Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Everton docked another 2 points!

Great news. It's their turn to go down after so many years of just doing enough to survive.  Although the Scouse victimisation mentality will kick in if they actually do so perhaps not a good thing!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Great news. It's their turn to go down after so many years of just doing enough to survive.  Although the Scouse victimisation mentality will kick in if they actually do so perhaps not a good thing!

Doubt it. They are still clear of the relegation zone by two points with a game in hand. Luton and Forest still heavy favourites I'd say.

I imagine there will be a bunch of legal wrangling whoever does go down though.

I love the fact that going into administration is a ten point deduction whereas minor infringements are 2-6 points. Go bust it’s 10 points over spend by a bit and it somewhere between 2-6 points. The whole thing is a joke. 

I see they have still to play Forest, Luton and Sheff Utd.

So it's still very much in their own hands

Never have forgiven Everton for their performance against Coventry that season we got relegated. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Never have forgiven Everton for their performance against Coventry that season we got relegated. 

Neither have I - Amazingly Coventry beat them 4-0 

2 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Going to say it again, I really hope they go down. Been stinking out the PL for ages.

Only the last two seasons-three including this one. And I hope they stay up, it’s a local game for me if we go up 👍

"The Merseyside club could yet face a further points deduction in relation to interest costs associated with the building of the club's new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock, though that is unlikely to be resolved before the end of the season"

And yet Leicester have been found in breach, could go up the promised land but won't have any penalties enforced until next season. It really is a chaotic process.

Whether you like Everton or not you have to feel for them. 10 points deducted and into relegation zone, appeal sucessful and reduced to 6points, up the table we go, and now another 2 points deducted. Crazy!!!

I feel that taking points away, giving some back, and then taking points away again, within the same season, makes a mockery of the league.  These are points related to sporting achievements, not chess pieces.

54 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I feel that taking points away, giving some back, and then taking points away again, within the same season, makes a mockery of the league.  These are points related to sporting achievements, not chess pieces.

Don’t cheat then and spend more than you’re allowed and you won’t get punished. All things considered they’ve got off fairly lightly, seeing as the bulk of the offending was last season the penalty should have applied then and seen them relegated 

10 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

seeing as the bulk of the offending was last season the penalty should have applied then and seen them relegated 

Oh that's my point, deductions should be made either end of season or start.  Not messing about three times mid-season as it's then directly affecting the sporting integrity of the league if you're removing points and then adding points back on.

5 hours ago, The Raptor said:

If I am looking at things correctly, the last time Everton were not in the top tier of English football was the 1953-54 season. So should they go down, it will be 70yrs of top flight football as they were promoted at the end of that season.

Not only that, "just doing enough to survive"...

00-01: 16th
01-02: 15th
02-03: 7th 
03-04: 17th
04-05: 4th
05-06: 11th
06-07: 6th
07-08: 5th
08-09: 5th
09-10: 8th
10-11: 7th
11-12: 7th
12-13: 6th
13-14: 5th
14-15: 11th
15-16: 11th
16-17: 7th
17-18: 8th
18-19: 8th
19-20: 12th
20-21: 10th
21-22: 16th
22-23: 17th

Basically, pretty much a top half of the prem, regular top 8 finisher before 19-20 with the biggest drop off being the last couple of seasons. Rather than circling the plughole, they have been well above it really. Quite a down turn. If you look back over the last 70yrs the above isn't that dissimilar a cycle to be fair - won the top tier 4 times in that time too, the last being 86-87 I believe.

This represents as close as you will get to a traditionally big team, as in a regular top at finisher or challenger, being relegated for a long, long time. Villa was the last of the never to have been relegated from the premier league teams to fall out of it. And in many ways, they pale in comparison.

1 hour ago, chicken said:

If I am looking at things correctly, the last time Everton were not in the top tier of English football was the 1953-54 season. So should they go down, it will be 70yrs of top flight football as they were promoted at the end of that season.

Not only that, "just doing enough to survive"...

00-01: 16th
01-02: 15th
02-03: 7th 
03-04: 17th
04-05: 4th
05-06: 11th
06-07: 6th
07-08: 5th
08-09: 5th
09-10: 8th
10-11: 7th
11-12: 7th
12-13: 6th
13-14: 5th
14-15: 11th
15-16: 11th
16-17: 7th
17-18: 8th
18-19: 8th
19-20: 12th
20-21: 10th
21-22: 16th
22-23: 17th

Basically, pretty much a top half of the prem, regular top 8 finisher before 19-20 with the biggest drop off being the last couple of seasons. Rather than circling the plughole, they have been well above it really. Quite a down turn. If you look back over the last 70yrs the above isn't that dissimilar a cycle to be fair - won the top tier 4 times in that time too, the last being 86-87 I believe.

This represents as close as you will get to a traditionally big team, as in a regular top at finisher or challenger, being relegated for a long, long time. Villa was the last of the never to have been relegated from the premier league teams to fall out of it. And in many ways, they pale in comparison.

We’d kill for those last two season finishes. 

6 hours ago, Conrad said:

It was only 39 years ago, so still fresh in our memories.

5 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

And yet Leicester have been found in breach, could go up the promised land but won't have any penalties enforced until next season. It really is a chaotic process.

Whether you like Everton or not you have to feel for them. 10 points deducted and into relegation zone, appeal sucessful and reduced to 6points, up the table we go, and now another 2 points deducted. Crazy!!!

And to be even fairer, they wouldn’t touch Villa as they said they couldn’t as offences were in the Championship. Yet Derby the losers of that playoff final, were taken apart, facing the same charges as Villa over their ground.

7 hours ago, K Lo said:

It was only 39 years ago, so still fresh in our memories.

Never forgotten, never forgiven.

Everton are appealing and the appeal won't be sorted until after the end of the season, in addition, they might face a further points deduction in relation to interest costs for their new stadium but that won't even be looked at for months with any points deduction made next season. The whole thing is bonkers, Everton knew what they were doing but assumed they'd just get a big fine and a slap on the wrist.