Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Lucien Mettomo to sign next week

Is set to sign, one of  my best friends was taking to him in the Jarrold Hospitality after the game yesterday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucien_Mettomo

Lucien Mettomo (* 19 April 1977 in Douala) is a Cameroonian football player, who possesses also the French nationality.

The defense player began his career in his homeland with Ocean Kribi. it changed 1996 to the French club AS Saint Étienne, for which it was used two years later for the first time into the Ligue 2. In this season he came altogether on 33 employments and obtained thereby seven gates whereby he had a large portion of the ascent of the association. In the next two seasons it lost its master place in the defense with Saint Etienne and experienced also the descent in the season 2000/2001 from the Ligue 1 also. After five play days in the Ligue 2, Mettomo still changed before transfer conclusion on the British island to Manchester town center. For the Prime Minister Leagueclub it played in its first year 23-mal. After it functioned however in the following season only as a spare player, it changed at the beginning of the season 2003/2004, again this time to the German association 1. FC Kaiserslautern. With the red Teufeln he came in his first two play times to altogether 32 employments and obtained thereby two gates. For the back round 2005/06 it was lent to the Turkish Erstligisten Kayseri Erciyesspor. On 26 July 2006 Mettomo signed a 2-Jahres-Vertrag with Swisssuper League association FC Luzern.

In the Cameroonian national team he celebrated his debut 1997 against Nigeria. With the unbezaehmbaren lions it won 2000 and 2002 the Africa championship, 2004 was it likewise in the quantity. Besides it reached 2003 the final of the Konfoederationen cup. Also at the WM 2002 Mettomo stood in the quantity of Cameroon, however with the Vorrundenaus of its country was not used. Altogether it completed 36 international matches for its country.

[work on] statistics

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucien_Mettomo

He was sat on the back row of the Director''s Box in the City Stand - watching our superb performance ''snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.''

Thought the transfer window had closed and you couldnt get loanees in for a couple of weeks or am I wrong?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Thought the transfer window had closed and you couldnt get loanees in for a couple of weeks or am I wrong?[/quote]

no idea - he is a free agent, I wonder if that makes a difference?

[/quote]

A free agent? Now, there''s a surprise.

The ''Manchester Town Centre'' thing isn''t a mistake but actually the name of the side Mettomo played for in the Rochdale and District Sunday League (Division 3) - not Manchester City as some people have suggested.

It''s a very competitive league though so I''m sure he''ll fit in well here and do a good job.

I''ve also heard rumours we''re after a winger PG has spotted playing for Taunton Town in Division 1 (South and West) of the British Gas Business Football League. Fingers crossed on that one!

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Thought the transfer window had closed and you couldnt get loanees in for a couple of weeks or am I wrong?[/quote]

[/quote]

A free agent? Now, there''s a surprise.

[/quote]

Wasn''t Dublin one of them?

This is a Mystery!

I cant hold my excitement!

Will he sign? Who is he? Where does he play?

Mettomo''s a great name, i can feel a song coming on.

i did post this last week but people laughed me off he was in city on tuesdayi dont sprend rumours like most of the stuff you can find on msg boards - could be an asset

mettomo- former cameroon international 30, who has also got a french passport. Played for man city not so long ago. Plays predominantly at centre back, but can also play right back, physically and mentally strong

[quote user="Peter Grunt"]

He must be good he''s got his own web site...

http://site.lucien.free.fr/index.htm

Any French speakers care to translate the highlights?

Looks like Patrick Viera''s twin!

One thing he has got on his side...experience!

[/quote]

Pourquoi ce site ? (Site non officiel)

Tout simplement pour faire découvrir au grand public ce fabuleux joueur qu''est Lucien Mettomo. Dans les rues de Douala il impressionnait déjà par son physique. Le centre de formation de l''AS Saint Etienne a fait émerger ses qualités footballistiques naturelles qui ont fait de lui l''un des piliers de l''équipe première de ce club légendaire.

Dans les travées de Geoffroy Guichard, tout le monde se souvient encore, entre autre, de ses tacles autoritaires, de ses montées de balles ravageuses et de son jeu de tête efficace. Tout ceci lui a permis de devenir un titulaire indiscutable chez les lions indomptables.

Malheureusement, certains entraîneurs ont décidé ces derniers temps de ne pas lui faire totalement confiance, mais Lucien prend son mal en patience et est prêt à rugir de nouveau !

Et comme dit un proverbe camerounais : Même si l''éléphant est maigre, il reste le roi de la forêt.

Why have this unofficial site?

Simply so the wider public can discover the fabulous player that is Lucien Mettomo. On the streets of Douala he stood out due to his physique. The AS St Etienne academy has helped bring out his natural footballing qualities which have made him a cornerstone of the the first team, of this legendary club.

In the stands of the Geoffrey Guichard stadium everyone still remembers his strong tacles, his rampaging forward runs, and his effective heading. All these qualities have helped him to become an undisputed member of the indomitable lions.

Unfortunately certain managers have recently not given him their full backing, but Lucien takes this setback with patience, and is ready to roar again!

As the Cameroon proverb goes: Even if the elephant is thin, he stays king of the forest.

[/quote]

Off topic but are you phrankin on the WOTB?

There also seem to be a few comments on that site from Nantes fans (also the Canaries) who can''t wait for him to join their team to help them get promotion back to the top French league. I wonder if there has been a mix up somewhere.

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]There also seem to be a few comments on that site from Nantes fans (also the Canaries) who can''t wait for him to join their team to help them get promotion back to the top French league. I wonder if there has been a mix up somewhere.[/quote]

he was at Carrow Road Satdee however.

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]There also seem to be a few comments on that site from Nantes fans (also the Canaries) who can''t wait for him to join their team to help them get promotion back to the top French league. I wonder if there has been a mix up somewhere.[/quote]

he was at Carrow Road Satdee however.

[/quote]

You said yesterday that he was set to sign presumeably thats what your best friend who you said was taking to him in the Jarrold Hospitality after the game yesterday told you??

So has that changed???

[quote user="cityangel"]

You said yesterday that he was set to sign presumeably thats what your best friend who you said was taking to him in the Jarrold Hospitality after the game yesterday told you??

So has that changed???

[/quote]

My friend is an Arsenal fan who was just happened to be on the beers in Jarrold Hospitality talking to the player (and some NCFC directors/bigwigs (AKA thickos))after the game.  So nothing has changed.

I was at the game too, and i can play center of defence, and i''m available on a free... yet nobodies linking me with a move to Norwich City FC! FFS! Yet this guy waltzes in, and steals my thunder...

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Off topic but are you phrankin on the WOTB?

[/quote]

Yes he is, its a very amusing contrast isn''t it - from potty mouthed wind up merchant to respectable citizen journalist in one mouse click, lol! [:D]