daz

Howson speaks out 😡

I think there’s a lot of over reaction here. Last night doesn’t tarnish Howson’s Norwich career, it’s pushing the boundaries of gamesmanship sure.. but any footballer given the opportunity in that circumstance more than likely does the same. 

Only Sainz knows.. but I’m convinced the initial thought and intent to do something to Howson was there, as evident by him extending his leg. The fact nothing really happened should see the red card overturned, but there was flash of red mist from Sainz and he’ll continue to get sent off if he doesn’t curb it.

Focusing on Howson is pointless. 

• Like 1

Howson is a lying little xxxx. ‘I don’t make the rules’ says mr integrity! Is it in the rules to simulate injury to get a fellow professional sent off? 

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Still a stupid challenge - if Sainz didn’t do his bit, there’d be no reaction for him to make and we’d be sat here talking about a win.   It’s all down to Sainz for me, I’m afraid. Howson is pretty much just confirming he’s a professional footballer. 

Huh?? Borja got fouled,  how is getting studded a "stupid challenge", I'm just not getting the few anti Borja comments I've seen here at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's the rules. He's a professional player playing for the opposing team. He'd be letting his team down if he didn't make sure the ref was aware. Sure, it's gamesmanship, but gamesmanship is part of football and has been for as long as i can remember.

I'm afraid the failure was Sainz kicking out pointlessly and giving the opportunity to send him off.

Aware of what exactly?? That's he's a cheating ****?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think there’s a lot of over reaction here. Last night doesn’t tarnish Howson’s Norwich career

I'm sorry but yes it does

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's the rules. He's a professional player playing for the opposing team. He'd be letting his team down if he didn't make sure the ref was aware. Sure, it's gamesmanship, but gamesmanship is part of football and has been for as long as i can remember.

I'm afraid the failure was Sainz kicking out pointlessly and giving the opportunity to send him off.

If you can see him kicking out you’ve got better eyesight than me! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Huh?? Borja got fouled,  how is getting studded a "stupid challenge", I'm just not getting the few anti Borja comments I've seen here at all.

I agree Ken, it was a nothing challenge from Borja. The only caveat I would add is that he gave the useless referee something to make a poor decision on. I'm intrigued to know what VAR would have made of it.

I note that Hucks has said it was stupid from Sainz, and Hucks knows way more about football than I do, but I still just don't think that was anywhere close to a red. The fact that the majority of Boro fans think that as well is kind of telling, they feel like they were given a massive lifeline which enabled them to go on and win the game.

18 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Er, you do realise he got sent off, don’t you?  

Reality check here . Sainz gave the ref no option kicking back directly in front of jim . Absolutely stupid and cost us the game.  He doesn't seem to learn . No point saying he needs this needle as it is part of his game . Is zero use when you are not in the pitch .

As for slating Howson for his reaction of course nobody in yellow would ever do that ... Come on Aaron's did this every other game . There are others in yellow without naming names who would have reacted in exactly the same way .

Hope Sainz has learnt his lesson . Any anger should be directed at his petulance and not others . He forced Madeley to make a decision . If the card is contested I can see the ban extending to 5 games rather than 4 .

Time to just eat last night's result

Am sure we will be in the play off places after this weekends results .

10 minutes ago, Branston said:

Reality check here . Sainz gave the ref no option kicking back directly in front of jim . Absolutely stupid and cost us the game.  He doesn't seem to learn . No point saying he needs this needle as it is part of his game . Is zero use when you are not in the pitch .

As for slating Howson for his reaction of course nobody in yellow would ever do that ... Come on Aaron's did this every other game . There are others in yellow without naming names who would have reacted in exactly the same way .

Hope Sainz has learnt his lesson . Any anger should be directed at his petulance and not others . He forced Madeley to make a decision . If the card is contested I can see the ban extending to 5 games rather than 4 .

All good apart from the fact he didn’t actually kick him, let alone kick him with the force required for it to be violent conduct.

The ref had plenty of options. a free kick and a ticking off, yellow card, yellow card to both, red card for Howson.

Have you watched the replay? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Er, you do realise he got sent off, don’t you?  

Er you do realise it was an utter **** decision hence why we've appealed don't you?

It beggars belief the only people I can find criticising Borja is people on here, even the Ipswich fans I work with think it's a shocker.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Branston said:

*shakes head in utter disbelief * 🙈

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Only Sainz knows.. but I’m convinced the initial thought and intent to do something to Howson was there, as evident by him extending his leg.

I don't think he was looking to hurt or stick something on him, but rather hoping to tap Howson to try and get him to react and get a card himself.

Sainz is pretty hot headed and if there was intent there it would've been quite evident I feel.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Your memory is playing tricks on you. Johnson never fell over. (even though that idiot Warnock claimed that he did). Johnson took a step back and sort of held out his arms as if to say "look what he just did". A bit similar to Howson looking at his thigh after last night's incident. 

I think the Bradley Johnson analogy is a fair one …

We’re just gonna have to suck this one up…

1 minute ago, Deptford Yellow said:

I think the Bradley Johnson analogy is a fair one …

We’re just gonna have to suck this one up…

No we aren’t . We got conned. Howson mentions “contact” which has nothing to do with violent  conduct. 

Johnson got nutted by Barton. Completely different . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

*shakes head in utter disbelief * 🙈

Absolutely zero evidence he kicked out yet our "fans" still saying he has to learn? Learn what? The ability to be tackled from behind & thank the player? Howson conned the ref. 

• Like 4

Until the authorities do something about blatant cheating and the conning of a ref nothing will get done. Retrospective punishment will happen. Look at rugby. Sin bin upgraded to red or not. If there is a case for the ten minute sin bin last night was it. To cool things down both could have been taken out of the equation for 10 minutes and return without ruining the spectacle 

Posted (edited)

Howson's pathetic act was almost on par with referee Paul Alcock after Di Canio's 'push'

...and yes, Howson's reputation here is now tarnished

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

5 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Your memory is playing tricks on you. Johnson never fell over. (even though that idiot Warnock claimed that he did). Johnson took a step back and sort of held out his arms as if to say "look what he just did". A bit similar to Howson looking at his thigh after last night's incident. 

Yeah I'd accept he didn't actually fall over but it was certainly a dramatic reaction and it clearly brought the refs attention to it, but then it was Joey Barton we're talking about.

I think Sainz has done an overdramatic spin (footballers often do this) and Howson hasn't moved on by the time Borjas feet brush his thigh. It's probably one of the weakest calls for a foul I've ever seen given.

In real time I also didn't think Howsons challenge was anything to write home about, but if you can make the point that slow-mo does Sainz no favours, Howson should get a retrospective red also.

We've been conned and getting it overturned won't reset the clock to 30 mins and cruising. That's the real damage.

I'm certainly not one blaming Borja. Plenty of players did much worse last night.

30 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think that’s an extremely petulant attitude to take. 

I think that I don't care one jot 🤪

There are a few posters on this thread barely concealing their true colours. Anyone thinking Sainz was in the wrong is a Binner - end of. 
The “rules” (they are laws by the way) have been stated plenty of times today by other threads. For a red card for violent conduct it has to involve 

Excessive force

be reckless 

endanger an opponent . 

for a the record “contact” is irrelevant as this is only mentioned for purposes of giving free kicks or penalties. 

Any sensible person with a modicum of a brain knows none of those was present . 

“he gave the ref no choice” can be translated as

”I haven’t got a clue about the law (12)”

and/or 

“I am a Binner”

nothing more to add. Another evening to avoid Anglia or Look East. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Sainz is available for the Ipswich game then you can expect another red card incoming. They'll be winding him up big time as will their fans.

Precisely this! Emotionally, Sainz is the weakest link in the Norwich team. Ipswich & the rest of the Championship teams  will targeting him even more now. As would we, if he was playing against us!

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Precisely this! Emotionally, Sainz is the weakest link in the Norwich team. Ipswich & the rest of the Championship teams  will targeting him even more now. As would we, if he was playing against us!

Very much like Emi.  Similarly, he has the ability to shove it back in their faces, then who's laughing?

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

He didn't kick out FF%  simple as that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ya reckon? :classic_wink:

Sh*thousery is part and parcel of the game. Everyone does it. We loved Grant Holt for it, because he was one of us. Football is all about marginal gains and dark arts, whether you like them or not. I genuinely bear Howson no ill will for this.

Well i do bear him plenty of ill he is a Tw%t and i hope he gets plenty of sh%T  coming his way at carrow road next year if the pri&ck is still playing

6 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think there’s a lot of over reaction here. Last night doesn’t tarnish Howson’s Norwich career,

It absolutely does and i will be very happy letting him know what i think of him if he ever appears at carrow road again   

12 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Is it me being biased or is there an implicit admittance there that he got him sent off?

Admitting there was minimal contact and then saying:

”some of them have told me they would have done the same…..”

Should help with our appeal at least.