Sign in to follow this  
Creedence Clearwater Couto

Cov lead… and other games

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

There is the small problem of almost certainly having to face one of them in the Final though.

Could be WBA?

..and we've got a better chance of beating one of those two in a one off game at a neutral venue , rather than a 2 legged affair, the second gane of which at their place.

They might just freeze on the day, Middlesbrough style??

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

With us still in a hunt for the play-offs everybody was hoping we would strengthen the squad. Instead we loan out our 2nd best striker and bring in this character - effectively weakening our striking options.

I don't detect a huge desire to get promotion really. I can't imagine Ipswich playing like we did against Leicester, and in fact they didn't.

It was a decision of monumental stupidity. Even if Idah was looking for the exit door, he should have been told.................'you've got a five year contract here son that you were happy to sign so you're going nowhere in January. If you still want out in the summer then you can go. Meanwhile you score the goals to get us up' 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Based on what I've seen, from the current top 6 I'd say this is my order of preference on who to play...

West Brom

Southampton

Leicester

Ipswich

Leeds

Just now, king canary said:

Based on what I've seen, from the current top 6 I'd say this is my order of preference on who to play...

West Brom

Southampton

Leicester

Ipswich

Leeds

You'd put Leicester ahead of ipswich after what we saw us do there today??!

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You'd put Leicester ahead of ipswich after what we saw us do there today??!

Yes.

Leicester weren't very good, we were just worse. Also to add that Leicester finishing in the playoffs having blown a huge lead means they'll be coming into them in relatively poor form which makes it harder.

57 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The energy from 60 mins onward is questionable. 

It’s not exactly hard to get drugs in Ipswich if the news is to be believed.

and, I mean, look at the state of the inhabitants.

We potentially have 3 more games against Ipswich. They won't finish lower than 3rd and we won't get 5th, so it's a play-off final against either Southampton or WBA. 

If the scum get the autos, then I can't see a trip to Wembley happening as Leeds or Leicester would be too strong for us over 2 legs.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes.

Leicester weren't very good, we were just worse. Also to add that Leicester finishing in the playoffs having blown a huge lead means they'll be coming into them in relatively poor form which makes it harder.

We'd have no chance against Leicester over 2 legs.

Ipswich are an ordinary lucky side who are blagging it. Whatever they are or arent they will give you chances to score, we barely got a sniff vs Leicester over the 2 games this season.

Plus theres the small matter of that 15 yr unbeaten thing.....

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

In my opinion now the only chance we have is Ipswich in the semis and West Brom in the final. I can’t see Wagner getting anything out of Leicester, Leeds and Southampton 

12 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

In my opinion now the only chance we have is Ipswich in the semis and West Brom in the final. I can’t see Wagner getting anything out of Leicester, Leeds and Southampton 

We haven’t got the players to get past Leicester, Leeds or Southampton 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

We haven’t got the players to get past Leicester, Leeds or Southampton 

I think we have enough quality in the team but what we are lacking is heart, fight and desire to go out and do it. This teams mental strength is paper thin. My biggest concern in facing those 3 teams though is that Wagner will resort to the tactics of today and Southampton 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 1

Hull showing how to perform away from home to a top side. Amazing what a competent manager can do....

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

4 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Hull showing how to perform away from home to a top side. Amazing what a competent manager can do....

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Pity he couldn't do it against us then....

All the best 

Huge Nutty Nigel

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I think we have enough quality in the team but what we are lacking is heart, fight and desire to go out and do it. This teams mental strength is paper thin. My biggest concern in facing those 3 teams though is that Wagner will resort to the tactics of today and Southampton 

If that’s the case, why are we the third best team in the league at fighting back and winning after going behind? 

Honestly, one defeat to one of, if not the strongest team in the league and half of our support go to pieces.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

If that’s the case, why are we the third best team in the league at fighting back and winning after going behind? 

Honestly, one defeat to one of, if not the strongest team in the league and half of our support go to pieces.

Mentally weak.

Or just mental?

Take your pick.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

The difference in quality between us and those teams. There has been plenty of examples in matches this season where we are mentally fragile and fall to pieces 

Edited by Virtual reality

Thought we're gunna miss the penalty with summer ville and normal pen taker piroe squabbling, phew. 

Can't believe someone is going to end up with 90+ points and only get play offs

Feels weird wanting dirty Leeds to win, especially with our ex manager at the helm. 

There is still a scenario that sees the season end with Ipswich Still a championship club, having still not beat Norwich, and memorable highlights being the highest amount of points for a non promoted side and defeat to Maidstone.