Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Dave

No Parkinson on the Charlton bench today

Unless somebody can tell me otherwise, i don''t think i saw Phil Parkinson on the Charlton bench for today"s game against QPR.

Maybe i''m reading to much into this, but is he on his way here?

[quote user="Thetford Dave"]

Unless somebody can tell me otherwise, i don''t think i saw Phil Parkinson on the Charlton bench for today"s game against QPR.

[/quote]

I Hope not - I live in Hull and he has been the Tiger''s most hated manager of recent times with some very expensive & very bad signings

[quote user="gangmower"]i did not see him either.thats my lot after 42 years if they appoint a 3rd rate number two.[/quote]

Just got a text from my mate who is at WBA who says he saw him prior to the game so looks done and dusted to me

If this happens I will be sorely tempted to give up on City, I will go into hiding!

I agree - if this is true that''s my lot too ive had it with this regime ! i won''t go until Smith leaves.  If Parkinson is appointed things are going to get extremely nasty at Carrow Road !

It is roumored that Phil Parkinson (Charlton Athletic Assistant Manager) was not at the Charlton v QPR match today in the early kick off at The Valley. This can only mean one thing- He''s coming here! Board to let the public know within the next few days. A bit of a dissapointment because there are better Managers that Phil Parkinson but then again the board only ever appoint Alan Pardew''s Assistant. First Peter Grant, now Phil Parkinson. What Rubbish!!!!!!!!

Why do we only ever appoint Alan Pardew''s right hand man???

Lack of ambition from the board!!!

So many good Managers out there!!!

What are we doing!!!!

[quote user="gangmower"]i did not see him either.thats my lot after 42 years if they appoint a 3rd rate number two.[/quote]

44 years for me and you can count me out too.  I wonder how many more will also vote with their feet.  I feel as if my club has been hijacked and destroyed by a succession of hopeless managers who have been allowed to waste what little money there was (after prudence had kept her share of course) on very poor players.  If we buy the kind of rubbish we have seen coming in (with the very odd exception) ever since Mike Walker left, where can we expect to be?  Answer:  In the league where players of that quality should have stayed in the first place!  To be fair, some players may appear to be worse than they realy are as a result of the dreadful management decisions regarding tactics and most importantly, playing men out of position.  How good would Pele have been if his manager had put him in at full back?  God help us if we don''t get the right man in.  And Parkinson aint it!      

so what makes Parkinson better than Littbarski and Crook?  If they appoint him it will be like the club commiting suicide

apparently crook is not management material, he failed a psychometric test when he applied for the job last year and that is one of the reasons why he did not get the job

Hooray ----he  was at Charlton!

[quote user="Thetford Dave"]

[/quote]

for spreading evil rumours Neil Adams should apologise, I nearly had a heart attack!

Huzzah! Less chance of Parkinson!

Neil Adams should bugger off at one point he thought we were playin QPR

I''m concerned that if Parkinson is out of the running, Grayson is out, Williams a no-no, Hareide another no, Jewell unless he''s gone mad.

Who''s left?

Were''s this high profile manager?????

Come on Dion the jobs there for the taking

I too breathed a sigh of relief when told Parkinson was athe the charlton game. We need better. Yes, he did well at colchester, byt he failed miserably at Hull in a similar situation and is also an egocentric, arrogant person who i wouldnt want.

[quote user="Bomber"]

Just got a text from my mate who is at WBA who says he saw him prior to the game so looks done and dusted to me

[/quote]You just couldn''t make it up could you,................erh yes you can![:D]

still doesnt mean he wont get the job though does it? maybe he was saying goodbye to the players.  until the board say hes not coming dont believe that hes not, why else would archant and others have headlines suggesting he is the favourite? somebody must tip journalists off, mustnt they?