Sign in to follow this  
Creedence Clearwater Couto

Cov lead… and other games

It’s not luck, it’s pure ability, desire and belief. The table does not lie after this amount of matches. We can beat them this Saturday but will have to play better than today. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

7 minutes injury time, They're going to score a winner in the 8th aren't they?

Well.......

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s not luck, it’s pure ability, desire and belief. The table does not lie after this amount of matches. We can beat them this Saturday but will have to play better than today. 

It’d be funny if it’s also drugs though, wouldn’t it?

It’s sickening to watch them having built a squad of players better than the sum of its parts, under a brilliant manager. Hope we can at least take 3 points off them on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Helsinki canary said:

Yep, thats it they are going up in the Automatic places

Leicester still have a game in hand on them which will take them above them.

We just need to stop them on Saturday and Leeds can take advantage

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Speed or somat else? 

The whole lot. They whizz in a cup and it melts. Tour de France style.

Well Duffy will be back and if it's not him Hanley will be wheeled out. What's not to like?

I'm still going with Leicester and Leeds.

At the moment though you'd strongly fancy whoever finishes third to win the Play Offs.

9 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

At the moment though you'd strongly fancy whoever finishes third to win the Play Offs.

You'd fancy Leeds and Leicester if they finished 3rd  , not nessessarily that lot though, their luck cant last that long and a Southampton with 11 men and WBA are better than them....and the team who fininshes 6th might get to them first!

At the risk of getting my head bitten off but I will say it anyway, Ippo are going up automatically, they have momentum and the table does not lie..

That said If we are on our "A game" I genuinely believe we can beat them on Saturday..........

14 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Agreed - any of those three are miles better than us. Only have to look at the respective points tally. All three will get well over 90 points.  

Posted (edited)

That result cements Southampton in the play-offs not autos.

I see all the crap that Wagner gets with far less to play with but Martin seems to falling short unable to close out a game.

Leeds winning...

Edited by Yellow Fever

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

That result cements Southampton in the play-offs not autos.

I see all the crap that Wagner gets with far less to play with but Martin seems to falling short unable to close out a game.

Leeds winning...

Its going to be a strange last 6 or 7 games  for Southampton now, autos gone and a playoff spot secured.

Thats a lot of games to play out to prepare for the playoffs, a chance of going into them undercooked???

It does raise a question that the binners played the loan market very well, bringing in Hutchinson, Moore and Sarimento...all of whom had a part to play today. Whereas we brought in Van Who?donk? ...who's done, well, nothing. 

• Like 3

Agent Byram steps forward. How the heck has Farke got most of a season out of him?

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Agent Byram steps forward. How the heck has Farke got most of a season out of him?

Surprised he's not pulled up injured. Always did feel like a solid player..

When he's not in a wheelchair that is

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Surprised he's not pulled up injured. Always did feel like a solid player..

When he's not in a wheelchair that is

Makes you wonder about our medical/physio/coaching team. Heck, Lungi's got another problem that smells of a hammie issue. Wouldn't mind knowing how many hamstring injuries we've got relative to other Championship teams - I accept that overuse injuries crop up a lot, but crikey, we ping a lot of hammies.

4 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

It does raise a question that the binners played the loan market very well, bringing in Hutchinson, Moore and Sarimento...all of whom had a part to play today. Whereas we brought in Van Who?donk? ...who's done, well, nothing. 

With us still in a hunt for the play-offs everybody was hoping we would strengthen the squad. Instead we loan out our 2nd best striker and bring in this character - effectively weakening our striking options.

I don't detect a huge desire to get promotion really. I can't imagine Ipswich playing like we did against Leicester, and in fact they didn't.

45 minutes ago, S_81 said:

It’s sickening to watch them having built a squad of players better than the sum of its parts, under a brilliant manager.

I expect they felt the same when we had Lambert. It all goes round and round but after nearly a quarter of a century in the wilderness they’re probably enjoying the sunny uplands just a tad more than most.

Normal service will be resumed sooner rather than later.

56 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

We now need to push for 5th place to have a fighting chance in the playoffs- no way we will beat Leicester or Leeds

There is the small problem of almost certainly having to face one of them in the Final though.