Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Canary

Worst player ever...

Didn''t Darren Beckford score a hat-trick against Oldham or someone similar for us? I''d have to say I agree he was fairly poor, but nowhere near the uncoveted ''worst player ever''.

For me Mike Sheron is a much stronger candidate, along with the inept footballing entity known as Simon Tracey.

[quote user="Canaries Canary"]

For Norwich City.

Darren Beckford.

[/quote]

hey, Darren Beckford was one of the best goalkeepers we ever had!

Raymond De Waard.

I only select him above Steve Walsh because I''ve seen Walsh play football before, and he was ok.

I have no idea if De Waard was actually a footballer before or after his time at Norwich! He certainly wasn''t during his spell here.

Sean Carey... at least Beckford was good in goal and Coney actually scored!

jas :)   

Is that the same De Waard who once said in the Pinkun he liked to think of himself as a Ryan Giggs type player? Well, I suppose they both played in the same position but that''s as far as the similarity goes!

Regardless, he still wasn''t as bad as Dean we only signed you because you scored against us for Grimsby Coney!!!!

Pape Diop - Bad tempered midfielder

Fernando Derveld   - awful left back

Steve Walsh - Past it centre half

Raymond de waard - woeful left winger

Graham Stuart - completely past it.

Adrian Coote - Left us and soon moved to wroxham!

Some of these (i think de waard) were brought without the the manage at the time (rioch i think or was it hamilton) seeing them play.

Mike Sutton....father of Chris wasn''t that brilliant......

Always turned bright purple after a minutes exertion.  Alistair Miller was pretty awful too.

Dean Coney. Saw him play in the reserves when he first joined and he was truly dreadful. Steve Walsh personified everything that was wrong with Bryan Hamilton, but we knew he wasn''t much cop, whereas we actually thought that Dean might do something, when he actually did nothing.

Beckford wasn''t that bad, but Chase unusually gave him a bloody good deal, which he wasn''t prepared to do with his mate Robbie Earle. Beckford did have a decent game in goal away once, so he wasn''t all bad.

Both my votes are for former loanees.Recently, its got to be Kevin Lisbie.He didn''t actually look that bad as an athlete, but goalscoring stats don''t lie. Going back a few years, anyone who witnessed Simon Tracey''s comedy "goalkeeping" display on his debut (and thankfully only) appearance will no doubt join me in voting him the worst goalkeeper and very possibly the worst player. Was it 6 in the end?

Actually Herb I remember Simon Tracey made quite a few appearances for us in the 94/95 season. I believe his debut was Vs Coventry at Carrow Road. He went right out to the corner flag for some reason to collect a loose ball, only to be put under a pressure by a Cov player and pass it straight to Ndlovue (sp?) who gratefully rolled it into the Norwich net. He was then called upon again in our FA Cup 5th round tie at Goodison Park vs Everton. He was shocking! We lost 5-0. Say no more!

My vote has to go to Mike Sheron - bought in as Chris Sutton''s replacement, even given his squad number of 22, he scored 1 league goal for us I believe.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

My vote has to go to Mike Sheron - bought in as Chris Sutton''s replacement, even given his squad number of 22, he scored 1 league goal for us I believe.

[/quote]He was crap for us, but his subsequent record proves he was a half decent player at this level.I seem to remember he finished the season as top scorer with 7, but I could be wrong.The match you mention is the one I was at - I was trying to remember who we played and the player who robbed him when he decided he wanted to have a go at being at outfield player - cheers! I thought that was his only game for us, weird.

Yeah I remember Sheron going to Stoke in a part-exchange deal with Keith Scott coming here. Scott scored on his debut, and in the next game too, leaving us thinking we had an able replacement who could score goals (unlike Sheron), but then of course O''Neill buggered off and Scott was never the same and probably would make some people''s posts in this particular thread.

And it was at Stoke that Sheron started scoring bucket loads! However, he was awful here it had to be said. Clearly didn''t settle.

Also the £200,000 we got from Stoke after Sheron had played 30 games right at the end of the 1995/96 season kept City afloat and stopped them having to go into receivership. So I for one won''t here a word against him. I think it was the only time he actually played more or less every game, missing one would have meant we didn''t get the money till next season

Eric Fugelstad - It was like Walker had asked some small boy, who just happened to be at Carrow Rd for work experience, to pull on a City shirt and play at left back. I think large gusts of wind used to actually blow him off the ball.  Has he finished school now?But if we''re including loan players, then it has to be Simon Tracey. Yes, I was there at Goodison Park that day. And it still hurts.