Sign in to follow this  
Cheerio

Any else a bit sick of the Scottish thing?

whats wrong with scots? they have a good bit of fight , are use to being the under dogs alot of the time and know how to play football.

if there are players who are scottish coming to us who are good its better than players from other countires coming who are bad.

grant has an advantage other managers dont have, scottish connections, hence thats where the players coming from, a reason why i think we didnt have any competition for lappin as Grant asked around scotland for a lef sided midfielder before stumbling across lappin.

nothing wrong with scottish players.

I would rather have a Scottish player than other foreign players because they are at least used to the pace of the British game. Helveg, Jonson, Colin all took time to settle and time is something we have not got!

Bagpipes as the players walk out of the tunnel?

Drop the crossbar challenge and it''s tossing the cabre at half time.

Haggis instead of pies at half time.

Could be interesting.

I''d have the Krankies playin'' for the club, as long as they put the effort in and give it their all.........

Mello, a ''FAN DABBY DOZI''.........fan.

Very clannish these scots !   as soon as Grant got the nod  I  knew  we`d get a bunch of haggis bashers  in ....  his mate Strachan   saw to that ! 

Still , as long as they do the business , who cares   ?  but they`ll find the pace  and thuggery  of the champ   might  be a bit hard to digest with their porridge  [;)]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Forbes, Fleck, Gunn and Mackay all fine by me.[/quote]I''ll take the liberty of adding Holt to that list (barring his last season, when he wasn''t properly fit)

If they bring some celtic (deliberate small c here) passion and commitment its OK by me- exactly what we need. Gary Holt would run himself into the ground for the cause until he got too slow, but he never gave up. And Malky never knew when he was beaten- remember the determination on his face when he put that header in the Wolves goal in the last minute of the play off semi final first leg?

its the whole braveheart thing, an example being malky, we need that fire.

every team needs the whole scotch or celtic, eg malky, roy keane, souness, to fire the team up

As long as they dor the business for NCFC I dont care if they come from Timbucktoo.  Its a bit like Chelsea fans saying they are sick of foreigners.  Do they really care. 

But aren''t they used to being beaten by the English... ;)

[quote user="Polar1990"]

whats wrong with scots? they have a good bit of fight , are use to being the under dogs alot of the time and know how to play football.

if there are players who are scottish coming to us who are good its better than players from other countires coming who are bad.

grant has an advantage other managers dont have, scottish connections, hence thats where the players coming from, a reason why i think we didnt have any competition for lappin as Grant asked around scotland for a lef sided midfielder before stumbling across lappin.

nothing wrong with scottish players.

[/quote]

Would this be the same Diesel who accused me of being "naive and arrogant" for stating that folk born outside of Norfolk couldn''t share the same "personal" feeling about the City/club link? Now he/she/it  is claiming there are too many Scots arriving?

Mmmmmm. Glass houses and all that I think.........

Wenger signs a lot a French players,  Benitez signs numerous Spanish players. Is it really a surprise to see a manager of a particular nationality trying to make use of his connections? Grant has to make the best use of what and who he knows, especially being a young and inexperienced manager. So no, it''s no surprise to see him using his knowledge of Scottish football and his Scotland connections. As for the players themselves, they should be judged on their ability as footballers, nothing else.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Would this be the same Diesel who accused me of being "naive and arrogant" for stating that folk born outside of Norfolk couldn''t share the same "personal" feeling about the City/club link? Now he/she/it  is claiming there are too many Scots arriving?

[/quote]Firstly, I think diesel''s post was meant to be light hearted, althought I may be mistaken.and secondly is it true that you did state such a thing?

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]Firstly, I think diesel''s post was meant to be light hearted, althought I may be mistaken.and secondly is it true that you did state such a thing?[/quote]I''m wondering that, did Cluck state such a thing? If so, it shows he''s far more blinkered and ignorant than I gave him credit for, for which I apologise...I was born in the Midlands, lived in Norfolk most of my life and am now residing in Manchester.  I''ve seen one home game this season and that was in August.  I guess that means I don''t have the same level of "personal" feeling about the city or club... oh well, I thought I liked Norwich and it''s football team, but I guess I was wrong... ho hums...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

Firstly, I think diesel''s post was meant to be light hearted, althought I may be mistaken.
and secondly is it true that you did state such a thing?
[/quote]

I''m wondering that, did Cluck state such a thing? If so, it shows he''s far more blinkered and ignorant than I gave him credit for, for which I apologise...

I was born in the Midlands, lived in Norfolk most of my life and am now residing in Manchester.  I''ve seen one home game this season and that was in August.  I guess that means I don''t have the same level of "personal" feeling about the city or club... oh well, I thought I liked Norwich and it''s football team, but I guess I was wrong... ho hums...
[/quote]

Well....Monkey...I''m proud that you have chosen to support my home City club. The point made is whether the club is only a part of why you follow NCFC....or whether it is the club itself that attracted you? If you don''t see the Cathedral etc. as part of your heritage....you won''t have the same personal feelings as those of us who do. It quite simple and perfectly logical. A sense of belonging to the place of our birth overrides any sentiment attached to somewhere you may just "like to be"......Sorry if hurts guys....but being Norfolk born and bred is a special privilige......not a lifestyle choice       [;)]

As for Deisel''s post...I don''t give a monkeys. NEXT? 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Green and Yellow Tartan scarfs anyone ? [:)][/quote]

lol BlahX3 i can see them on sale in the club shop in the near future! u should get a commission!

jas :)

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][As for Deisel''s post...I don''t give a monkeys. NEXT? [/quote]

Touched a nerve eh?

I wouldnt mind seeing an invasion of Scotch Pies though... Battered haggis maybe one step too far, but am not one for those balti/veggi pies or anyother match day specials...

don''t care if they''re from outer mongolia. If they are better than what we already have then get them in. would you complain as much if the new manager had been brazilian??

[quote]you''ll be arguing about who''s dad is bigger next...[/quote]The correct answer is my dad.  He''s huge in Aylsham, and quite big in Japan.

[quote user="Spilt Diesel"]

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][As for Deisel''s post...I don''t give a monkeys. NEXT? [/quote]

Touched a nerve eh?

[/quote]

He he he Diesel......don''t flatter yourself mate. After all of the abuse I get hurled at me on here, that''s almost a compliment........[;)]

"Virtual" sticks and stones and all that.........

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"] After all of the abuse I get hurled at me on here, that''s almost a compliment........[;)]

[/quote]

not just me then.....LOL

Club crest to include a thisle as from next season apparently