KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Preston v Norwich****

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think we're now in the final sprint to get in the playoffs. People are criticising Wagner for not playing Hooijdonk, Hooijdonk's an unknown and we're at the business end of the season. Even if Wagner was tempted to risk it if he did try it  and it goes wrong, he'll be crucified given he has been roundly criticised for less.

i get your point hopefully his injury can be managed we need him for sure i think i read a interview that he sad sometimes days after games it is at its worse 

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm not 100% sure because I wasn't paying full attention, but I think they said on Radio Norfolk that his wife is about to give birth. They said it about someone, I think it was Fassnacht.

According to someone on here, that'll be another story Wagner has made up.

The same someone will have it on good authority that his wife's not pregnant, and in fact he hasn't even got a wife.

Bearing in mind the possibility of upcoming games I really  hope/think that Wagner would not risk playing Sarg if there was any chance that he might end up without him.

48 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Great to see that Lima is on bench together with the other young uns

Young and full of beans, just what we'll need late on.

• Like 1

Wagner pretending Sarge was injured to cover up his incompetent decisions in Sheffield. 

Abu Kamara just scored for Pompey against Bolton, by the way.

Posted (edited)

Stacey - 3 crosses in first 11 minutes, all 3 not even close to a Norwich player. It’s been like this with Stacey for at least the last few games. Do you think they coach him on crossing?

Edited by Canary Jedi

2 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Stacey - 3 crosses in first 11 minutes, all 3 not even close to a Norwich player. It’s been like this with Stacey for at least the last few games. Do you think they coach him on crossing?

Yes

• Like 1

Coventry losing, Hull winning, and Middlesborough have just taken the lead.

Always nice to see a bit of niggle now and again. McCallum went in nicely there.

Posted (edited)

Crikey, this is a quiet match thread. I know the game against these at home was not exactly one of the most exciting games we've seen in years....

Still, 0-0 at the break and competing well.

Edited by TheGunnShow

40 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Abu Kamara just scored for Pompey against Bolton, by the way.

Going to be like a new signing in the summer if he can push on. 

• Like 1

We would be more dangerous with Batth playing up front instead of Barnes

Barnes is barely worth a place on the bench.

Honestly quite an entertaining 1st half in terms of two contrasting styles of play.

Think Preston have done a good job at stifling us and are posing a real threat from set pieces, they've also came the closest to a goal with that Whatmough header, we've had a few shots but they have mostly been from outside of the box.

Bring on the 2nd half, think we're in with a chance here.

Tough game this. Preston v physical, very well organised, v dangerous with set pieces. 100% take a point, which, if the other games stay as they are, would be a decent outcome.

Posted (edited)

We seem vulnerable in defence when it comes to set pieces.

Gibson seems to be having one of his shaky games as well. I hope he improves after the interval.

We are playing into their hands if we continue to give away corners and free kicks the way we have.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Would be interested to know from the tactics bods why we're struggling so much to get the full backs forward.

Sunderland have just taken the lead against 10-men WBA. If we could sneak a win here and Sunderland stay ahead, that drags WBA into the mixer as well.