Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

A Day at Fan's Expense for Keir and Ed

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Phew. £56 p.a. But offset by tax saved of £17. A couple of £20's. I've lost and then won that at Cheltenham this afternoon. Hosses, hosses! Sir Alex is doing well. Come on Harry!

£56 pa? Attanasio is saving a little more than that by not buying out the minority shareholders.

Edited by essex canary

image.png.ee96984fda0f0085ac944cf30867f5fa.png

I wonder who footed the bill at The Merchants of Spice later that evening ?

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

£56 pa? Attanasio is saving a little more than that by not buying out the minority shareholders.

You really hate the fact that this is all going on without you, dont you? All those  shares, free seats, free lunches.....and youre not important enough to be consulted, let alone invited. they're ignoring you. Its funny.

9 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

Thank goodness kier isn’t a Tory or this thread wouldve exploded!

If he was, I would have felt obliged to boo, even though I normally complain about the boooers 

13 hours ago, Bobzilla said:

If you think that a free match ticket to Norwich is a big score, wait until you find out about the guy who gave £10m to the Tories, won £400m of IT contracts from a Tory government and then got caught saying that Dianne Abbott made him hate black women and that she should be shot…

Once you’ve seen that, come back and tell us how there’s no difference between the Tories and Labour again….

Or stop being a stupid ****.  Your choice.

Make that £15m, apparently. They’ve just found another £5m donation he’s given them; I wonder what he’ll get back in return for that…

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Man of the people. PM in waiting. I’m glad he came to the game and I’m glad he supported local businesses while he was in the fine city. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, essex canary said:

...plus a little Russian spice for @chicken

WIN_20240314_09_51_30_Pro.jpg

Can't you work out how to post a link to the online version. At least we could actually read the article then! 

Or just let it go. Please.

You're coming across as jealous and entitled, (again) and as an AD you appear to expect the same treatment. It's not how much its cost (more accurately "worth", as it didn't cost anything), you are upset you didn't get the invite. Just imaging sitting in the directors box next to Zoe. I can't imagine why you didnt have the invite......

No one gives a ****. Move on, nothing to see here, other than continued self obsession. 

Posted (edited)

Just out of interest, what’s an AD?  I’m guessing from his other really quite salty posts that he’s one of the guys who bought 1,000 shares who got a seat for life and is triggered that it means his life, not anyone else’s, and he has to keep his shares to keep the benefit, but not sure what an AD is in relation to that.

Edited by Bobzilla

1 hour ago, Bobzilla said:

Just out of interest, what’s an AD?  I’m guessing from his other really quite salty posts that he’s one of the guys who bought 1,000 shares who got a seat for life and is triggered that it means his life, not anyone else’s, and he has to keep his shares to keep the benefit, but not sure what an AD is in relation to that.

Attention Deficit?

1 hour ago, Bobzilla said:

It’s Associate Director, but in his case it also means Absolute something. Here’s a link to the Independent Football Ombudsman’s response to his complaint about the points that you have correctly surmised.

https://www.theifo.co.uk/associate-director-issues-at-norwich-city/

• Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

It’s Associate Director, but in his case it also means Absolute something. Here’s a link to the Independent Football Ombudsman’s response to his complaint about the points that you have correctly surmised.

Cheers for that Angryo. Just goes to prove what a lot of us suspected.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Cheers for that Angryo. Just goes to prove what a lot of us suspected.

I would be surprised if it hasn’t been linked on here before.

40 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I would be surprised if it hasn’t been linked on here before.

Quite possibly, but i havent seen it before. So thanks.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Thanks for that.  That’s an awfully long whine for someone who has £25k to throw at the club.  The ‘seat for life’ is a generous offer in itself - he mentions directors who don’t hold 1,000 shares, but doesn’t mention that their heirs won’t benefit from their association with the club, and for most directors they wouldn’t get a seat at all by their own right after they left the club - do you reckon McNally gets a seat whenever he wants it, or does he need an invite from an existing director who accompanies him?  When Zoe resigns, does Stuart Webber get free entry?

For someone who claims to love their club, that’s quite a lot of bitter in there.  

47 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

Thanks for that.  That’s an awfully long whine for someone who has £25k to throw at the club.  The ‘seat for life’ is a generous offer in itself - he mentions directors who don’t hold 1,000 shares, but doesn’t mention that their heirs won’t benefit from their association with the club, and for most directors they wouldn’t get a seat at all by their own right after they left the club - do you reckon McNally gets a seat whenever he wants it, or does he need an invite from an existing director who accompanies him?  When Zoe resigns, does Stuart Webber get free entry?

For someone who claims to love their club, that’s quite a lot of bitter in there.  

Really! Very interesting. Phillips was the only AD never to purchase it using his own money. Did very well out of the Bonds though and wasn't clear in the Annual Report about whether his investment incorporated his partners. How did he acquire his seat for the last home game?

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Really! Very interesting. Phillips was the only AD never to purchase it using his own money. Did very well out of the Bonds though and wasn't clear in the Annual Report about whether his investment incorporated his partners. How did he acquire his seat for the last home game?

You could always ask the Supporters Liaison Officer but after last night i doubt very much whether he would entertain you.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Phillips?  The guy who made the complaint?  Or was that you?

Edited by Bobzilla

6 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Thanks for sharing Mr Angry. Like others I had not bothered previously to read the findings despite it being referenced on here. What a convoluted tale.

I've had to respond to similar complaints in my past employment usually relating to access to a city's art collections, in particular items donated on loan to said collections (and always written in green ink by the same person - so much so that my colleagues stopped opening the letters when they recognised the green ink), but was never privy to something as mind-blowing as this. I appreciate the idea that we prefer to watch the match with friends or family rather than being stuck with a load of aging, loaded and opiniated people, so can see why the exchange of a corporate seat for two "normal" seats might be appealing. But having agreed this with the club, expecting things to stay exactly the same having agreed the exchange and benefitting someone else in the process, and also expecting to be treated the same as Director's who have been appointed after a public vote on the basis of equality, whoooossshhhh, woah boy! And to pursue it so vigorously; really?? 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Thanks for sharing Mr Angry. Like others I had not bothered previously to read the findings despite it being referenced on here. What a convoluted tale.

I've had to respond to similar complaints in my past employment usually relating to access to a city's art collections, in particular items donated on loan to said collections (and always written in green ink by the same person - so much so that my colleagues stopped opening the letters when they recognised the green ink), but was never privy to something as mind-blowing as this. I appreciate the idea that we prefer to watch the match with friends or family rather than being stuck with a load of aging, loaded and opiniated people, so can see why the exchange of a corporate seat for two "normal" seats might be appealing. But having agreed this with the club, expecting things to stay exactly the same having agreed the exchange and benefitting someone else in the process, and also expecting to be treated the same as Director's who have been appointed after a public vote on the basis of equality, whoooossshhhh, woah boy! And to pursue it so vigorously; really?? 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Perhaps a female half my age having recently undergone a tragic event didn't appreciate the huge offer of full price seat to sit with a bunch of aging. loaded and opiniated people whilst the only ex AD Football Club Director (the then Head of the Audit Committee) never to have purchased any shares in the Club sits in judgement? The same individual having found the same amount to invest in the Bond Scheme from which he subsequently extricated his original funds plus profits without making it clear whether thar element included his girlfriends portion, ironically with the same surname as my late friend, as recordered on the Board at Colney.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

At least the Ombudsman has given closure and all parties have moved on. 

At least even @GMF had to ask me who one of Delia's entourage was who regularly sat beside her during the Pandemic. Not sure that he ever got the answer.

7 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Wow! What an Absolute D!ck indeed! Wanted refunds on away mstches not attended as part of their free away season ticket?!! Am I reading that right?

Sounds like someone we know. 

10 minutes ago, chicken said:

Wow! What an Absolute D!ck indeed! Wanted refunds on away mstches not attended as part of their free away season ticket?!! Am I reading that right?

Sounds like someone we know. 

In a sense you didn't understand that right. What was stated was that as a Season Ticket Holder for life unlike other Annual Season Ticket holders I didn't get a refund for the match I couldn't attend  v Preston in August 2020. That was despite the fact that one non- shareholder ST holder the MP for King's Lynn James Wilde claimed to attend then declared in a House of Commons debate that his prime allegiance was to King's Lynn FC.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps a female half my age having recently undergone a tragic event didn't appreciate the huge offer of full price seat to sit with a bunch of aging. loaded and opiniated people whilst the only ex AD Football Club Director (the then Head of the Audit Committee) never to have purchased any shares in the Club sits in judgement? The same individual having found the same amount to invest in the Bond Scheme from which he subsequently extricated his original funds plus profits without making it clear whether thar element included his girlfriends portion, ironically with the same surname as my late friend, as recordered on the Board at Colney.

I’m sorry about your friend, but that sort of event doesn’t change the terms and conditions of the share subscription.  The bottom line is that whilst the title can be inherited, the other benefits cannot, and the seat for life was seemingly clearly stated as such.  I can’t see how something specifically tied to the life of an individual can be seen as extending past that person’s life.  I cannot see how that could possibly be an arguable position (and it’s my job to find a way to argue the unarguable).  

As for Stephan Phillips (I presume that is who you are referring to), I have no idea about him - the directors have never really interested me.  He’d have got access to the Director’s box anyway as a senior director at the club from 2009.  Are you suggesting that he never bought any shares in the 2002(?) offer but STILL got AD benefits at that time (i.e. before 2009 when he joined the board)?  Or are you suggesting that someone else gave him the £25k to buy the shares?  Or that he owned the shares on behalf of someone else, or that he was the beneficiary of a trust that bought the shares?  It’s really not clear what you are suggesting (past ‘It’s not fair that I and a friend signed up to something we didn’t really understand and seemingly didn’t read properly’).  Regarding the bond scheme, it still isn’t clear what you are insinuating, other than he bought £25k of NCFC bonds (and his gf bought some too) and then got paid out on them, presumably in accordance with the Ts&Cs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

In a sense you didn't understand that right. What was stated was that as a Season Ticket Holder for life unlike other Annual Season Ticket holders I didn't get a refund for the match I couldn't attend  v Preston in August 2020. That was despite the fact that one non- shareholder ST holder the MP for King's Lynn James Wilde claimed to attend then declared in a House of Commons debate that his prime allegiance was to King's Lynn FC.

Only half of this makes sense.

You got something essentially as an incentive for investing in the club in a season ticket. As you didn't actually pay for the season ticket, why do you think you qualify for a refund if you don't attend? Can you not see how much of a scam that could be? And exactly why that would be against the ethos of the club? And also how it goes against one of your other jibes of it being a "community" club?

I actually find this all really bizarre. And genuinely quick flabbergasting that anyone could think these complaints had even a gnats ar-se hair of a chance of actually coming to anything. Complete floor in logic, and, to "put it politely" some fairly disgusting behaviour/attitude to carry it on over several complaints. Not a nice person at all.

So was the complainant actually you then?

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

At least even @GMF had to ask me who one of Delia's entourage was who regularly sat beside her during the Pandemic. Not sure that he ever got the answer.

I’ve no idea why you decided to tag me into this, as the context seems completely irrelevant to previous messages on this thread.

Nevertheless, I’ve since discovered, via other sources, who the gentleman is, so that query has been answered.

22 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Man of the people. PM in waiting. I’m glad he came to the game and I’m glad he supported local businesses while he was in the fine city. 

Man of the People 

That’s funny

On 14/03/2024 at 16:20, TIL 1010 said:

Going for the Indian/Pakistan vote

Interesting to see if he got the freebies NCFC players get on a night/day out at Hairdressers/ Nightclubs/ Restaurants  

2 minutes ago, daly said:

Going for the Indian/Pakistan vote

Interesting to see if he got the freebies NCFC players get on a night/day out at Hairdressers/ Nightclubs/ Restaurants  

He had a pizza for tea tonight the b***tard; cynically going for the Italian vote…

🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha 2