Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

A Day at Fan's Expense for Keir and Ed

Strange that you don’t mention anything about the rest of the article, which gives details of a larger amount of money given to a Conservative MP by a woman who has links to Putin. Now why would that be I wonder? 🤔

• Like 3

Non story. Guests there at every game who get the pre match meal etc and sit in the directors box gratis. Same applies to guests of visiting team.

• Like 2

Except that’s the cost that he could have expected to pay had he paid for his tickets.  I note that Ed Balls is next to him.  That’s our former Chairman Ed Balls.  Who probably has free access to the Director’s box as and when he wants, especially since he has an ongoing relationship with the club.  He would have been dining in the Director’s hospitality area.  Which isn’t a regular access, so they can’t sell entrance to it.

The £820 is probably the value of 4 tickets plus hospitality tickets at their highest rate, but the actual cost to the club will basically have been the cost of the wine he would have drank at lunch and the cost of the meat in his meal.  His seats could not be bought, the meal would have been cooked anyway and the veg would likely have been cooked anyway.  

In short, nice headline, no substance.  

• Like 5

A complete nothing-burger. Now what are we going to do about tax evaders?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobzilla said:

Except that’s the cost that he could have expected to pay had he paid for his tickets.  I note that Ed Balls is next to him.  That’s our former Chairman Ed Balls.  Who probably has free access to the Director’s box as and when he wants, especially since he has an ongoing relationship with the club.  He would have been dining in the Director’s hospitality area.  Which isn’t a regular access, so they can’t sell entrance to it.

Not even a shareholder of the Football Club despite there being 6,860 others.

I’ve got shares in W H Smith.  I’ll still get nicked and charged if I walk out of their shop with a magazine I haven’t paid for.  Your point?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

<yawn>

I didn't even get to respond before you made it about not getting a "lifetime" ticket again.

Balls is still a club ambassador. He would be a rubbish one if he was unable to have people on the guest list.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Strange that you don’t mention anything about the rest of the article, which gives details of a larger amount of money given to a Conservative MP by a woman who has links to Putin. Now why would that be I wonder? 🤔

I am no fan of Lewis thank you very much and would never vote Tory. It doesn't mean the other lot particularly show up better at times.

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Not even a shareholder of the Football Club despite there being 6,860 others.

There are hierarchies in all walks of life, football is no different. You have to have leaders, people beneath them and people beneath them. Get used to it, utopias don't exist.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I am no fan of Lewis thank you very much and would never vote Tory. It doesn't mean the other lot particularly show up better at times.

If you think that a free match ticket to Norwich is a big score, wait until you find out about the guy who gave £10m to the Tories, won £400m of IT contracts from a Tory government and then got caught saying that Dianne Abbott made him hate black women and that she should be shot…

Once you’ve seen that, come back and tell us how there’s no difference between the Tories and Labour again….

Or stop being a stupid ****.  Your choice.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

If you think that a free match ticket to Norwich is a big score, wait until you find out about the guy who gave £10m to the Tories, won £400m of IT contracts from a Tory government and then got caught saying that Dianne Abbott made him hate black women and that she should be shot…

Once you’ve seen that, come back and tell us how there’s no difference between the Tories and Labour again….

Or stop being a stupid ****.  Your choice.

You are right but then Labour's marketing could be a little better than here couldn't it?

So if he hadn’t been there would the fans have saved £800?

Unlike your ridiculous season ticket for life. How much does that cost us fans every year?

• Thanks 1

£800. Whoopie, what can the club buy with that? Sara's toenails??

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

£800. Whoopie, what can the club buy with that? Sara's toenails??

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So if he hadn’t been there would the fans have saved £800?

Unlike your ridiculous season ticket for life. How much does that cost us fans every year?

You make a saving with the Interest they would otherwise pay to Attanasio.

£800 is cheap for the exposure it brought the club, Local businesses got promoted, and most importantly we won.  Political biases aside, everyone's a winner, right?

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Really? How much do I save through your free tickets?

Bring back Tangie! At least he knew about spine roads…

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

But as I point out above, It’s not £800.  At most it would be about £100.  So you’re crying over £5 per year interest payments.  I’m sure we could have a Pinkun whip round to cover it…

19 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

But as I point out above, It’s not £800.  At most it would be about £100.  So you’re crying over £5 per year interest payments.  I’m sure we could have a Pinkun whip round to cover it…

Strange maths. £25,000 × 7% = £1,750.

49 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

I’ve got shares in W H Smith.  I’ll still get nicked and charged if I walk out of their shop with a magazine I haven’t paid for.  Your point?

His point is that he’s a bore with an agenda and with little else to do.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Strange reading.  Where are you getting the £25k from?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

His point is that he’s a bore with a very weak and boring agenda and with little else to do but quote Lenin.

Corrected for accuracy.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Man has £25k to play with, would like to make some money so buys shares in a small football club. 

I have some magic stones that I could sell you at a very reasonable price. Don't tell the others though! 

So multiplied up by the total minority shareholding less concessions around £250,000 a year saved at the expense of minority shareholders. With the money gained from the recent season ticket rises for the highest prices in the Championship enough to pay the salary of the ED who sits around at meetings discussing rounding of same plus £1 discounts on away coach trips. You couldn't make it up. 

If they have got some spare meals going why not provide for the food bank clients rather than Balls and Starmer. Lisa Nandy for PM.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, essex canary said:

So multiplied up by the total minority shareholding less concessions around £250,000 a year saved at the expense of minority shareholders. With the money gained from the recent season ticket rises for the highest prices in the Championship enough to pay the salary of the ED who sits around at meetings discussing rounding of same plus £1 discounts on away coach trips. You couldn't make it up. 

If they have got some spare meals going why not provide for the food bank clients rather than Balls and Starmer. Lisa Nandy for PM.

You did.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

His point is that he’s a bore with an agenda and with little else to do.

Not only a bore , but also a boor. Probably speculates on the cost of the coffin when attending a funeral.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

Phew. £56 p.a. But offset by tax saved of £17. A couple of £20's. I've lost and then won that at Cheltenham this afternoon. Hosses, hosses! Sir Alex is doing well. Come on Harry!