Looking at that list They will either go up in a blaze of glory  or completely implode let’s hope it’s the latter.

Posted (edited)

On the one hand they go up and get battered 5-0 every match, lose their manager and all their best players.

On the other hand they don't go up, lose their manager and all their best players.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 2

That really is a tough set of games. Only Huddersfield looks like an 'easy' game, but even they might be tricky if they need a result to stay up on the last day. 

Such a conflict of interests. Hull and Coventry really need to still have a real shout of the playoffs at the time of their games against them. But i want us to be well clear in the top 6. Here's hoping it's WBA whose form collapses.

Binners can do us a favour by beating Hull and Coventry.

The onus and all the pressure is on Leeds and Leicester now. 

• Saturday 6 AprilKing Power Stadium, Leicester
    LeicesterLEI
    KO15:00
    BIRBirmingham

• Sky Bet Championship
    Tuesday 9 AprilThe Den, London
    MillwallMIL
    KO19:45
    LEILeicester

• Sky Bet Championship
    Friday 12 AprilHome Park, Plymouth
    PlymouthPLY
    KO20:00
    LEILeicester

• Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 20 AprilKing Power Stadium, Leicester
    LeicesterLEI
    KO12:30
    WBAWest Brom

• Sky Bet Championship
    Tuesday 23 AprilKing Power Stadium, Leicester
    LeicesterLEI
    KO20:00
    SOUSouthampton

• Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 27 AprilDeepdale, Preston
    PrestonPNE
    KO15:00
    LEILeicester

May 2024

*all times shown are your local time
  • Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 4 MayKing Power Stadium, Leicester
    LeicesterLEI
    KO12:30
    BLBBlackburn

They definitely rode their luck a bit in the second half yesterday, but at this stage it’s all about getting the results and they probably played within themselves to get the result.  

Posted (edited)

Said months ago they are definitely going up. In this league, you don't sit on only 5 defeats all season in April and not go up. 

They're up, and it's f*cked me right off. 

Only saving grace would be if we beat them next week and also go up in the playoffs. 

Edited by alex_ncfc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Said months ago they are definitely going up. In this league, you don't sit on only 5 defeats all season in April and not go up. 

They're up, and it's f*cked me right off. 

I'm inclined to agree but they've done it with one Premier League quality player and 10 very good Championship players. And most of all a good manager. 

Unfortunately for them they don't have the resources to bring in 10 hew players. It will be a bit messy. 

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm inclined to agree but they've done it with one Premier League quality player and 10 very good Championship players. And most of all a good manager. 

Unfortunately for them they don't have the resources to bring in 10 hew players. It will be a bit messy. 

How many of there players are loanees again?

Do we know they don't have the resources? Every chance that McKenna will get a couple of loans and spend his £50m a lot better than Stuart Webber did. I suspect they'll make a decent fist of it - the way they play relies very heavily on a mobile 9. Hopefully they won't come after Sargent.

As it stands all scenarios are possible:

1. They go up, we don't 

2. We go up they don't 

3. We both go up

4. Neither go up

Which will it be?

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

As it stands all scenarios are possible:

1. They go up, we don't 

2. We go up they don't 

3. We both go up

4. Neither go up

Which will it be?

I would narrow it to between 1& 3

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

They’re up. It happened yesterday. 

Let the media love in commence. I’ve missed those black and white pics of mick mills to be fair. 

I genuinely don't get why you would think this. Maybe i'm a pessimist but I still have us down as finishing 3rd or 4th. We looked jaded yesterday, were lucky to win and now face Southampton and yourselves before some other very tricky fixtures. I was very confident for the upcoming derby a couple of months back, not so much now. 

Anything could still happen, I wouldn't even write off Southampton for top two if they beat us.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

I would narrow it to between 1& 3

After all this it wouldn't surprise me if Leeds, Leicester and Southampton go up.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

After all this it wouldn't surprise me if Leeds, Leicester and Southampton go up.

The best chance the binners don’t go up hinges on us preventing them from winning next Saturday- see how their form collapsed after they failed to beat us at portaloo road - next Saturday is huge for both teams

Edited by Helsinki canary

36 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Do we know they don't have the resources? Every chance that McKenna will get a couple of loans and spend his £50m a lot better than Stuart Webber did. I suspect they'll make a decent fist of it - the way they play relies very heavily on a mobile 9. Hopefully they won't come after Sargent.

He’d never be able to set foot in Norfolk again.

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

He’d never be able to set foot in Norfolk again.

Neither would Knapper

They are tougher set of fixtures than I’d realised. I’d say somewhere between 12 and 15 points. I think Leeds will better that but Leicester need to pull their fingers out after Monday or they have fũċked it right up.

Leicester's run in looks kind if they can get it together

I fear for Foxes fans that their team has got complacent, started thinking they could put their feet up, its hard to get back on the bridle after you lose that

1 hour ago, BlueHope76 said:

I genuinely don't get why you would think this. Maybe i'm a pessimist but I still have us down as finishing 3rd or 4th. We looked jaded yesterday, were lucky to win and now face Southampton and yourselves before some other very tricky fixtures. I was very confident for the upcoming derby a couple of months back, not so much now. 

Anything could still happen, I wouldn't even write off Southampton for top two if they beat us.

What you think is of no interest . 

2 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

Because everyone expected you to bottle it by now or have an injury crisis and neither has happened. I don’t think your run in is that hard given how much you’ve walked it so far. What makes you think anything will change now?! As much as it pains me to say it, unless you implode out of thin air I think you’ll get autos. Ffs. 

Just now, Danke bitte said:

Because everyone expected you to bottle it by now or have an injury crisis and neither has happened. I don’t think your run in is that hard given how much you’ve walked it so far. What makes you think anything will change now?! As much as it pains me to say it, unless you implode out of thin air I think you’ll get autos. Ffs. 

It all depends really. Ipswich have an appalling record against the top sides but if Hull and Coventry are out of it by the time they play them those games suddenly look a bit easier. 

But bearing in mind their record against top 6 teams I very much doubt they would get through the play offs. 

2 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

I stopped thinking this yesterday. Then I saw your run-in... 

It's an intriguing aspect of the end of the season that with us playing you and Leicester next two games, we're going to have a bit of a say in the automatic promotion race. Equally, with your remaining fixtures,  you're going to have a big say in the play-off race. There could be the very weird spectacle of the two East Anglian rivals helping each other out. Except next weekend, when we are going to f***ing end you. 

• Haha 1