anybody worried?

I actually think we may be the only club from the football leagues who hasnt bought a single player in the January transfer window.Pattison and Evans aside, are we gonna buy anyone or what? We have a massive opportunity now, the playoffs are a very real possibility. The way i see it, we either roll the dice, invest in a new striker and Martin Taylor and make the playoffs, or we buy no one and finish mid table. We really are just 2 players away from being a top side in this division, and having a squad to make the playoffs for sure.I think we will get MT, Brady will have to cave or lose him for nothing in the summer, hopefully there just waiting to get another in before they let him go, Cahill being the man.But aside from MT, who we still may or may not get, why is there no rumours, and no players in by 18th Jan, when teams all around us are strengthening for the playoff push?The board really do have no ambition whatsoever, i feel sorry for Glenn.

Think about our ''friends'' from Suffolk. They have 12 million to spend however nobody wants to join em, oh well.

Also they think (some of them anyway) that Martin Taylor is gonna sign for them..... I would laugh but that makes me feel sorry for them, poor little retards.....

Didnt we buy Pattison and get Evans, Camara and Bertrand on loan?

Why does Pattison not count?

The play-offs are miles away. And what would be the point anyway - we''d get utterly trashed in the Premiership. Far better to give it a proper go next season.

But I do agree that we need more. Taylor, Quashie and Ameobi for me. Come on Deels, get that chequebook out.

wouldnt pattison count as a signing? if not who stoke signed? they had cort and shawcross on loan so in your method their not signings!

come on, yes you havnt spent vasts amount of cash but who have

charlton signed?

wba signed?

watford signed? ainsworth of hereford  thats it i believe

sheff utd signed? speed

bristol c signed?

ipswich signed?

so norwich arent the only side are they? in fact you one of few teams who actually have signed people. and lets face it i better £10 when looking at deals you looked at qpr and leicester! which are very rare you have backing like those two teams, so stop comparing your busyness to theres.

[quote user="we8wba"]

wouldnt pattison count as a signing? if not who stoke signed? they had cort and shawcross on loan so in your method their not signings!

charlton signed?

wba signed?

sheff utd signed? speed

bristol c signed?

ipswich signed?

so norwich arent the only side are they? in fact you one of few teams who actually have signed people. and lets face it i better £10 when looking at deals you looked at qpr and leicester! which are very rare you have backing like those two teams, so stop comparing your busyness to theres.

[/quote]

None of the above are in the relegation zone.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="we8wba"]

charlton signed?

wba signed?

sheff utd signed? speed

bristol c signed?

ipswich signed?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nor are we.

[quote user="we8wba"]

charlton signed?

wba signed?

sheff utd signed? speed

bristol c signed?

ipswich signed?

[/quote]If i wanna hear the opinion of a scummer Wolves fan ill ask for it.Bugger off back to the Wovles fansite. Your not welcome here.On The Ball City..................................................................................................'''' We only hate Wolves and Ipswich, we only hate Wolves and Iiiiiiiiipswich''''...

[quote]

If i wanna hear the opinion of a scummer Wolves fan ill ask for it.

Bugger off back to the Wovles fansite. Your not welcome here.

On The Ball City
[/quote]

Well, that''s a shame Barclayman, you seem to have reverted to being Barclayboy there, being a bit childish when the yam-yam actually has a good point.  It''s early in the transfer window, deals will continue to be done until the last minute of the 31st, and then afterwards for loans.  I think I''m right in saying that if we bring some loans in too early, then they might not last until the end of the season.

So chill BM, plenty of time to bring people in. 

Incidentally, are you some kind of super hero then ?  With BM on yer shirt, and yer kecks outside yer trahsers ? [:)]

Barclayman to save the day, with his, er, chanting, and um, eating pies and stuff.

It''s a work in progress I grant you, but I''ll call DC Comics to see if they can get you a Trade Mark just in case...

Ha ha great comeback Barclayman, obviously had lots of points to make to counter we8wba post!!

Will everyone just calm down!!!  Playoffs is a target but not a realistic one for this season, mid table is respectable, building towards hopefully some kind of push next season.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

No new players, 18 Jan. Anybody worried?

Yes, very!.

[/quote]WIZTERIA........

State of violent mental agitation.

Excessive or uncontrollable fear.

Neurotic disorder characterized by violent emotional outbreaks and disturbances of sensory and motor functions.

So, calm down wiz. can''t have you suffering like this. There''s still THIRTEEN days left before the win.....

Damn, I bet he''s superstitious as well !!   [*-)]

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Why does Pattison not count?

The play-offs are miles away. And what would be the point anyway - we''d get utterly trashed in the Premiership. Far better to give it a proper go next season.

But I do agree that we need more. Taylor, Quashie and Ameobi for me. Come on Deels, get that chequebook out.

[/quote]

Just wanted to go back to this comment, if there''s no point in going up to the Premiership then what exactly are we playing for?? Fair enough we would get thrashed if we didn''t invest heavily but at least we''d be able to substantially increase our bank balance and get a few more years of parachute payments.

Personally I don''t think we''re going to get anywhere near them anyway as we''ll be lucky to have enough players to field a team at this rate!

Mr Fleck''s right thigh (great name by the way) - the quote option doesnt seem to be working for me, but I''m replying to your post...

I meant this season. If we went up we''d be a lot worse than Derby. We''d have to buy a totally new team, all of whom would leave at the end of the season when we got relegated. I was only saying that I would much rather Roeder built a decent side that could compete in Premiership with a few quality additions (like Reading did, for instance).

But as you say, it''s all academic anyway. We have no chance of reaching the play-offs. All I was saying was that I don''t think it''s a bad thing, this time round. I expect us to be in proper contention next season, though.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="we8wba"]

charlton signed?

wba signed?

sheff utd signed? speed

bristol c signed?

ipswich signed?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nor are we.

[/quote]

Relegation zone not bottom three dicky.  Think we''re safe, do you?

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="we8wba"]

charlton signed?

wba signed?

sheff utd signed? speed

bristol c signed?

ipswich signed?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nor are we.

[/quote]

[/quote]

i may be wrong here and please correct me if i am

but last i checked the relegation zone was the bottom 3teams?

i think he may feel little unsafe in the position you are in but in actual fact your the one who is wrong

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="we8wba"]

charlton signed?

wba signed?

sheff utd signed? speed

bristol c signed?

ipswich signed?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nor are we.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Relegation zone or even Relegation zone is the bottom three...

No such as safe... haven''t you seen Terminator?

BarclayMan. Tried to quote your message but keep getting a ''non-matching quote blocks'' message.

Worried? No. It''s 18th January and the window closes on the 31st January. The deadline is 13 days away. I suppose you''re one of the people who panic buys every time the news hints that there may be a shortage of bread, sugar, petrol or whatever. Just relax.

I don''t understand what you mean by ''all the teams around us are strengthening for the play-off push''. Presumably you think that Sheff. Wed, Leicester, QPR, Coventry, Blackpool and Barnsley are gearing up for a play-off push.

Can you also explain ''Pattison and Evans aside''? If you''re talking permanent signings then we haven''t signed Evans. If you are talking loans as well, then why haven''t you included Camara and Bertrand?

Like you I think we are not far off being amongst the top sides in the division, but I hope we will be investing in players sensibly rather than ''rolling the dice''. The tone of your letter seems to suggest that you would rather see anybody here just to say we''ve signed someone. Personally I''d rather we bought no one if we can''t find the people we want.

Just what exactly have our beloved club been doing for the last 18 days, playing Subbuteo? Surely they could have made a few thousand telephone calls and enquiries in that time. Why have we heard no names mentioned in connection with those countless enquiries? Nope, we''ve shipped too many players out now and we can''t find any suitable replacements for them. Nobody wants to come to Carrow Road any more. That''s another fine mess you''ve gotten us into, Stanley!

We8wba, is it me or did you not say on another post that you were not going to comment on this board anymore unless the post was about ''your'' team Wolves.. Now tell me if I''m wrong but this post is not about your scummy little team... so run away back to your chavvy little town and dont come back please!

Spot on there JJG. All GR needs to do is go onto Amazon, type in "Premiership quality player currently unwanted by current club but willing to move to Norfolk, accept a pay cut and play Championship football with possibly an outside chance of a play off place next year in order to relaunch career and is either a centre back, dogged midfielder or 20 goal a season striker" and he''d get a full listing (with user reviews as well) which he just needs to pick from, add to his shopping basket and checkout with his Visa card. He could do it while watching TV from his laptop. Lazy so-and-so I say. Go now and bring back Bryan Hamilton, he''d have filled our team with useless Dutchmen by now but at least we''d have bodies which is all that matters isn''t it?

Sighs and exits left.

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="we8wba"]

charlton signed?

wba signed?

sheff utd signed? speed

bristol c signed?

ipswich signed?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nor are we.

[/quote]

[/quote]

i may be wrong here and please correct me if i am

but last i checked the relegation zone was the bottom 3teams?

i think he may feel little unsafe in the position you are in but in actual fact your the one who is wrong

[/quote]

It''s not a case of right or wrong but interpretation.  If I meant bottom three I''d have said so.  Zone is another word for area.  Therefore we are in the relegation area, are we not? 

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="we8wba"]

charlton signed?

wba signed?

sheff utd signed? speed

bristol c signed?

ipswich signed?

[/quote]

[/quote]

infact all of the above are doing extremely well ... therefore not needing players like we do.

and sheff united have signed ugo ehiough.

charlton on verge of signing andy gray i believe.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]Just what exactly have our beloved club been doing for the last 18 days, playing Subbuteo? Surely they could have made a few thousand telephone calls and enquiries in that time. Why have we heard no names mentioned in connection with those countless enquiries? Nope, we''ve shipped too many players out now and we can''t find any suitable replacements for them. Nobody wants to come to Carrow Road any more. That''s another fine mess you''ve gotten us into, Stanley![/quote]

Who is to say we haven''t been making enquiries here there and everywhere? Do you have proof that we haven''t been making enquiries? All of the players shipped out wouldn''t have played for us again unless we had a seriously major injury crisis (1 had not made a first team appearance, 3 hadn''t played since Plymouth & the fifth was a striker who doesn''t score goals!).

Yes we can moan and panic once we get to the 31st until then I would chill out as the stress may get the better of you by 2 weeks time!!!!

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

BarclayMan. Tried to quote your message but keep getting a ''non-matching quote blocks'' message.

Worried? No. It''s 18th January and the window closes on the 31st January. The deadline is 13 days away. I suppose you''re one of the people who panic buys every time the news hints that there may be a shortage of bread, sugar, petrol or whatever. Just relax.

I don''t understand what you mean by ''all the teams around us are strengthening for the play-off push''. Presumably you think that Sheff. Wed, Leicester, QPR, Coventry, Blackpool and Barnsley are gearing up for a play-off push.

Can you also explain ''Pattison and Evans aside''? If you''re talking permanent signings then we haven''t signed Evans. If you are talking loans as well, then why haven''t you included Camara and Bertrand?

Like you I think we are not far off being amongst the top sides in the division, but I hope we will be investing in players sensibly rather than ''rolling the dice''. The tone of your letter seems to suggest that you would rather see anybody here just to say we''ve signed someone. Personally I''d rather we bought no one if we can''t find the people we want.

[/quote]Obviously i mean teams above us and on the fringes of the playoffs and indeed teams in the playoffs. There strengthening for an assault on the top six, from 3rd down to 17th, they all have a chance of makin the playoffs as the table is so tight. Having said that even Colchester have splashed some cash and there bottom.And no i dont panic buy, im just gettin impatient that weve bought no one when pretty much every other team in the division has.With regards to your comment on Pattison and the loans, your nit picking jackass. Yes weve signed 3 players on loan, wow. And Pattison on a permanent. He was already here and im mainly talking about strengthening the team in the areas we need for the promotion push, ie defence and attack. A Striker and a Centre Back.To answer your last point about ''rolling the dice'' of course i dont want us to just gamble on anyone just to get players in, every single signing a team makes is rolling the dice, a gamble, look at  Strihavka and Brellier, what i mean is we should be taking that financial risk of investing in an Ameobi or Taylor, cause i think it would give us a fantastic chance of making the playoffs. Of course lets get the right players, not just anyone. But i think the right players are out there, but will the board ''roll the dice'' and invest? Probably not. Thus shooting ourselves in the foot when the playoffs are a distinct possibility.Dont get me wrong, if your familiar with my posts im definitely a glass half full chap, and am always positive about NCFC, i always maintained all season, even when we were bottom under Grant that we had the potential to make the top 6. When Fozzy returns watch us go i said, and look what happened, especially after Roeder took over. Im just really impatient that weve bought no one when teams around us are splashing the cash, look at Colchester for gods sake. Theyve spent more than us.OTBC

Thanks for this historic moment.  I believe that may be the first ever reference to Colchester "splashing the cash" although "for god''s sake" and the variations thereon are all well known to U''s fans.

The window closes on Jan 31 and perhaps we should all look at things then?

I would point out that our contribution to "splashing the cash" involves two players at around £350-400k each at the moment.

Regardless, good luck for Saturday.