Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Domestic Teams You Really Don’t Like

I find it varies year to year.

I used to find Villa so irritating- as a fanbase they seemed to believe they were still as big as teams like Arsenal.

Liverpool fans I've had mixed experiences with. The actual scousers have largely been OK and knowledgeable but a plastic Liverpool fan is somehow worse than a plastic Man U or Chelsea fan for some reason.

I also can't stand any lower league fanbase who wang on about how they are actually massive. Leeds are awful for this, Derby not far behind. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Sheffield United. 

And of course, Coventry City. But If we finish in 6th above them on goal difference I will consider the matter closed. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sheffield United. 

And of course, Coventry City. But If we finish in 6th above them on goal difference I will consider the matter closed. 

Shouldn’t that be Everton really? They turned up half cut and couldn’t be bothered. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Although most of the fans are ok i can’t really stand Manchester City. The money that has been spent has changed the football landscape forever and not for the better in my opinion. 

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, king canary said:

I find it varies year to year.

I used to find Villa so irritating- as a fanbase they seemed to believe they were still as big as teams like Arsenal.

Liverpool fans I've had mixed experiences with. The actual scousers have largely been OK and knowledgeable but a plastic Liverpool fan is somehow worse than a plastic Man U or Chelsea fan for some reason.

I also can't stand any lower league fanbase who wang on about how they are actually massive. Leeds are awful for this, Derby not far behind. 

Pretty much in agreement with you although I can't help but like Villa a bit this season.

Arsenal fanbase is one of the worst in the "online" world. The amount of "Sack Arteta" stuff is absolutely mental after one result, and something that encompasses their fanbase. AFTV have a lot to answer for.

I'd normally want Arsenal to win the league ahead of City and Liverpool but every time I get that thought, I see an Arsenal fan reply to an official Norwich twitter account post with "who the f*ck cares about Norwich" and I just cannot comprehend

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Scum, 

Wolves, 

Liverpool, 

Villa,

Sheffield United,

Leeds,

Everton,

Man united,

Chelsea,

Man city,

Swansea, 

Watford, 

QPR. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

Posted (edited)

I SUPPROTED NORWICH EVER SINCE I''VE MOVED HERE  AND HAVE NOT CHANGED EVEN THOGH  I'M IN SWINDON  NOW IT A LONG JOURNY GOING TO AND FROM. I'LL BE THERE  NEXT WEEK

Edited by SwindonCanary

Everton for me. Always think they are better and bigger than they are, lucky to escape relegation last season are are just as poor this. 

• Like 3

Chelsea. Every Chelsea fan I know used to support a different team and switched to them. There's just so much about them I dislike from being the start of football finances getting out of control so they could buy titles under a Russian gangster to how they are with referees. Some of their most famous players have been complete pr4ts, when the camera pans around their stadium there's just such a plastic look about the crowd, it's in a posh trendy part of London which is one thing to dislike but they also have a thug element going back decades. Can't stand the accent from the area, we never beat them, they play in blue etc I could go on. 

Brighton also have a really smug fanbase full of plastics who were nowhere to be seen when they were struggling. Bournemouth and Watford have really rubbed me the wrong way in recent years as they've both been really dirty teams whenever we've played them. West Ham annoy me using a taxpayer funded stadium and all that rubbish for years about playing 'the West Ham way' but whenever they've had a bit of success they've been more than happy to watch their team play games like they're 4 levels below the opposition including against us when one of their players would be worth our entire first 11. 

I don't hate any of these clubs except Chelsea I just don't like them much. Liverpool/Man Utd etc I don't really like either but everyone dislikes them so no point going into that. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Shouldn’t that be Everton really? They turned up half cut and couldn’t be bothered. 

On reflection, you're right. Reports suggest Everton players were drunk on the coach before the game. 

3 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Chelsea. Every Chelsea fan I know used to support a different team and switched to them. There's just so much about them I dislike from being the start of football finances getting out of control so they could buy titles under a Russian gangster to how they are with referees. Some of their most famous players have been complete pr4ts, when the camera pans around their stadium there's just such a plastic look about the crowd, it's in a posh trendy part of London which is one thing to dislike but they also have a thug element going back decades. Can't stand the accent from the area, we never beat them, they play in blue etc I could go on. 

Brighton also have a really smug fanbase full of plastics who were nowhere to be seen when they were struggling. Bournemouth and Watford have really rubbed me the wrong way in recent years as they've both been really dirty teams whenever we've played them. West Ham annoy me using a taxpayer funded stadium and all that rubbish for years about playing 'the West Ham way' but whenever they've had a bit of success they've been more than happy to watch their team play games like they're 4 levels below the opposition including against us when one of their players would be worth our entire first 11. 

I don't hate any of these clubs except Chelsea I just don't like them much. Liverpool/Man Utd etc I don't really like either but everyone dislikes them so no point going into that. 

Good call, they seldom pulled in 20,000 not so many decades ago. 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Pretty much in agreement with you although I can't help but like Villa a bit this season.

Arsenal fanbase is one of the worst in the "online" world. The amount of "Sack Arteta" stuff is absolutely mental after one result, and something that encompasses their fanbase. AFTV have a lot to answer for.

I'd normally want Arsenal to win the league ahead of City and Liverpool but every time I get that thought, I see an Arsenal fan reply to an official Norwich twitter account post with "who the f*ck cares about Norwich" and I just cannot comprehend

Yeah I'm much more OK with Villa now. It was when they came up with us and were acting like they'd be straight into the top 4. Leeds did similar.

Social media fans are often significantly worse because so many of them are international fans who've never watched anything but the Premier League. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Chelsea

I hate Chelsea (and Man City, and Saudi-Newcastle) more than I hate Ipswich. They encapsulate everything wrong with modern football. And Chelsea don't even have the redeeming feature of affable, long-suffering fans.

There, I said it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

On reflection, you're right. Reports suggest Everton players were drunk on the coach before the game. 

How Coventry had 3 matches left when everyone else was done down there is weird. That said I blame ourselves just as much for self imploding after winning the Milk Cup. 

Everton all day long since the Coventry stitch up. Not helped since by a fan with a child in his arms running down the stand to punch an opposition player in a European match.

Crowd shots of their fans shows rows of foul-mouthed and screaming face-contorted football authority hating thugs. 

• Like 2

I have an irrational hatred of Villa due to a smug fan of theirs who I used to live with around the time of us both going up together in 2018-19 and then them surviving the drop that season (due to faulty goal-line tech against Sheff Utd). He used to say patronising things like "I fear for Norwich this season" before predicting Villa would finish in Europe. He also said once, the season after they'd stayed up and we'd gone back down, that he hadn't seen the Norwich result because he "doesn't follow Championship football". None of it was blatant ribbing done with a cheeky smile, which I could have dealt with, it was all genuine, patronising comments.

It's annoying because I had no issue with Villa before, and I no longer live with that person, but I can't shake off my ill-feelings towards Villa!

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Scum

Liverpool

Scum

Liverpool

Scum

Liverpool 

Although back in the day of Toshack, Keegan,Callaghan etc I quite enjoyed watching them the self entitlement of the past 20 yrs has done it for me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How Coventry had 3 matches left when everyone else was done down there is weird. That said I blame ourselves just as much for self imploding after winning the Milk Cup. 

Our last game of the season was Chelsea away, also after the end of the "regular" season. It rained like hell and the pitch was totally unplayable. The ball was literally floating in some places 

We won 2-1 and went home happy knowing that our place in division 1 was secure as there wasn't a snowballs chance in hell of Coventry winning 3 on the spin.....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.

I just have an indifference towards 1p5hit.

*Honourable mentions for West Ham and Everton.

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow

Posted (edited)

Ipswich, Sheff Utd, Watford, Mc Dongs, Liverpool, Citeh, Wolves but right up there is West Ham for me

Wife supports them, kids support them, in-laws support them, best mate too. Can’t escape it. Also taken a few of our better players over the years to. Not as bad as Ippo but they are in contention. 

Edited by Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People

47 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Our last game of the season was Chelsea away, also after the end of the "regular" season. It rained like hell and the pitch was totally unplayable. The ball was literally floating in some places 

We won 2-1 and went home happy knowing that our place in division 1 was secure as there wasn't a snowballs chance in hell of Coventry winning 3 on the spin.....

Went up as Champions the following season quite comfortably. Charlton and Wimbledon joining us! 

Watford, sheff Utd and Fulham 

if anyone says MK dons they need their head checking, common misconception that winkleman ‘stole’ Wimbledon, they were dying anyway 

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I once had the opportunity to ask Howard Kendall (RIP) a question at the Q&A part of a dinner he was the guest speaker at. So I asked him a question about that game. He wasn't impressed.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Went up as Champions the following season quite comfortably. Charlton and Wimbledon joining us! 

Yes, every cloud, etc...

I think I went to nearly every game, home and away, that promotion season 

Everton, just a grubby despicable pointless little club. Grubby horrible fans too.

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Watford, sheff Utd and Fulham 

if anyone says MK dons they need their head checking, common misconception that winkleman ‘stole’ Wimbledon, they were dying anyway 

Wimbledon should have died then, if MK wanted a football team they should have worked for it.  I'll never acknowledge them as a real club.

• Like 4