Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Hooijdonk starting for the under 21s

Quite a few of the first team lads.

Wagner and staff really don't like SVH fitness levels do they!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Quite a few of the first team lads.

Wagner and staff really don't like SVH fitness levels do they!

Starting to feel we should have kept Hwang.. Of course only saying this as you just know Donk will start scoring soon as I slate him!

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Starting to feel we should have kept Hwang.. Of course only saying this as you just know Donkey will start scoring soon as I slate him!

Harsh but fair on showings so far

We've done this a number of times this season - played fringe first team playes in the U21s to give them some game time/keep up their fitness levels. 

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Starting to feel we should have kept Hwang.. Of course only saying this as you just know Donk will start scoring soon as I slate him!

Still early days my friend, keep the faith 

56 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Until he got injured that was the plan.

12 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Still early days my friend, keep the faith 

Really wish I could see what he brings to the offering. Apparently one noticeable shot in 90 mins of u21 football? After some very uninspiring substitute performances? Hopefully it is just fitness...

• Like 1

How can a young man, a professional athlete, be so unfit? Not sure I'm buying that excuse tbh. 

He's been here the equivalent to a pre season now and we're no further forward. Just feels as though this one isn't going to work out. It happens and thank God we didn't spend millions on him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

How can a young man, a professional athlete, be so unfit? Not sure I'm buying that excuse tbh. 

He's been here the equivalent to a pre season now and we're no further forward. Just feels as though this one isn't going to work out. It happens and thank God we didn't spend millions on him.

The old '....ah, he needs time to settle' argument is always thrown into the equation in such instances.

Idah didn't seem to need it!

PVH has come from Italian football, so mitigating circumstances there. He's gone from dancing the waltz to the foxtrot, football wise. So not so much a case of fitness per se, as fitness needed for English football, as opposed to Italian football: and the SPL is as blood and thunder as the Championship is, hence Idah adjusting quickly.

Suspect we may see Idah leave (does anyone think he'll want to come back here?) and, ultimately, we don't take up any option to sign PVH.

Maybe we'll look to the US for another striker.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Senseless writing him off, lets not forget that Simeon Jackson was essentially a really poor player at this level, and clearly lower league standard as his career as a whole showed, who basically had a 6 week purple patch where he scored some crucial and unforgettable goals which sealed our promotion.

Going to need complete togetherness and everybody pulling in the same direction for the run in, and it starts and ends with the fans attitude towards the players. Yes, so far he looks like Dennis Srbeny with a famous surname, but he's all we've got and he's one of us until June, and it would only take a spawny goal off his backside to make him worthwhile if the goal is an incredibly important one.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 3

Cant think Wagner can be too happy at this state of affairs , he publicly warned against trimming our squad too thin ahead of the Jan transfer window, incase of injuries, which is exactly what has now happened. 

...and then furthermore a matter of weeks after hailing Idah as the best impact sub in the league, we ship him out and replace him with someone of a different profile who apparantly isnt fit

Injuries are our biggest enemy in stopping us securing a playoff spot, and our bench is paper thin.

Our prospects would certainly look a lot better if we could have our current XI with Rowe,Hernandez and Idah to come off the bench

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Cant think Wagner can be too happy at this state of affairs , he publicly warned against trimming our squad too thin ahead of the Jan transfer window, incase of injuries, which is exactly what has now happened. 

...and then furthermore a matter of weeks after hailing Idah as the best impact sub in the league, we ship him out and replace him with someone of a different profile who apparantly isnt fit

Injuries are our biggest enemy in stopping us securing a playoff spot, and our bench is paper thin.

Our prospects would certainly look a lot better if we could have our current XI with Rowe,Hernandez and Idah to come off the bench

The Idah out on loan, SVH coming in on loan is a weird one. Would love to know who made that decision...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Old Shuck said:

The old '....ah, he needs time to settle' argument is always thrown into the equation in such instances.

PVH has come from Italian football, so mitigating circumstances there. He's gone from dancing the waltz to the foxtrot, football wise. So not so much a case of fitness per se, as fitness needed for English football, as opposed to Italian football: and the SPL is as blood and thunder as the Championship is, hence Idah adjusting quickly.

Suspect we may see Idah leave (does anyone think he'll want to come back here?) and, ultimately, we don't take up any option to sign PVH.

If it was possible to turn the clock back and sign PVH on loan in his heyday, then that would have been a good signing - albeit with a bit of 'ego' thrown in. Come to think of it, and this may be unfair, but PVH may still be better than SVH. But we can still support him when he's one of us.

Edited by Scrivvy

1 hour ago, Old Shuck said:

It does feel that certain leagues are more of a gamble on whether a player can adapt to the physicalities of the league, and we never seem to have much luck with Dutch players in particular. Leroy Fer did pretty well, but RvW and DeWaard a disaster. 

But then you get absolutely beasts like Ron Vlaar and Jaap Stam coming out of Holland just to confuse people.

Meanwhile Scandinavian players always seem to take to English football like a duck to water and we've done well out of Scandinavia in the past. 

I say we recruit Steen Nedegaard as our lead Scandinavian Scout! Find the next Hjolund!

If I'm not mistaken, players out on loan can feature back at the parent club at the end of the season.  I've just had a vision of an in form Idah scoring the winner at Wembley against Southampton...

39 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

It does feel that certain leagues are more of a gamble on whether a player can adapt to the physicalities of the league, and we never seem to have much luck with Dutch players in particular. Leroy Fer did pretty well, but RvW and DeWaard a disaster. 

But then you get absolutely beasts like Ron Vlaar and Jaap Stam coming out of Holland just to confuse people.

Meanwhile Scandinavian players always seem to take to English football like a duck to water and we've done well out of Scandinavia in the past. 

I say we recruit Steen Nedegaard as our lead Scandinavian Scout! Find the next Hjolund!

I really liked Mitchell Dijks when he was here on loan.

But then there was also Fernando Derveld and Jos Hooiveld, so yeah.

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

The Idah out on loan, SVH coming in on loan is a weird one. Would love to know who made that decision...

Not all decisions are based on tactics and lineups.  Idah wanting game time and the chance to build him as a saleable asset so we can hold on to first choice players, i'm sure, is the reasoning.

I ask you, Is it a bad decision if this leads to us holding on to Sarge next season?  Whatever happens this season we need to progress the following.

14 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

But then there was also Fernando Derveld and Jos Hooiveld, so yeah.

Dijks always felt like he would have been a better centreback than fullback. Did seem rather underrated while here

2 hours ago, Old Shuck said:

Anyone ****-pooing the argument need look no further than Josh Sargent

29 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

True, forgot about him.

Jurgen Colin was a weird one, looked class and rapid going forward when we first signed him but seemed to either have that swiftly coached out of him or rapidly lost all confidence. Might be one who would have been better suited to the modern game in England than the game in England in the mid-Noughties.

1 hour ago, Matt Juler said:

If I'm not mistaken, players out on loan can feature back at the parent club at the end of the season.  I've just had a vision of an in form Idah scoring the winner at Wembley against Southampton...

Only thing is,Idah is not in form it seems. Benched at the weekend. Perhaps his honeymoon period is over.

14 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Only thing is,Idah is not in form it seems. Benched at the weekend. Perhaps his honeymoon period is over.

He's scored 5 goals and got an assists in 4 starts and 3 sub appearances in the SPL. As for who we replaced him with...

I'm hearing that the management team thinks SvH is awful and there is zero chance we'll sign him permanently. It's nothing to do with match fitness and everything to do with match crapness. Don't shoot the messenger.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2024 at 12:11, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dijks always felt like he would have been a better centreback than fullback. Did seem rather underrated while here

He wasn't mobile enough for a full back and for that reason I didn't rate him. He was too big to play that position and as you say, should have been a centre half where I think he would have been much better.

9 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I'm hearing that the management team thinks SvH is awful and there is zero chance we'll sign him permanently. It's nothing to do with match fitness and everything to do with match crapness. Don't shoot the messenger.

@Worthy Nigelton and @hogesar agreement #2 incoming

#ncfcsignsoftheapocalypse

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

@Worthy Nigelton and @hogesar agreement #2 incoming

#ncfcsignsoftheapocalypse

Kenny aside, we don't disagree that much I don't think? Just that particular disagreement is well, pretty stark to say the least. 😂

• Like 1