KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Rotherham***

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Nah, I think go for it untill the hour mark. If we make wholesale changes and end up winning 4-2 there will be an air of disappointment at full time.

This. 

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Nah, I think go for it untill the hour mark. If we make wholesale changes and end up winning 4-2 there will be an air of disappointment at full time.

It'll be worse if Sargent gets injured or Kenny gets a yellow. Quite happy to win 4-2 and keep our players fresh and suspension free for more challenging games ahead.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hmmm...........wonder if there's a bit of anger in the lads after the midweek games and a slice of "Let's bl**dy show 'em" 

..and not just Borja's red but Hull's 'handball' goal and WBA's goal-line 'clearance' to get a point.

Edited by C.I.D

Pure dominance from the start to the end of that half, really professional performance so far and we look dangerous every time we go on the attack. 

Nice tonic after that farce on Wednesday which we would've won without that bogus red card.

Just now, C.I.D said:

Hmmm...........wonder if there's a bit of anger in the lads after the midweek games and a "Let's bl**dy show 'em" 

..and not just Borja's red but Hull's 'handball' goal and WBA's goal-line 'clearance' to get a point.

I think it's that combined with the fact that Rotherham have not won a match since about 1926.

Absolutely nothing to criticize this team about.The changes have had no detrimental effect,if anything they have been quite positive.
Sainz is not only playing well but he is handling the attempts to rile him up very well

• Like 1

I was going to say prior to Joshs goal that we had scored 3 goals in a first half all scored by players that are not strikers..

When has that last happened for us? Now there's a pub quiz question!

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Fast, aggressive start to the second half. Get a couple more, get the valuable players off.

For protection, I'd replace the Sarg now. He's still not quite the all action man he was before his lay-off, imo, despite being on an excellent goal scoring run. I'm akin to Goreham in getting nervous whenever he goes down.  

It would also give Syd a decent run-out at last and enable us to assess him better.

I wouldn't know what the goal difference is like though. That may be crucial ... but Syd might get a couple.

• Like 2

McLean and Sargent off at Half time would be my next move

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I think it's that combined with the fact that Rotherham have not won a match since about 1926.

1926? You're getting confused with ITFC's last trophy win there surely?

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr Apples said:

All we are saying, is give Syd a half. 😅

Apples

I had no idea Yoko supported NCFC.

Our goal difference is worse than West Brom's and Coventry's. Unchanged for the first 15 and try and get a couple more before subs. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It'll be worse if Sargent gets injured or Kenny gets a yellow. Quite happy to win 4-2 and keep our players fresh and suspension free for more challenging games ahead.

It’s a fair view. I just think a 0-2 second half or similar would sour the win. Of course we could go on an play just as well with subs… but we do lack quality in depth. 

I think we can risk another 20 mins. GD very important too.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Picked a great game to miss by the sounds of things. Well in, Cardiff 😉