Sign in to follow this  
JonnyJonnyRowe

If this group gets us promoted

Posted (edited)

Should Adam Idah be allowed to waltz back into the Premier League squad after being "desperate to leave", which led Wagner to making comments about only wanting committed players?

Farke will provide absolutely no way back for Sinisterra, Harrison, Wober, Koch and Kristensen in the summer if they seal promotion after the bailed on the club. 

Its a no for me, he should be sold or loaned out again for the season and would show weak leadership to let him eat the fruits that he didn't fancy labouring for.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 1

This group wouldn't be good enough to stay in the PL and Idah has probably found his level playing up in Scotland, not good enough for the EPL either.

Idah won't be coming back whether we are promoted or not. 

Brings absolutely nothing.

Given how expensive strikers are, and the fact we'd essentially need a brand-new defence (and DM...) if we went up, I'd be happy to have Idah back, rather than spending some of our limited cash to replace him.

Think he'd be an ok PL back-up. Got some attributes

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Given how expensive strikers are, and the fact we'd essentially need a brand-new defence (and DM...) if we went up, I'd be happy to have Idah back, rather than spending some of our limited cash to replace him.

Think he'd be an ok PL back-up. Got some attributes

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS ALERT!!!

Robert N Lim has sadly been replaced.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He was not desperate to leave he was desperate to be a starter. Bit of a difference.

Like a Prawn Cocktail?

• Haha 3

What's the point. He's not good enough for the level and he clearly doesn't wanna be back up. Cash in, let him go to Celtic permanently, find a suitable replacement. Move on. Best for both parties. 

• Like 2

He shouldn't be back in the squad coz he's miles from the required standard, so no, he's gone at the end of the season for me.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS ALERT!!!

Robert N Lim has sadly been replaced.

When you finish the forum you get upgraded to someone who can see in Idah what others are missing.

I am now an end-of-level boss, sitting under my own tree of enlightenment.

• Haha 4

If the alternative is Knapper signing SvH on a permanent then I'd have Idah back a million times over. We would have already secured playoffs had he not been loaned out in my opinion 

58 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

When you finish the forum you get upgraded to someone who can see in Idah what others are missing.

That must be a really really high level of enlightenment...😜

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If the alternative is Knapper signing SvH on a permanent then I'd have Idah back a million times over. 

But that patently isn't the alternative, because there are thousands of other strikers in world football.

I’d back the pair to get half a dozen goals all season between them. Neither is good enough to be in the squad if promoted. 

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

> Attack tree with rusty old lever

I do not understand 'with rusty old lever'

> Attack Robert with Mace of Pinkunian

Robert isn't here to hit with the Mace of Pinkunian, Tinker your helpful companion is by your side.

> Ask Tinker where Robert is

She says that Robert is sitting under his tree of enlightenment

> Go to Tree

You cannot see a Tree, there are exits to the North and East

> Go East

You walk off a cliff.  GAME OVER

• Haha 5

Can Adam Waltz?

You wouldn't want his size umpteens landing treading on your toes...

Perhaps a slow Foxtrot?

3 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

What's the point. He's not good enough for the level and he clearly doesn't wanna be back up. Cash in, let him go to Celtic permanently, find a suitable replacement. Move on. Best for both parties. 

Here, here. Imagine getting £5m for him, we’d be laughing. 

I would welcome Adam back, if we went up Knapper has a huge task, we need a new defence, a replacement for Barnes, and a CDM, plus some shrewd squad fillers.   It would fascinating to see his wish list for the promotion option, I suspect promotion would mess up his club reorganisation plans.

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

But that patently isn't the alternative, because there are thousands of other strikers in world football.

And what do they cost? We own Idah (or his contract at least). As an option he is worth way more than we could afford to spend to replace him. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

And what do they cost? We own Idah (or his contract at least). As an option he is worth way more than we could afford to spend to replace him. 

I think that upon promotion, in this hypothetical example, we should show some ambition and try and sign Maupay from bankrupt Everton, Brentford fans largely saying that they don't need him because Brentford have already signed their Toney replacement for the summer.

Ben Brereton-Diaz on loan also. 

It would be pathetically unambitious of us to give substantial minutes to Adam Idah in the top tier of English football when Celtic are only giving him 10-20 minutes a game in the SPL which is largely made up of League Two standard clubs.

Idah is not the answer to any question, unless it is a quiz question for "what player scored a hat-trick in the FA Cup as an 18 year old before only scoring 3 competitive goals in the next two years"

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I think that upon promotion, in this hypothetical example, we should show some ambition and try and sign Maupay from bankrupt Everton, Brentford fans largely saying that they don't need him because Brentford have already signed their Toney replacement for the summer.

Ben Brereton-Diaz on loan also. 

It would be pathetically unambitious of us to give substantial minutes to Adam Idah in the top tier of English football when Celtic are only giving him 10-20 minutes a game in the SPL which is largely made up of League Two standard clubs.

Idah is not the answer to any question, unless it is a quiz question for "what player scored a hat-trick in the FA Cup as an 18 year old before only scoring 3 competitive goals in the next two years"

Maupay might be a replacement for Barnes, if we need someone to wind up the opposition, not sure he brings a genuine threat - he will be very expensive.  When he was at Everton, he only scored 1 in 29 games.  Admittedly he has improved at Brentford this season, but that is in a team creating a lot of chances.  I am expecting us to have a tough time creating if we go up.  Most importantly I think we need a hard working replacement for Sargent (in case of injury - we are toothless without him even at Championship level)

Adam Idah - since his loan move we've missed his last minute winners haven't we ? 

2 hours ago, Newtopia said:

Maupay might be a replacement for Barnes, if we need someone to wind up the opposition, not sure he brings a genuine threat - he will be very expensive.  When he was at Everton, he only scored 1 in 29 games.  Admittedly he has improved at Brentford this season, but that is in a team creating a lot of chances.  I am expecting us to have a tough time creating if we go up.  Most importantly I think we need a hard working replacement for Sargent (in case of injury - we are toothless without him even at Championship level)

Maupay is essentially a 1 goal in 4 striker in the Premier League, but he is good in the press and has a good work rate, not immobile like Barnes. I think Cameron Jerome is the fairer comparison.

Didn't work out at Everton but decent at Brighton and now Brentford. His goals per 90 minutes metric is actually superior to Toney at Brentford this season.

Obviously I'd love Ellis Simms but young, English, he'll end up going for £15m plus. I wonder if Maupay would be available on a season long loan to get him off the Everton wage bill with a fee of a couple of million or something, with an obligation to buy if we stay up. That's the type of shrewd business we'll need to be doing I feel.

• Like 2

Just now, Six Pack said:

Adam Idah - since his loan move we've missed his last minute winners haven't we ? 

He scored 5 of his 6 goals away from home this season.

We've won 8 of our last 9 at home anyway haven't we?

Last four away games have been:

Preston 1-0

Leicester 1-3

Stoke 3-0

Middlesbrough 1-3

Sorry but I can't see him having made the slightest bit of difference against Leicester, or Middlesbrough were a red card wrecked the game, and we won the other two! 

2 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

He scored 5 of his 6 goals away from home this season.

We've won 8 of our last 9 at home anyway haven't we?

Last four away games have been:

Preston 1-0

Leicester 1-3

Stoke 3-0

Middlesbrough 1-3

Sorry but I can't see him having made the slightest bit of difference against Leicester, or Middlesbrough were a red card wrecked the game, and we won the other two! 

Going through the earlier fixtures I noticed he come on and scored late winners against Hull and Bristol City (1st game). Just thought if we had him available for the draws against Wednesday and Bristol City recently -  could he had made a difference ? Turning 2 points into 6 !  No one expects him to perform a miracles against the likes of Leicester but he is capable against the middle & lower ranked sides in the division.

9 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Idah is a loan player at Celtic, who didn’t negotiate a buy clause into the agreement. They will be using Idah to suit them with little or no interest in his longer-term development. He’s already shown his value as a “super sub” and this has been reinforced by his performances on loan. It’s a great platform to build on. It would be better if he was starting for Celtic but that’s the downsides with loans, they are primarily for the benefit of the club they are playing at. If he comes back, he will come back far more confident, with far more experience and ready to hit the ground running. If we go up, he will be on more money and playing in the best league in the world. He’s even already got PL experience. For the £5 million or so we’d get if we sold him, that’s a bargain. Look what we paid for Sargent two years ago.

15 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

Idah won't be coming back whether we are promoted or not. 

Brings absolutely nothing.

I wouldn't bet on that.

Idah is 10 times better than that waste of space SVH