Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Our players agents are being paid some handsome money

Pretty good correlation between the sums paid and league position. 

• Like 2

We have one of the highest paid squads so not a surprise. The bad thing is all this money going out of the game. Players should pay agents not the clubs. 

• Like 3

These are transactions rather than effective date of the transfer from which they relate. So any team who has been in the EPL will have higher fees, assuming of course they are also paid in instalments like transfer fees usually are.

53 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

We have one of the highest paid squads so not a surprise. The bad thing is all this money going out of the game. Players should pay agents not the clubs. 

Definitely. The agent works for and on behalf of the player. So he pays. Why the club should foot the bill is a mystery.

Posted (edited)

For reference these are all of our transactions and agent was involved in... For some reason josh had his contract updated twice in the reporting period....

Screenshot_20240412-184725.png

Edited by cornish sam

17 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Definitely. The agent works for and on behalf of the player. So he pays. Why the club should foot the bill is a mystery.

I guess the agents attract the players to their books on a 'no win, no fee' basis. It then makes sense from the player's tax perspective for the money to go straight from club to agent rather than via the player for tax purposes?

Another example of where your money goes. over 40% of the gate money and double West Brom.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Another example of where your money goes. over 40% of the gate money and double West Brom.

I have read this comment 469 times and despite it being short I am having trouble unravelling what it actually means, I think it is the "double West Brom" that has got me stumped, is it a sexual euphemism, a darts term or an accountancy term?.........

How does one get into the agent game? Pretty much money for nothing if yourn client is half decent. 

11 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Adam Idah said his agent is worth every penny getting a 5 year deal 

And a loan to Celtic. Don't think he or is agent hasn’t made a bit of money out of that. Just wish NCFC had been stronger on this.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I have read this comment 469 times and despite it being short I am having trouble unravelling what it actually means, I think it is the "double West Brom" that has got me stumped, is it a sexual euphemism, a darts term or an accountancy term?.........

NCFC just over £4 million. WBA just over £2 million. How difficult is it?

To be fair though WBA's ratio to gate money probably not that far short of 40%.

Edited by essex canary
  • Confused 1

I wonder if they get more money for free agents? I mean four of our signings in the summer were free or was Foreshaw free too? Baath, Duffy, Barnes, Stacey, Foreshaw.

Just imagine what would happen if you look a little closer at the webbers finances…. Allegedly.

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

Glad you said ‘ your money ‘. With your free season ticket calling it ‘ our money ‘ would be taking the p*ss.

43 minutes ago, Indy said:

I wonder if they get more money for free agents? I mean four of our signings in the summer were free or was Foreshaw free too? Baath, Duffy, Barnes, Stacey, Foreshaw.

We have already established that the Club and doubtless the Football Industry doesn't know the meaning of the word 'free'.

Just now, essex canary said:

We have already established that the Club and doubtless the Football Industry doesn't know the meaning of the word 'free'.

Yes that’s pretty much a given and my understanding is that a so called free agent can demand more of a signing on fee and higher wages, as I believe it to be the agent fees are also included in negotiations and as the club has no buying fee to pay they probably demand a shed load more money these agents! I’m just assuming and asking!

38 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes that’s pretty much a given and my understanding is that a so called free agent can demand more of a signing on fee and higher wages, as I believe it to be the agent fees are also included in negotiations and as the club has no buying fee to pay they probably demand a shed load more money these agents! I’m just assuming and asking!

I suspect you're probably right.

16 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Pretty good correlation between the sums paid and league position. 

Indeed. It's often said that the factor which has the biggest impact on league position is the wage bill. Wage bill and agent fees I'd imagine are also very closely linked. 

If you don't pay the agents, you won't attract the best players. Surely the trick is working with the agents, rather than seeing them as the enemy and going against them. 

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I suspect you're probably right.

Indeed. It's often said that the factor which has the biggest impact on league position is the wage bill. Wage bill and agent fees I'd imagine are also very closely linked. 

If you don't pay the agents, you won't attract the best players. Surely the trick is working with the agents, rather than seeing them as the enemy and going against them. 

Yes which is why our opponents today will probably not catch us in the final analysis. Then again their £1 million or so spent on agents fees will be financed by their owners.