Anyone ****ting their pants or just hoping Ed ‘Talentless’ Sheeran don’t sing at them marching to Carrow Road. 

Must admit, I quite like it all.  Bring it on, makes a nice change to our own moaners we have to put up with each week.

55 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Anyone ****ting their pants or just hoping Ed ‘Talentless’ Sheeran don’t sing at them marching to Carrow Road. 

Come on, Ed can be called a lot of things but "talentless" isn't one if them !!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

He certainly is...back in my day ,early/mid 80s- early 90s he wouldnt have even got anywhere near cassette 2, side 2 of a NOW album.

An indictment of where music is in this day and age that he's apparantly as 'popular' as he is.

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

He certainly is...back in my day ,early/mid 80s- early 90s he wouldnt have even got anywhere near cassette 2, side 2 of a NOW album.

An indictment of where music is in the day and age that he's apparantly as 'popular' as he is.

Don't diss cassette 2 side 2, I believe Mr McCartney ended up there on Now 2 !! 

51 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Don't diss cassette 2 side 2, I believe Mr McCartney ended up there on Now 2 !! 

Thought this was the best B-side ever.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Herman said:

ed56b58695686db2b276e9f7ace2dd41.jpg.f613b547612ddccf35d5a9f7b06fcede.jpg

I was going to go with this, but TBF I think you’ve nailed it.

IMG_6172.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

He’s fcuking awful and I’d guess most Ipswich fans would agree with that privately. 

• Like 1

Sheeran is music for people that don't care about music and just want something in the background whilst driving to work or whatever.

He's personally always made my skin crawl a bit, even before It came to my attention that he was a scummer/chelsea fan.

• Like 2

The busking binman? He is to music what Ipswich is to culture. 

Once went to the middle of rural Canada for reasons of no interest to anyone here. Suffice to say that after a 4 hrs drive through -35C and flat, lifeless countryside, the only thing I remember is the person banging on about how great Nickelback were simply because they were Canadian. Ah, also lil Bieber as well of course!! 

Exactly that same kind of nonsense from the binners with ol Ed. I'd be embarrassed to own anything he put out but if youre from Suffolk then of course he's everyone's favourite second artist 😉  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Sheeran is music for people that don't care about music and just want something in the background whilst driving to work or whatever.

He's personally always made my skin crawl a bit, even before It came to my attention that he was a scummer/chelsea fan.

McDonalds music. Rubbish quality that is massively popular and brings in the money for little effort. Non-nourishing too.

32 minutes ago, Canario said:

The busking binman? He is to music what Ipswich is to culture. 

Once went to the middle of rural Canada for reasons of no interest to anyone here. Suffice to say that after a 4 hrs drive through -35C and flat, lifeless countryside, the only thing I remember is the person banging on about how great Nickelback were simply because they were Canadian. Ah, also lil Bieber as well of course!! 

Exactly that same kind of nonsense from the binners with ol Ed. I'd be embarrassed to own anything he put out but if youre from Suffolk then of course he's everyone's favourite second artist 😉  

You mean a bit like how so many of our fans bang on about how wonderful the old cook is? 

5 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

They're plenty of artists that find a formula and milk it for all its worth, "Oasis" for instance, but I wouldn't call them talentless.

They do have quite a youthful loud following now. Amazing what some success can do, helped in part by the dross served during the Marcus Evans years, which turned away a disgruntled aging fanbase and allowed the opportunity for ‘newer’ fans on the back of some success.

We could definitely do with a similar freshen up at the Carra. Although 10 years of awful football with no success to get the attendances down to 14k really doesn’t appeal!

We put Ed Sheeran on as part of Norwich Fringe Festival back in 2009. He was a very pleasant, humble young fella, who turned up with just a guitar and a loop pedal and had the audience (of probably about 50 people!) in the palm of his hand; he's certainly not talentless, but as soon as a major label got their teeth into him he made his millions with vacuous, soulless garbage.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

They're plenty of artists that find a formula and milk it for all its worth, "Oasis" for instance, but I wouldn't call them talentless.

I would, cheap Beatle impersonators with a tuneless singer. Can’t stand the winkers. Derivative music for pissed-up idiots.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

All you need to know about modern pop music is that Brittney Spears went huge whilst Lene Marlin was practically a one-hit wonder. (And for what it's worth, even at its most atavistic, I think Marlin was the more attractive as well as the better musician/songwriter).

6 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I don't like him myself, but I hate elitism around music like this.  Liking Ed Sheeran doesn't mean you lack care for music, and to give him some credit he's one of the few top artists who is regularly holding a guitar in his hand. 

It's mainstream, sure, but he's responsible for many kids picking up a guitar today.

12 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I don't like him myself, but I hate elitism around music like this.  Liking Ed Sheeran doesn't mean you lack care for music, and to give him some credit he's one of the few top artists who is regularly holding a guitar in his hand. 

It's mainstream, sure, but he's responsible for many kids picking up a guitar today.

What are you talking about GB? Ed Sheeran sucks! 😜

I think Ed may be in attendance at Carra on Saturday to watch the game....Hopefully our club Matriarch (who's quite chummy with young Ed) can maybe persuade him to come onto the pitch at half-time and sing a few of his songs?....

Ed Sheeran UK tour 2022: How to get ...

Ed stands in the centre circle and says....."Hi everyone here at Carra I'm Ed Sheeran for those that don't know me....I'm gonna sing a couple of songs from my latest album 'I smell wee'.... Anyway I hope you like 'em....The first song's called 'I was once a small tree in a football stand gutter'....Ok, so here we go"....

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I wouldn’t criticise other people’s tastes (at least I would try not to 😉) but pointing out something is a “lowest common denominator “, I.e. simple, unchallenging and taking the easy route, is IMHO a valid criticism. That’s not the same as elitism.

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

I think Ed may be in attendance at Carra on Saturday to watch the game....Hopefully our club Matriarch (who's quite chummy with young Ed) can maybe persuade him to come onto the pitch at half-time and sing a few of his songs?....

Ed Sheeran UK tour 2022: How to get ...

Ed stands in the centre circle and says....."Hi everyone here at Carra I'm Ed Sheeran for those that don't know me....I'm gonna sing a couple of songs from my latest album 'I smell wee'.... Anyway I hope you like 'em....The first song's called 'I was once a small tree in a football stand gutter'....Ok, so here we go"....

“I smell wee” 🤣🤣🤣. One of your best Mello, I nearly did a wee myself.

The problem with Sheeran is his continued used of tape loops in his live performances. It's restricting and as TGS says leads to vacuous songwriting. He really needs to be banned from such restrictive practises and made to play with a real bunch of musicians to loosen him up.

Other than that, why a Halifax born bloke is living in Suffolk and supporting those spawny binners makes no sense unless you are wanting to make as much money as possible from your short lived career. It smacks of living as close to the smoke for commercial reasons only. If he had bought a place elsewhere in the home counties he would be doing the same for, Oxford Utd, say. This makes me question his true feeling for the binners and his wider motives.

As for Saturday, I'm just looking forward to the comedy gold their fans will bring to proceedings. "Ah noooo, not again!" 😉 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Bone - Superstar said:

The Binners also feel the need to steal the Beatles anthem Hey Jude and turn it into some sort of dirge about La,la,la Ipsh..t.

Very original if that's the best they can do!!

Pale imitation of our 1968 homage to Hugh Curran......." la, la, la, la hey Hugh "

40 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

pointing out something is a “lowest common denominator “, I.e. simple, unchallenging and taking the easy route, is IMHO a valid criticism. That’s not the same as elitism.

It's one thing to label music as simple or unchallenging and criticise it as personal opinion.  But it's a whole other thing to set a threshold and attempt to denounce others on that basis, doing so is a prime example of elitism in music.

Go to any school kids talent show and see someone performing "Sheeran music" solo with an acoustic and tell them they don't care.