Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

QUITE SIMPLY: NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY FOR WORTHINGTON!

No one wants to sign and play under him.

Youth doesn''t get a fair crack and even Rossi Jarvis took time to sign.

Who in this squad wants to go out and sweat blood for him?

Who in this squad of any quality wants to go out and play for him?

Who in this squad of good quality actually does play well for Worthington? Huckerby? IMO Huckerby knows something and in addition to being an honest pro for his own self respect is gunning for a post at Norwich through all his media comments and good luck to him, he has even made comments on Worthington and got away with it.

Etuhu has finally woken up to the fact he needs a career, Docherty is a limited trier and an honest pro.

Croft saw first team football at the right time and the chance to work under Hunter.

No one wants to play for the Manager because they respect him like a Martin O''Neill figure or because they fear him like a Ferguson.

Worthington has more than gone full circle. The Club needs a freshening up, new ideas, a new outlook and this doesn''t mean a change to 4-5-1 with no plan B worked out by other Clubs after 5 games.

I thought we were after promotion this season when infact it seems we are just consolidating into post parachute mode.

This Club has too many season ticket holders and is taking too much for granted on the back of it. A 30,000 capacity would remove the fear of not getting to see games for so many the season ticket base would drop 5,000.

On top of all this there is nothing from the Board. What on earth is going on?

Can they not see no one wants to play for or come and play for Worthington.

Well said and sadly true. We need a change quickly before another season is lost. Unless Worthington pulls some amazing transfers out of the bag like the Huckerby, Crouch, Harper scenario there''s no way I can see our promotion push going the distance unless we have no injuries at all. Only a few games in, with Hucks and Drury out injured and the damage is clear for us all to see! Add a few more to that and we won''t actually be able to field our full matchday quoto of 16 of professionals! Our away performances have been woeful for the past two seasons and nothing has changed this season!

Worthy out!

i''d agree rude old that on the pitch yesterday city were second best to palace - who seemed to have the greater desire/fresher legs? than we did.  if this was the players response to worthy''s post-southend roasting, then it wasn''t what it should have been.  for me, worthy''s u turn over the mckenzie transfer saga, when he clearly tried to praise leon up and make him feel wanted, even when leon made it repeatedly clear he wasn''t happy any longer in the press - showed worthy was employing a different approach to his usual cold shoulder, this i was pleased to see.the players let worthy/hunter down yesterday, and they must somehow squeeze a better performance away against rotherham on tuesday.  at the moment however, i feel the players do want to play for worthy/hunter. 

Rudolph, hear that noise? its the sound of the nail being hit on the head, Well Said mate. some excellent points and nothing i can add

jas :)

I''ll stick my neck out even further and say that if things stay as they are we''re more likely to be facing a relegation battle than a promotion push ! 

Wake up The Board, i beg you, before its too late !!

Very well said and written; you have illustrated probably 90% of the fans thoughts and fears! Why Mr Worthington was manager after the decable of relegation from Premier League, I am as baffled as we all are? Why he is still manager after last season''s lack of performances and results, followed by his lack of managerial ability to add to a very small and inadequate squad this season ,succeeded by his weak managment of Mckenzie, that has weakened our small squad even further, JUST BEGGARS BELIEF and as for the managmenmt of the club via Delia & Co, there is NO management, strategy, control, vision, discipline and direction!

Yeah excellent points well made Rude Old

Never mind yesterday''s game, which wasn''t that good, but not as dire as some make out.  No, yesterday''s game is just another example of complacency... of just hoping things will get better.... of winning the first few games and thinking, thank God, it''s going to be alright..next week oh let''s give it another ten games or so, let X bed in with the team, let Y come back to full fitness...

What concerns me is Delia speaking in the Telegraph, I even had a dream about it the other night...

When parachute payments run out......we will have to make cut backs, or words to that effect.  What else is there to cut back?  And who? 

Now that scares the hell out of me...more than Palace, more than Southend...

Who was on the bench yesterday, and not even a third of the way into the season and we have a major crisis, our best player out for a month, no reinforcements able to save us till January.  Yes we can loan someone in, but if (as Delia hinted) we are really so strapped for cash, should we even be considering that?

What on earth is going to happen to our club next season if

WE DON''T GET PROMOTED?

It could happen... even those with aforementioned heads in sand must be waking up to the fact that once we meet another side who are as capable as us (or more so) we run into trouble.  So what''s Plan A, B, C, what happened to the five year plan, whatever happened (if it ever existed) to ambition?

Yes, we have a limited plan and it''s not not working. We haven''t got too many players to call on.  The youth players are not going to play first team, we already know that.   So, what is going to happen?

We just carry on hoping, muttering stuff about stability, faith in the manager, etc etc

Doesn''t it feel as if we have been here before.

Getting off the fence" wrote:

Presumably you know all these players and have discussed it with them before subsequently betraying their confidences. Alternatively this is just a load of bovine (male) excretia.

Like everyone else without an inside Club contact GOTF I have to read the indicators and judge by what I see and what I see is a stable and fantastically supported Club punching below it''s weight in all departments.

McKenzie was obviously throwing in a red herring with the ''want to be near my family'' thing. He wanted out and Worthington couldn''t charm him to stay, so what did he know? Don''t you ever ask yourself questions? Don''t you ever wonder? Don''t you ever think outside the box or look for answers to questions such as: why so small a squad? Why no plan B? Why no target man? Why other Clubs sign players and not us, and do so on smaller budgets? So many questions, so few answers.

If supporters of Norwich had the bottle to ''do a Leeds'' and not turn up for one home game, or not renew their season tickets then something would happen pretty quick. Instead, with the sheepish fans we have this dirge will drag on and on to the detriment of the Club''s long term interests such as the end of parachute payments and the sale or loss of top players.

Square one here we come.

These are excellent posts RH.

And I fully agree, if Norwich fans had half the passion of the Leeds fans then something would be happening. The common quote from the KTF lot is "I don''t want to be like a Leeds/Wolves/West Ham/etc fan!" The impression I get of a lot of Norwich fans is they just accept the mediocrity. Quite happy just to see things as they are. The other aforementioned clubs do not tolerate mediocrity for a few months. We have been putting up with it for over 2 years! I really think it would be a fantastic idea to organise something to push the club into making changes. A game boycott would do nicely, but as you say RH, this would never happen with too many Norwich fans happy "just to see a game of football", however badly it is played.

Rant over.

Excellent post, well said. We all have many questions that need answers as something is clearly not right with our club! I for one feel that our club is worse at present than when Chase was here! Under chase we was a selling club that replaced players with the cheaper unfurnished option, however at present we just sell and take the P*** out of our great supporters. We claim to be aiming for promotion and yet the signings strategy shows absolutely none. I for one have many Q''s that I want answered. At least under Chase we bought land to help the club in the future. Well this lot are also selling that and replacing it in the same way they are the players. These are very worrying times and we could be in for a very heated season unless a sign of ambition is shown A.S.A.P.

that post is a great example of narrow minded worthy outers

everyone wants to play for worthy.who has left,ok i dont want a long list.

who has stayed from the prem

drury, shackel, safri, mcveigh,hucks,etc..........................

this players if it wasnt for worthy would have gone do you think if worthy goes they would stay.i remember last season sfari hugging worthy after scoring

hucks always sticks up for worthy!

also he has brought in the doc gallacher and earnshaw plus others great signings

on paper we have a good team

after one bad week you want to complain.thats fine but i cant belive any off u think that no one wants to play for worthy!

with the all the negatives around carrow road we will not go up.worthy will go so will the players then will u lot be happy?

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]Presumably you know all these players and have discussed it with them before subsequently betraying their confidences. Alternatively this is just a load of bovine (male) excretia.[/quote]

Nigel Worthington has fallen out with a fair few players in his time here.  Neil Doncaster admitted it in a reply to a letter last season from a concerned fan about the direction this club was going in.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]No one wants to sign and play under him. Youth doesn''t get a fair crack and even Rossi Jarvis took time to sign. Who in this squad wants to go out and sweat blood for him? Who in this squad of any quality wants to go out and play for him? Who in this squad of good quality actually does play well for Worthington? Huckerby? IMO Huckerby knows something and in addition to being an honest pro for his own self respect is gunning for a post at Norwich through all his media comments and good luck to him, he has even made comments on Worthington and got away with it. Etuhu has finally woken up to the fact he needs a career, Docherty is a limited trier and an honest pro. Croft saw first team football at the right time and the chance to work under Hunter. No one wants to play for the Manager because they respect him like a Martin O''Neill figure or because they fear him like a Ferguson. Worthington has more than gone full circle. The Club needs a freshening up, new ideas, a new outlook and this doesn''t mean a change to 4-5-1 with no plan B worked out by other Clubs after 5 games. I thought we were after promotion this season when infact it seems we are just consolidating into post parachute mode. This Club has too many season ticket holders and is taking too much for granted on the back of it. A 30,000 capacity would remove the fear of not getting to see games for so many the season ticket base would drop 5,000. On top of all this there is nothing from the Board. What on earth is going on? Can they not see no one wants to play for or come and play for Worthington.[/quote]

HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT THAT THE PLAYERS MIGHT BE FED UP WITH MOANING FANS WEEK IN WEEK OUT ?!

COeon rude old - you know the answer is that there are no player out there who are better than the current squad.... 

Excellent observation RH.

We are now nearer to the relegation zone than we are the automatic promotion places pomints wise. On saturday we looked clueless and disinterested.

As ever Worthless saw positives in the game...........................I saw a leaderless, unmotivated team.

pitch fork wrote

[quote]

post is a great example of narrow minded worthy outers

everyone wants to play for worthy.who has left,ok i dont want a long list.

who has stayed from the prem

drury, shackel, safri, mcveigh,hucks,etc..........................

this players if it wasnt for worthy would have gone do you think if worthy goes they would stay.i remember last season sfari hugging worthy after scoring

hucks always sticks up for worthy!

also he has brought in the doc gallacher and earnshaw plus others great signings

on paper we have a good team

after one bad week you want to complain.thats fine but i cant belive any off u think that no one wants to play for worthy!

with the all the negatives around carrow road we will not go up.worthy will go so will the players then will u lot be happy?

[/quote]You don''t need a pitch fork when you can clutch at straws like this!

king of latvia wrote

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]No one wants to sign and play under him. Youth doesn''t get a fair crack and even Rossi Jarvis took time to sign. Who in this squad wants to go out and sweat blood for him? Who in this squad of any quality wants to go out and play for him? Who in this squad of good quality actually does play well for Worthington? Huckerby? IMO Huckerby knows something and in addition to being an honest pro for his own self respect is gunning for a post at Norwich through all his media comments and good luck to him, he has even made comments on Worthington and got away with it. Etuhu has finally woken up to the fact he needs a career, Docherty is a limited trier and an honest pro. Croft saw first team football at the right time and the chance to work under Hunter. No one wants to play for the Manager because they respect him like a Martin O''Neill figure or because they fear him like a Ferguson. Worthington has more than gone full circle. The Club needs a freshening up, new ideas, a new outlook and this doesn''t mean a change to 4-5-1 with no plan B worked out by other Clubs after 5 games. I thought we were after promotion this season when infact it seems we are just consolidating into post parachute mode. This Club has too many season ticket holders and is taking too much for granted on the back of it. A 30,000 capacity would remove the fear of not getting to see games for so many the season ticket base would drop 5,000. On top of all this there is nothing from the Board. What on earth is going on? Can they not see no one wants to play for or come and play for Worthington.[/quote]

HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT THAT THE PLAYERS MIGHT BE FED UP WITH MOANING FANS WEEK IN WEEK OUT ?!

Been thinking quite a bit  about your post Hucker ,I think its true that Nigel  is a bit uptight  with  a lot of the players  ...    and I don`t think its in him to do a Barry Fry  !   who , by the way , falls out with the entire team  , the tea lady and the  dog next door !!    maybe  he`d get along better  with the lads if he DID  let it all hang out ?   

The truth is more likely to be,  he just  can`t stand those players  who  he KNOWS aren`t pulling their fingers out !  most of us can guess who they might be  ?    cos when they run out on the field  .... there`s NO secrets  !   

Hunter  has to come into the calculation this season , so it cant be all Nigels fault if it goes tits up !   those two  are working together  now ....

The squad  IS    too small   ,  on the plus side  is that the likes of Etuhu,  Doc ,  Colin  etc    are getting their act together  ,  we got rid  of  some of the sulky misfits   who thought  the club owed them something   ,   and we ARE well rid of them !  they were a source of trouble in the dressing room  , and  destroyed team spirit   .

The  sudden loss of Hucks and Drury   HAS unbalanced the team  ,  and its going to take time  for Boyle  to fit in   down the left  ,    Crofty   looks  good ,  Safri`s not limping yet ,  Gallacher [ repeat Gallacher ]   is twice the keeper that Greeno was ,    even Hughes  has improved !   

So , we lost a game  , and the performance  was a bit dire ,   I`m expecting   us to work it  out on Rotherham  !    because if there`s a repeat  of the last game  ... then I will begin to think  we`re in the sh*t !!  

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]Presumably you know all these players and have discussed it with them before subsequently betraying their confidences. Alternatively this is just a load of bovine (male) excretia.[/quote]

Nigel Worthington has fallen out with a fair few players in his time here.  Neil Doncaster admitted it in a reply to a letter last season from a concerned fan about the direction this club was going in.

[/quote]

Which players did Doncaster admit Worthy had fallen out with?

A bit early for such negativity isn''t it Hucker?

I know I''ve been away but, come on, let''s all try to be positive.

[quote user="sheded"]

Been thinking quite a bit  about your post Hucker ,I think its true that Nigel  is a bit uptight  with  a lot of the players  ...    and I don`t think its in him to do a Barry Fry  !   who , by the way , falls out with the entire team  , the tea lady and the  dog next door !!    maybe  he`d get along better  with the lads if he DID  let it all hang out ?   

The truth is more likely to be,  he just  can`t stand those players  who  he KNOWS aren`t pulling their fingers out !  most of us can guess who they might be  ?    cos when they run out on the field  .... there`s NO secrets  !   

Hunter  has to come into the calculation this season , so it cant be all Nigels fault if it goes tits up !   those two  are working together  now ....

The squad  IS    too small   ,  on the plus side  is that the likes of Etuhu,  Doc ,  Colin  etc    are getting their act together  ,  we got rid  of  some of the sulky misfits   who thought  the club owed them something   ,   and we ARE well rid of them !  they were a source of trouble in the dressing room  , and  destroyed team spirit   .

The  sudden loss of Hucks and Drury   HAS unbalanced the team  ,  and its going to take time  for Boyle  to fit in   down the left  ,    Crofty   looks  good ,  Safri`s not limping yet ,  Gallacher [ repeat Gallacher ]   is twice the keeper that Greeno was ,    even Hughes  has improved !   

So , we lost a game  , and the performance  was a bit dire ,   I`m expecting   us to work it  out on Rotherham  !    because if there`s a repeat  of the last game  ... then I will begin to think  we`re in the sh*t !!  

[/quote] Good post Sheded, I cant add much to that,well said!!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Getting off the fence" wrote: Presumably you know all these players and have discussed it with them before subsequently betraying their confidences. Alternatively this is just a load of bovine (male) excretia. Like everyone else without an inside Club contact GOTF I have to read the indicators and judge by what I see and what I see is a stable and fantastically supported Club punching below it''s weight in all departments. McKenzie was obviously throwing in a red herring with the ''want to be near my family'' thing. He wanted out and Worthington couldn''t charm him to stay, so what did he know? Don''t you ever ask yourself questions? Don''t you ever wonder? Don''t you ever think outside the box or look for answers to questions such as: why so small a squad? Why no plan B? Why no target man? Why other Clubs sign players and not us, and do so on smaller budgets? So many questions, so few answers. If supporters of Norwich had the bottle to ''do a Leeds'' and not turn up for one home game, or not renew their season tickets then something would happen pretty quick. Instead, with the sheepish fans we have this dirge will drag on and on to the detriment of the Club''s long term interests such as the end of parachute payments and the sale or loss of top players. Square one here we come.[/quote]

Basically, this is a very long winded way of saying that you made it all up!

Of course I made it up GOTF where do you thing the information came from: the Norwich City Yearbook?

But it is supposition based upon observation with explanation, what do you ever do except toe the party line and play the proverbrial straight bat.

I bet the Club hate supporters thinking for themselves when they employ media people to do the fans thinking for them.

GOTF, I thought I''d chase you down and see if the points I made on another thread seem measured to you. I can see from your responses to Rudolph on this thread that you appear to not be learning at all. Rudolph explains to you in a very civil manner why he has developed the thought process that he has ( he''s much more tolerant than I would have been with you ) and all you can muster in response is more rudeness. I told you that you are critical of other posters but will not offer your specific opinion on the actions of club management. You asked me to prove it and, if necessary, you will apologise. What is occurring on this thread and the points I made below I feel warrant an apology from you so that you can "restore your soul" and engage with your fellow posters in a more pleasant manner.

( From another thread ) GOTF, from your response to my post you appear to have difficulty absorbing the point that is being made and then providing a measured response to it. It''s not necessary to prove what is obvious to all on the basis of the content of many of your past posts. You clearly do not address direct questions or acknowledge direct answers. Examples;

• charlie''s dad ( on this thread ) asks you if you are actually criticising Worthington? You appear to dodge the question by saying that you have consistently said you "expect" Worthington will be sacked if we don''t show improvement this season or if the performance in the last outing becomes the norm. All of us may "expect" a number of occurrences on a multitude of fronts given a set of circumstances. You are not being asked what you "expect" will happen. You were being asked if you were critical of Worthington''s changes during the game? In other words do you have an opinion on what occurred. I will expand on this by asking if you have an OPINION as to what the circumstances would be such that you would favour a change in management. Not what you expect will happen, what you opine should happen. 

• city angel gave you a direct answer as to the extent of her knowledge on the signatures she acquired on the petition last season. I respect that you found the whole episode distasteful. That''s your right to have such an opinion. What is not measured is when you go on to badger her by speculating that there MAY have been ( your words ) duplicate signatures and she did nothing about it. Do you call that a "measured" response? Reasonable people that I know would not.

•  Rudolph Hucker initiated a good thread titled "Quite Simply: No One Wants To Play For Worthington". Several posters complimented him on a well-written piece. The single negative response ( from you ), however, instead of pointing out why you disagree in a "measured" way, basically was to state what was written was male excretia. Even then Rudolph did not respond to your nastiness but gave you what was truly a "measured" and polite response.

Finally, it is not for each of us to judge whether the manner in which we respond is "measured". That should be the task of others so that we don''t allow ourselves to become fat-headed. In my opinion, if you want to follow an example of someone who gives measured and polite responses on this message board there is no finer example than Zippers Left Foot.

Have I entered a strange parallel universe via a hidden wormhole?Sheded just made a post that makes sense - whats that about then?I''m going to favourite this so I can make sure I wasn''t dreaming in the morning :o)

good post rude my old mate , finger on the pulse as usual , we are never going to have any kind of a club with so called fans like pitch fork , king of latvia , etc don''t they know what damage they are doing to our once great club ? we have got to get rid of the idiot once and for all , and we must stamp on his forhead UNEMPLOYABLE as blackpool should have done after his debacle there, and debacle it was as i know at my cost .

[quote user="ray ducker"]good post rude my old mate , finger on the pulse as usual , we are never going to have any kind of a club with so called fans like pitch fork , king of latvia , etc don''t they know what damage they are doing to our once great club ? we have got to get rid of the idiot once and for all , and we must stamp on his forhead UNEMPLOYABLE as blackpool should have done after his debacle there, and debacle it was as i know at my cost .[/quote]

Presumably you want some form of WO vetting of fans to ensure that noone like them gets through? You do make your future vision for the club so attractive!

[quote user="canary cherub"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Which players did Doncaster admit Worthy had fallen out with?

[/quote]

he didnt name any particyular player but admitted Worthy had had his tiffs with players.