KiwiScot

****Official Lappitup Match Thread - Leeds v Norwich****

As a NCFC supporter games of this magnitude don't come around too often.

Fingers crossed we at least start with some positive team news.

Oh, and I hope we have been practicing penalties.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Any forum members currently on the beers making their way to Leeds? 

Yep. 

Nope, but my concentration's shot already. Tricky when there's a proofread and two translations to be done for first thing tomorrow....

Would be nice to get a win here when it matters.

11 minutes ago, mccanary said:

Yep. 

Nice. Have one on my behalf. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Just now, Satriales said:

Nice. Have one on my behalf. Enjoy!

Oh,  I've probably already had one for you. For the first time in I can't remember how long, I'M NOT DRiVING.🍺🍺🍺

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

Any forum members currently on the beers making their way to Leeds? 

Ofc

I'm always surprised that the whole season comes down to hopefully the next two games.

To be fair - any season finishing top 6 must be regarded as successful - but will it be truly memorable?

OTBC

Sainz on bench?  Worried he'll do something silly and get carded?? 

I can not believe he has dropped Sainz! Fuming!  I think he’s been our best player over last couple of months.

I thought they'd leave Rowe on the bench for impact, but looks like he's gone the other way round. As Barnes and Sargent are both fit to start, you've got to start them.

What a strange decision. But he wouldn't be Wagner if there wasn't a strange decision. Sainz has a lot of energy. Where is it going to come from?

• Like 1

We had no-one up our sleeve in the first leg, so I can understand the Sainz thinking... Especially if we're going to be playing this tight and there's a chance of ET.   But more likely is that Barnes may only be good for 45 mins and this makes Sainz available as a boost and Sara to go in the middle for that change.

I think this one eye on a penalty shootout.

It's a bold line-up again assuming Sara and Rowe are in wide positions, but I worry our fullbacks are going to have to work bloody hard.

It makes me think we are planning to sit back and hope for a bit of magic up front. Rowe has more potential for the miraculous than Sainz, whereas the latter makes a more complete contribution overall. I think we'll miss his ability to hang on to the ball and get us going forward.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Makes sense to me.

Yup - did wonder if Rowe might be held back, but then if he can’t play for 90 min how do you know when to bring him on with extra time a possibility?   Sainz making way for him seems fair enough

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

McCallum will surely come on around the 60-70 minute mark. Sainz will definitely make an appearance off the bench. Fassnacht might as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yup - did wonder if Rowe might be held back, but then if he can’t play for 90 min how do you know when to bring him on with playoffs a possibility?   Sainz making way for him seems fair enough

Looked at it that way, you may be right. If Rowe is puffing and panting at sixty minutes, we can bring on someone who seems to have limitless stamina.

Only two slots for Rowe, Sainz and Sara. 

May as well let Rowe burn himself out and perhaps give us the lead. Sainz has the legs to come on at any moment and last until the final kick.

Sargent is half the player without Barnes ... he had to start if available.

Saimz has been one of the bright spots this season.  I don't know why he'd be benched 

• Like 1