Sign in to follow this  
Silver Canary

Worthy Out Petition results embarresing!

The petition has damaged the Worthy Out cause and made it harder for us to get rid of Worthy!

I do''nt know how the Worthy Out campaign can be anything but embaresed by the petition last monday. It has produced a few hundred people saying that they wanted worthy out and all the KTFers will say that there is only a minority supporting the worthy out cause.

Me and some friends did are best but to vote was so much hassle that even I only managed to votes 3 times after I said that I would try and vote a lot. One of my friends claimed to have votes 4 times (Im note sure that I beleive him tho) but most of them only managed a couple.

Having the petition again against Wolves is a good idea as it gives us the chance to vote again and if we all vote again we should at least double the vote. BUT PLEASE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER - if it is the same shambles as it was on Monday, even the most loyal of us will only be able to vote a couple of times and we will end up with just a couple of thousand votes for Worthy Out. All the KTFers will say then that most people want Worthy in.

I know your intentions are good but we cannot afford to mess it up again!

WORTHY OUT

[quote user="Silver Canary"]

The petition has damaged the Worthy Out cause and made it harder for us to get rid of Worthy!

I do''nt know how the Worthy Out campaign can be anything but embaresed by the petition last monday. It has produced a few hundred people saying that they wanted worthy out and all the KTFers will say that there is only a minority supporting the worthy out cause.

Me and some friends did are best but to vote was so much hassle that even I only managed to votes 3 times after I said that I would try and vote a lot. One of my friends claimed to have votes 4 times (Im note sure that I beleive him tho) but most of them only managed a couple.

Having the petition again against Wolves is a good idea as it gives us the chance to vote again and if we all vote again we should at least double the vote. BUT PLEASE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER - if it is the same shambles as it was on Monday, even the most loyal of us will only be able to vote a couple of times and we will end up with just a couple of thousand votes for Worthy Out. All the KTFers will say then that most people want Worthy in.

WORTHY OUT

[/quote]

Thats funny I heard a lot of people voting with their voices and aplauding the QPR goal.

I don`t think we need to guess how those fans feel.

We could have gotten relegated this year and some idiot would still claim Worthy has done a great job.

Silver Canary... YOU are an embarrassment. It is people like you that undermine the legitimacy of the petition, not the organisers. If you want more signatures, perhaps you could volunteer to help collect them rather than committing fraud.

Exactly CJF - this is my point! Had they given this any thought at all? The whole thing was a shambles and it makes it look like hardly anybody wants Worthy Out when all loyal fans do!

WORTHY OUT

[/quote]

Just one question for you Silver Canary.

Have you volunteered to collect signatures at the Wolves game, as I notice you say we mustn''t mess it up!!!!!

Or are you just going to sit behind your pc, let others do the dirty work and then  moan if it doesnt come up to your expectations

WORTHY OUT

[/quote]

What on earth is this all about ?

I cant help thinking that you are on a wind-up, SC , but on the basis that this is a serious post I''ll offer a reply.

If everyone else is doing what you and your mates did and signing 3 or 4 times that means that the 500 signatures collected were actually from about 150 to 200 people.

Do you seriously think the club will take a petition seriously when the same names appear over and over again ? Or did you use some clever pseudonyms like Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck etc ?

You will certainly mess it up again and lose any credibility if the only plan you have is to collect multiple signatures from the same people.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Unfortunatly their were only 6 people collecting signatures, apparantly there were crowds 10 deep trying to sign (according to a QPR fan anyway)[/quote]

The one I saw (Outside Lower Barclay, at around 14:30) only had about six people round it. Unfortuanetly the guy with the petition seemed more interested in stating his case to everyone rather than quickly getting peoples names.

does anyone else want to explain how it really helps the cause when muppets sign 3 or 4 times....dddddeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr...were any of those signatures D Smith, A Hitler etc....the board must be laughing from here to the golf course

...and yes it was poorly organised I wondered round for 5 minutes trying to find somewhere to sign and couldnt see anyone

More damaging is the fact that you have alluded to people voting more than once (3 or 4 times per person) - this would mean that only around 100 people actually signed if everyone else followed your lead.  Your actions (and comments) have completely invalidated the petition anyway, as the club would simply point to the ''multiple voting'' as making any findings completely meaningless.

Oh, BTW, I too feel that we need a change of manager - but I refuse to call label myself as a ''WO''.

WORTHY OUT

[/quote]WOOOAH there!!Your saying that the same person is voting over and over again? What are you people crazy? Thats a failed pertition right there and then. Its as good as rigging it. Why bother with a petition if all you are going to do is get the same people to sign over and over again. To me that makes Mondays petition VOID.My points about the organisation of the worthyout.co.uk are now well and truly founded. It is a real shame but the protests have surely destroyed themselves now especially with a rigged petition!The idea of the ticket stubs and season tickets is the best - at least the stubs could be checked for dates and then disguarded if someone sneakily tried to put in a whole load of stubs from previous games. Much easier to check for authenticity.

by virtue of the fact that silver admitted that he tried to sign it as many times as possible means that everyone is just wasting their time. Your results will be deemed invalid by anyone and everyone that doesnt agree - it''s  no more valid that any of the surveys so far.

Angel, i appreciate your efforts and the efforts of others, but you have to see that any further pursuit in this direction for wolves is just a complete waste of time - the results will count for nothing

ok Silver canary.. heres what u can do.. go to www.worthyout.co.uk and offer suggestions on what they can do.. rather than call them an Embaressment.. put ur balls on the line.. show some guts there fella! of course u could just sit and whinge...

and its not a Worthy out petition.. its a sruvery to gauge the percentage of how many people want Worthy in OR out.. there is a box where u can specifiy whether u want him in or out... i saw a few "in''s" on the petition and fair play to those people... majority were out though

jas :)

SC continues on his efforts to wind us all up.

Do not trash the whole petition on the basis of a few bird brained claims of muliple counting.  

My challenge is how do ANY petition compilers autheticate it?   In this case there were multiple collection points around the ground (6?) with more hoped for the wolves match.   On a practical level how do you propose preventing any one person moving around all 6 people inventing identities for each form?   I would hope that the worthyout.co.uk collectors are checking names are not multiple added in one go by watching them sign and then doing some rudimentary checking for ''M Mouse'' names and obvious duplicates after the forms are collected.   Beyond that what else can they do to check this?   Ask for personal ID each time????  I dont think so.

EVERY petition has multiple signatures on it but  there are always idiots who feel they thats its a good thing to do - what is improtant is how these attempts are managed.

As even elections in modern open western countries can be rigged (for example postal votes in this country; election in Florida, in recent years) despite huge anti-corruption measures a small group of willing volunteers will never produce the ''perfect'' poll as ALL are flawed in one way or another.

I beleive that statistically any general survey of a population of upto 35000 is accurate to within 5% on a sample size as low as 315.  Clearly the more you sample the higher the accuracy rate is - but it does show that all the bleating about sample sizes of 10% or 2000+ (2000 gives a sample accuracy of 5% to ay population exceeding 500,000)  to be relevant is a nonsense - as someone else rightly pointed out a ''national'' survey rarely pointing out the countries preferences (55m+) rarely exceeds 2000.         

Like a petition will make a difference. I have not enjoyed this season one bit, but I fear the fans are the ones right now taking the club backwards, petitions and protests, for god''s sake get a grip, and yes I would like a change of management because to many times we have failed to turn up, but i trust the judgement of the board who without we would have never tasted prem football.

Keep up the protests and petitions you only widen the divide,

Proud to be a fan, not really right now.

I respect alot of opinions on this board, but I feel people are going way over board with the Worthy out campaign, it''s become like a political party, at the end of the day I love my club, but there is more to life than football, for some of you it is taking over your life.

Football is up and down, we had some good times now we are having some bad times, but a proper fan stays with the club through thick and thin, and I have hated this season, but whatever the outcome of the close season I will be there backing the club.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]If it is true that SC and friends have been able to multi-vote then this petition is utterly worthless.[/quote]

I think this is someone from the club who is winding people up and trying to sabatage people''s efforts.He probably wasn''t even there!!

None of us volunteers allowed anyone to sign the survey more than once.

Please ignore his posts.

Sorry angel, but that just sounds like another conspiracy theory, further undermining the credibility of your cause.......why does it need to be someone from the club?  Just another troll, our SC....!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]If it is true that SC and friends have been able to multi-vote then this petition is utterly worthless.[/quote]

I think this is someone from the club who is winding people up and trying to sabatage people''s efforts.He probably wasn''t even there!!

None of us volunteers allowed anyone to sign the survey more than once.

Please ignore his posts.

[/quote]

it would have been nice to have the opportunity to sign it once...where were you?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

SC continues on his efforts to wind us all up.

Do not trash the whole petition on the basis of a few bird brained claims of muliple counting.  

My challenge is how do ANY petition compilers autheticate it?   In this case there were multiple collection points around the ground (6?) with more hoped for the wolves match.   On a practical level how do you propose preventing any one person moving around all 6 people inventing identities for each form?   I would hope that the worthyout.co.uk collectors are checking names are not multiple added in one go by watching them sign and then doing some rudimentary checking for ''M Mouse'' names and obvious duplicates after the forms are collected.   Beyond that what else can they do to check this?   Ask for personal ID each time????  I dont think so.

EVERY petition has multiple signatures on it but  there are always idiots who feel they thats its a good thing to do - what is improtant is how these attempts are managed.

As even elections in modern open western countries can be rigged (for example postal votes in this country; election in Florida, in recent years) despite huge anti-corruption measures a small group of willing volunteers will never produce the ''perfect'' poll as ALL are flawed in one way or another.

I beleive that statistically any general survey of a population of upto 35000 is accurate to within 5% on a sample size as low as 315.  Clearly the more you sample the higher the accuracy rate is - but it does show that all the bleating about sample sizes of 10% or 2000+ (2000 gives a sample accuracy of 5% to ay population exceeding 500,000)  to be relevant is a nonsense - as someone else rightly pointed out a ''national'' survey rarely pointing out the countries preferences (55m+) rarely exceeds 2000.         

[/quote]You authenticate it by doing what all other official polls etc do - make sure that each person signs once - not hard really is it?Either that or you take the rather ingenius idea already stated and collect ticket stubs or season tickets in clearly marked buckets. If this is not possible get people to write down their seat number alongside their name when they sign the petition. That way if the same seat number comes up more than once you could void them.Its not really that hard when you think about it but a free-for-all petition will simply not do. Otherwise you may as well just put your own name down a thousand times. For crying out loud what has this come to?Ashamed damn right! People that call themselves fans that have to "rig" an "honest" petition. Great. The biggest threat to western democracy is:A: Asama bin LadenB: George BushC: The Worthy out extremists (please read as the "Real Worthy Outers").I will leave that one up to you . . . . But remember it is multiple choice - even monkeys get one in five right!

Oh dear Oh dear Silver Canary you do like a good wind up.

So if it was possible for you to sign multiple times from our 6 collectors, how come everybody else found it hard to sign?

I have vetted all the forms so far and cannot see any (obvious) wind up names on the survey. Perhaps you should help us collect before the Wolves game, then we can chuck your forms in the bin as you would have signed them all yourself.

Trent. I think I was the guy behind the survey behind the lower barclay, I was promoting it, as I had three pages of forms being signed at the same time by different people and as I can hold only one, I was just trying to get people to sign.

[quote user="www.worthyout.co.uk"]

Oh dear Oh dear Silver Canary you do like a good wind up.

So if it was possible for you to sign multiple times from our 6 collectors, how come everybody else found it hard to sign?

I have vetted all the forms so far and cannot see any (obvious) wind up names on the survey. Perhaps you should help us collect before the Wolves game, then we can chuck your forms in the bin as you would have signed them all yourself.

[/quote]

1. That is my point -  becuase it was so hard to sugn you have made us look stupid cos we have hardly got any signitures!

2. Why would I put wind up names on the survey? They would look obvious and be spotted - there is no point to that at all!!

So will you be helping us to collect signatures at the Wolves game, Silver Canary ?

Yes or No

Or maybe you''d like to take over the organising as you seem to think you can do it better !