I said this at one point on the matchday thread, so sorry for repeating myself.

Look at the third goal in the highlights. Not just the final shot, but the little back flick with his heel to bring the ball under control and make a tiny bit of space for himself. Very Emi-esque.

Also like Emi, he contributes all over the park and does his defensive duties.

Whatever happens, we must hang on to him as long as we can.

• Like 8

The only one that offers that bit of 'excitement' in the current team. The one who can get you on the 'edge of your seat' with anticipation of what he might do. 

Not to say that there aren't some other good players in the team, but none that seem to be 'sprinkled with magic' in the same way.

A long way before he can be put into the same category as Emi, Wes or Maddison though.

9 minutes ago, Conrad said:

The only one that offers that bit of 'excitement' in the current team. The one who can get you on the 'edge of your seat' with anticipation of what he might do. 

Assume you mean only one because Rowe is injured?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Not to say that there aren't some other good players in the team, but none that seem to be 'sprinkled with magic' in the same way.

A long way before he can be put into the same category as Emi, Wes or Maddison though.

I'd argue Sara is similar.

• Like 4

We seem to have so many players who are Premier League bound in our squad. Why oh why is it unlikely to be in the yellow of NCFC?

19 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Assume you mean only one because Rowe is injured?

No. I don't put Rowe in the same category. Yet. Sainz has the ability to be creative as well as score outstanding goals. He also has that bit of 'fire' inside that separates him out from other players.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'd argue Sara is similar.

I don't put Sara in the same category, outstanding as he is. As I have indicated in answer to a similar question on Rowe, Sainz can get me exited in anticipation whereas Rowe and Sara tend to astound me after they have done something memorable. Not quite the same thing, but equally good and for different reasons.

• Like 1

If we go up and we sell Sainz, as we did with Emi. Then the 10% will be very loud. 

• Like 1

Gotta give Webber some credit for that one - found a player with a contract that said he could leave for nowt in case of relegation, and found a talented lad in the process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

No. I don't put Rowe in the same category. Yet. Sainz has the ability to be creative as well as score outstanding goals. He also has that bit of 'fire' inside that separates him out from other players.

I broadly agree but for slightly different reasons. Rowe is very exciting and unpredictable but at the moment he doesn't contribute anywhere near as much as Sara or Sainz to the team as a whole IMO. I know his goals are his contribution, but for me his potential ceiling is not as high as the other two because when he ends up at a higher level he will need to produce more than moments of individual genius. Sainz and Sara can do that but at the same time work alongside the rest of the team for the whole ninety minutes, not just a few fantastic moments here and there.

I know many will disagree with me. It's good to support a team where we can have these arguments, though. Ideally, of course, we hang on to all three, plus Sargent and Gunn of course, but I find it really hard to see that happening. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Gotta give Webber some credit for that one - found a player with a contract that said he could leave for nowt in case of relegation, and found a talented lad in the process.

I say it through gritted teeth, but, yes, I agree.

10 minutes ago, hairpie said:

If we go up and we sell Sainz, as we did with Emi. Then the 10% will be very loud. 

Emi wanted out, we had no chance of keeping him. If Rowe’s agent is to be believed, he also wants out.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

We seem to have so many players who are Premier League bound in our squad. Why oh why is it unlikely to be in the yellow of NCFC?

As I’ve said elsewhere, if we did get promoted, we’d have Gunn, Rowe, Sainz, Sara and Sargent who apparently we will be selling to Premier League clubs. Plus several players with PL experience who, while maybe not what you would choose with a blank slate, would do a job in a team with good players around them, But we’d be rubbish and nailed on to do as badly as last time. Go figure.

Posted (edited)

"Emi wanted out, we had no chance of keeping him. If Rowe’s agent is to be believed, he also wants out."

good point,  players want to leave, that won't stop the 10% becoming loud.

Edited by hairpie

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

As I’ve said elsewhere, if we did get promoted, we’d have Gunn, Rowe, Sainz, Sara and Sargent who apparently we will be selling to Premier League clubs. Plus several players with PL experience who, while maybe not what you would choose with a blank slate, would do a job in a team with good players around them, But we’d be rubbish and nailed on to do as badly as last time. Go figure.

I have figured, actually, and the figures involved were in the club's bank account. Even if we do have another disaster in the PL at the least we will have further instalments of parachute money.

Most posters on here seem to be counting points/games remaining in the hopes of a play-off place and were invigorated by yesterday's display and result because they heightened the chances of this. Were you not?

So if you don't want promotion for the club, then what do you want? Permanent Championship residency, losing money year in year out and gradual decline?

If we can't beat the system, then play it.

Edited by BroadstairsR

41 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Embrace the Yoyo

its probably the best we can hope for.😀😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Look at the third goal in the highlights. Not just the final shot, but the little back flick with his heel to bring the ball under control and make a tiny bit of space for himself. Very Emi-esque.

Agree people talk about Sara, rowe and sarge but the real diamond is Sainz.

• Like 2

The funny thing is only a few days ago I saw several posts saying Sainz had let the club down and for him to get out of the club. 

I agree however he is the next Emi and should be cherished as it won’t be long till he moves to bigger and better things. 

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, MC_NCFC said:

The funny thing is only a few days ago I saw several posts saying Sainz had let the club down and for him to get out of the club. 

I agree however he is the next Emi and should be cherished as it won’t be long till he moves to bigger and better things. 

I'd argue we've potentially had the acid test of his mentality here. Was given a reprieve after the red card was rescinded, was basically the villain of the peace at Boro and subject to a fair bit of criticism from some of us, comes back and really stamps his authority on this game, albeit against a very limited Rotherham side.

He didn't go hiding, he came out and forced himself on the game. I think the real acid test would have been a home derby, or against any top side, but that was pleasing to see - he didn't hide.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yep, another excellent find. Have we ever had one Chief Exec or Sporting Director do the same? McNally probably very close with some excellent young signings under his reign.

Anyway, re Sainz. I said just before the injury was announced preseason that Sainz was the signing both Webber and Wagner were most excited by. They were gutted going into the Kings Lynn game that he was going to be out for a while.

Hes also one of those players who I think everyone could tell instantly had "something" but his development this season has been special.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MC_NCFC said:

Yeh well our fanbase is a bit derp this year so dont be overly shocked.
Sainz is not the first or the last player to leave us in the **** with a red card.

Hucks, Holt, Emi all guilty 

35 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Yeh well our fanbase is a bit derp this year so dont be overly shocked.
Sainz is not the first or the last player to leave us in the **** with a red card.

Hucks, Holt, Emi all guilty 

Well Emi was guilty 4 times to be fair..............................🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Yep, another excellent find. Have we ever had one Chief Exec or Sporting Director do the same? McNally probably very close with some excellent young signings under his reign.

Anyway, re Sainz. I said just before the injury was announced preseason that Sainz was the signing both Webber and Wagner were most excited by. They were gutted going into the Kings Lynn game that he was going to be out for a while.

Hes also one of those players who I think everyone could tell instantly had "something" but his development this season has been special.

This is interesting because the recruitment team most responsible for the Sainz signing had a lot of their pre-summer work ripped up come the end of the season as we'd decided to go in a different direction (experience). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

And yet you get a bunch of people moaning how we only have one or two players capable of playing premier league football in our squad. And their fear of promotion meaning we'll get thumped every week.

We have a good five or six. Rowe is a funny one for me, his goals were stealing the show earlier in the season but is he as good all round as Sainz?

I feel Stacey is quietly another, he just needed game time to get into the swing of playing week in week out again. He had little dips during the season but he's starting to shine and can really motor up and down that flank. His final ball is certainly more consistent than Aarons'.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I have figured, actually, and the figures involved were in the club's bank account. Even if we do have another disaster in the PL at the least we will have further instalments of parachute money.

Most posters on here seem to be counting points/games remaining in the hopes of a play-off place and were invigorated by yesterday's display and result because they heightened the chances of this. Were you not?

So if you don't want promotion for the club, then what do you want? Permanent Championship residency, losing money year in year out and gradual decline?

You’ve misunderstood me. I’m saying I think we could give it a go if we get promoted. A couple of decent signings and a sensible approach might be enough to keep us up for a season, and we build from there. So I thought yesterday’s game was a good step in the right direction, putting teams we “ought” to be beating (no disrespect to Rotherham intended) to the sword is something we have struggled with in recent history.

As you say, if we go up and come down again, we will be better off than if we stay in the Championship for another season.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, repman said:

This is interesting because the recruitment team most responsible for the Sainz signing had a lot of their pre-summer work ripped up come the end of the season as we'd decided to go in a different direction (experience). 

Yep, but Sainz wasn't one of the ones ripped up, so I guess he was the standout. And considering the lack of transfer fee, what a signing.

7 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

I actually think he's been better than Rowe this year after being available. Purely because Rowe is VERY good individually but I think BS is the better team contributor, and we would Absolutely miss Sainz more had he been the one to get injured when JR did. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chicken said:

And yet you get a bunch of people moaning how we only have one or two players capable of playing premier league football in our squad. And their fear of promotion meaning we'll get thumped every week.

We have a good five or six. Rowe is a funny one for me, his goals were stealing the show earlier in the season but is he as good all round as Sainz?

I feel Stacey is quietly another, he just needed game time to get into the swing of playing week in week out again. He had little dips during the season but he's starting to shine and can really motor up and down that flank. His final ball is certainly more consistent than Aarons'.

Say it quietly but is that apostrophe at the end grammatically correct? I think it might just be!

• Like 2