TheBaldOne66

All those saying Leicester are a top team

And we shouldn’t be upset at losing to them, does the same logic apply to Saturday when the team at the top come to Carrow Road?

Will it be acceptable to lose to the Binboys as they are top? 

40 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

And we shouldn’t be upset at losing to them, does the same logic apply to Saturday when the team at the top come to Carrow Road?

Difference is that the bin boys aren't a top team. They have rode their luck all season and got results they do not deserve. They have a good manager and belief, but not so much skill and talent, Leicester are the opposite, lots of skill and talent and have not got the results that their play has always deserved...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I think you'll find people were saying Leicester were/are the best team we've played.

I think you also know that this is a very troll/bait post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Difference is that the bin boys aren't a top team. They have rode their luck all season and got results they do not deserve. They have a good manager and belief, but not so much skill and talent, Leicester are the opposite, lots of skill and talent and have not got the results that their play has always deserved...

Sadly they are a top team in this league. Its not all luck, we done similar under Farke, kept finding last minute winners, they dont know when they are beaten and as much as it hurts, you have to give them credit for a fine season IMO. Like i said, we've been there many a time. 

But it will all end in tears Saturday for them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

The table doesn’t lie though does it? 

Luck comes into it for every team not just them. 

56 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Ipswich arent as good as Leicester

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chicken said:

I think you'll find people were saying Leicester were/are the best team we've played.

I think you also know that this is a very troll/bait post.

Why is it a click bait post? It’s a simple question. 

If you don’t understand that that’s your problem. 

As for best team, I’m sure many disagree, I think Leeds are better, what you seem to forget is they were on a poor run and we went a goal up, we should have kicked on but our manager went defensive yet again! 

Sorry, but through yellow and green specs, the table does lie. The binners are spawn personified and deserve to be put in their place this coming Saturday. They are a loathsome entity that should have folded years ago but their black and white history continues to feed their tiny minds.

5 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

As for best team, I’m sure many disagree, I think Leeds are better, what you seem to forget is they were on a poor run and we went a goal up, we should have kicked on but our manager went defensive yet again! 

Ay?

The table doesn't lie! Leeds are better? Then they should be top Kojak! 

The fact that yesterday was away and Saturday is at home is a big factor. Plus Leicester's squad is by far the strongest in the division.

As for yesterday's game, yes we were poor and the approach was very disappointing but we can either keep bleating on about it or look forward positively to the weekend. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Jesus! That's some denial of what is presented before our very eyes. Ok, they are well managed and have belief, but how can they possibly lack 'skill and talent' given the season they have had?

I hate to admit that, and I have yellow and green specs on with regard to that lot but come on! Also, you surely don't ride this league the way they have for most of the season because of luck. 

Rivalry does not include ignoring the obvious.

Let's just hope we deflate their bubble somewhat this weekend. It's the best we can hope for.

(Now I'll get "binner" taunts, of course, but I'm a football fan as well as a Norwich City supporter.)

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Jesus! That's some denial of what is presented before our very eyes. Ok, they are well managed and have belief, but how can they possibly lack 'skill and talent' given the season they have had?

I hate to admit that, and I have yellow and green specs on with regard to that lot but come on! Also, you surely don't ride this league the way they have for most of the season because of luck. 

Rivalry does not include ignoring the obvious.

Let's just hope we deflate their bubble somewhat this weekend. It's the best we can hope for.

(Now I'll get "binner" taunts, of course, but I'm a football fan as well as a Norwich City supporter.)

I agree. As frustrating as it is, they're a decent team making full use of the limited talent in their possession.  Certainly look fitter and better coached than anyone else in the league. I can't see past them for promotion, but their open brand of football will lead to annihilation in the Prem given the mediocrity of most of their players. That said, we could really trip them up with 3 points on Saturday.  OTBC

53 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

But if the boot was on the other foot you would be saying what a fantastic season we are having and fully deserve to be where we are - I remember when we rode our luck scoring so many late goals under Lambert but no one was saying then that we were getting results we did’nt deserve 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I hate the little old Norwich attitude we saw from the usual suspects on here yesterday, it's actually baffling how they can't tell the difference between people being pissed at us not even competing yesterday as opposed to simply losing. Yesterday was imposter syndrome and  it's not the first time we've seen it from Wagner, its very Hughton-esque and should neve ever be accepted by fans.

Losing is one thing, but at least have the balls to have a go, it's more irritating by the fact that whenever we try this tactic we're just so bad at it, similar to England our better players are those in attacking positions, utilise them.

Leicester are a good side, but were on a woeful run of form, and were terrible at Bristol on Friday, we should have had nothing to fear but were scared ****less of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, River End Rocker said:

I agree. As frustrating as it is, they're a decent team making full use of the limited talent in their possession.  Certainly look fitter and better coached than anyone else in the league. I can't see past them for promotion, but their open brand of football will lead to annihilation in the Prem given the mediocrity of most of their players. That said, we could really trip them up with 3 points on Saturday.  OTBC

They have more off the bench options than us right now though. 

We only have Gibbs and Fassnacht as attacking options.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

I hate the little old Norwich attitude we saw from the usual suspects on here yesterday, it's actually baffling how they can't tell the difference between people being pissed at us not even competing yesterday as opposed to simply losing. Yesterday was imposter syndrome and  it's not the first time we've seen it from Wagner, its very Hughton-esque and should neve ever be accepted by fans.

Losing is one thing, but at least have the balls to have a go, it's more irritating by the fact that whenever we try this tactic we're just so bad at it, similar to England our better players are those in attacking positions, utilise them.

Leicester are a good side, but were on a woeful run of form, and were terrible at Bristol on Friday, we should have had nothing to fear but were scared ****less of them.

Very good post.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Very good post.

Cheers that's my one for the season 😆

39 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Ipswich arent as good as Leicester

That's a ridiculous claim. Leicester arguably have 'better' players but lower confidence and a greater degree of mental fragility. Unfortunately our away form and own lack of consistency was a poor match up for such a side.

Ipswich are a totally different proposition, not least because we're playing them at Carrow Road. But don't underestimate their resilience. They keep on playing and never let their heads drop. What they might lack in individual quality they make up for in determination and cohesion. 

Anything could happen on Saturday and it might well hinge on one or two moments. I know some people place a lot of weight on the bragging rights but we shouldn't underestimate our neighbours. Nor would it be a disaster to lose this one. 

12 minutes ago, Petriix said:

That's a ridiculous claim. Leicester arguably have 'better' players but lower confidence and a greater degree of mental fragility. Unfortunately our away form and own lack of consistency was a poor match up for such a side.

Ipswich are a totally different proposition, not least because we're playing them at Carrow Road. But don't underestimate their resilience. They keep on playing and never let their heads drop. What they might lack in individual quality they make up for in determination and cohesion. 

Anything could happen on Saturday and it might well hinge on one or two moments. I know some people place a lot of weight on the bragging rights but we shouldn't underestimate our neighbours. Nor would it be a disaster to lose this one. 

It wouldn't be a disaster should we lose, although it might well be for them.

The challenge will be how our fans rise above it if we do lose. Our support for Wagner is tenuous at times. He really can't afford to lose this one as I'm not sure he carries the fans.

Regardless of the result we need to leave everything on the pitch. Hopefully yesterday was about keeping a bit in reserve for this massive game.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Its not ridiculous, Leicester are better than Ipswich...

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Its not riduculous, Leicester are better than Ipswich...

The league table disagrees. 

21 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It wouldn't be a disaster should we lose, although it might well be for them.

The challenge will be how our fans rise above it if we do lose. Our support for Wagner is tenuous at times. He really can't afford to lose this one as I'm not sure he carries the fans.

Regardless of the result we need to leave everything on the pitch. Hopefully yesterday was about keeping a bit in reserve for this massive game.

If we do lose then it will be the manner of said result. If we just get edged out 3-2 in a very entertaining game and they had some luck with key incidents then vast majority of fans will just 'grin' and bear it. If we continue to gift them possession by our inability to play out from the back, offer nothing by way of attacking threat and the manager makes bizarre and (arguably) negative substitutions then he will deserve whatever flak comes his way.

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Like it or not they’ve proven to be a top team in this division this season, not sure how you can argue with that! It’s gut wrenching to admit but they do have a good well balanced squad which has been strengthened in January with quality addition and they sit up there!

IF we lose it will be interesting to watch this forum and see the various ways you all accept it. If any of you don't accept it then we'll learn something new for the future.

With most games, losing one is not so much the problem, it is more the way the team plays. Derby games are first and foremost about the result, losing  but playing well doesn't cut it at all. 

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Clickbait: Paddy(reporter)'s tweet was clickbait. If you don't read or listen to everything Wagner says it becomes out of context.

You cannot simply argue form. We beat Man City in the premier league with Tettey at CB... form wise, it was a complete flip.

If you go into any game thinking that form dictates an auto win, or even an easy ride, you'll be upset, a lot. Farke struggled against top six sides with us in this league.

First goal isn't always helpful. Especially if it's so early on, it can wake a dozing beast and gives them more time to get going. You are most vulnerable just after you have scored too.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

IF we lose it will be interesting to watch this forum and see the various ways you all accept it. If any of you don't accept it then we'll learn something new for the future.

Or not 😁

5 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Have you looked at the table?

It sucks , but you cannot deny they are a top team this season