duke63

Bournemouth - very impressive

That should be our template to follow. 
Good football, solid and giving Citeh a real game. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Really? Do we have to downsize Carrow Road to a 13,000 capacity stadium? Tell you what - you tell the 7,000 season ticket holders who are going to lose their seats. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Did we give Man City a real good game when we beat them 3-2? 

• Like 2

Thought they had won, they lost lol, had you posted this thread last week would have made sense.

The end of last year the majority wanted to be Burnley

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Thought they had won, they lost lol, had you posted this thread last week would have made sense.

The end of last year the majority wanted to be Burnley

I seem to remember people wanting us to be Charlton, Bolton, Portsmouth, Stoke, Swansea etc at some point or other

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

I seem to remember people wanting us to be Charlton, Bolton, Portsmouth, Stoke, Swansea etc at some point or other

I just wish that we were the Norwich of a couple of years or so ago. 

3 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I just wish that we were the Norwich of a couple of years or so ago. 

We are. We still play at Carrow Road, in a yellow kit. Still drink in the same pubs on match day, sing the same songs and still get happy with a win and pi**ed off when we lose.

We had a couple of decent seasons at this level, and two of the most diabolical ones I’ve seen in the top flight.

We’re one win away from the playoffs with the bulk of our first team fit for the first time all year. If you can’t enjoy that I question why you watch football in the first place 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

They told us to drink milk or we'd be worse than Accrington Stanley. Yet one of them drunk milk and is in prison 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Really? Do we have to downsize Carrow Road to a 13,000 capacity stadium? Tell you what - you tell the 7,000 season ticket holders who are going to lose their seats. 

Call me crazy but I don't think the OP was talking about Bournemouth's stadium, for crying out loud. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Call me crazy but I don't think the OP was talking about Bournemouth's stadium, for crying out loud. 

You're crazy................................

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just need to get a billionaire owner like Bournmouth have first..

Not the way it works anymore with FFP now showing some teeth. 

13 minutes ago, duke63 said:

If that's true then it's even more important to have a bigger ground to bring in more revenue. Probably best that we don't try and follow the Bournemouth template.

10 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

We are. We still play at Carrow Road, in a yellow kit. Still drink in the same pubs on match day, sing the same songs and still get happy with a win and pi**ed off when we lose.

We had a couple of decent seasons at this level, and two of the most diabolical ones I’ve seen in the top flight.

We’re one win away from the playoffs with the bulk of our first team fit for the first time all year. If you can’t enjoy that I question why you watch football in the first place 

I go along so I can Boo.😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

I go along so I can Boo.😉

You were always quite cheerful sat in the Snake Pit until your missus left you 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, duke63 said:

Yep, didn't Bournemouth just get fines for cheating their way to the prem. 

7 hours ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

then what happened

We got to the quarterfinals of the fa cup. And then the world fell apart and changed everything. I blame Johnson for locking down. 

8 hours ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

then what happened

The whole ground celebrated wildly - Christoph Zimmerman came hurtling past me down the South Stand steps on his crutches and vaulted over the hoardings onto the pitch - Guardiola was very dignified in his congratulations to the Norwich players and management - Farke and the team did the whole ole celebration thing with gusto and people on social media all around the world wondered how our squad assembled at a cost of £15 million or something could beat Man City's £700 MILLION squad. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

The whole ground celebrated wildly - Christoph Zimmerman came hurtling past me down the South Stand steps on his crutches and vaulted over the hoardings onto the pitch - Guardiola was very dignified in his congratulations to the Norwich players and management - Farke and the team did the whole ole celebration thing with gusto and people on social media all around the world wondered how our squad assembled at a cost of £15 million or something could beat Man City's £700 MILLION squad. 

Those were the days . 

10 hours ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

then what happened

We got relegated... and embarrasingly so.

5 hours ago, duke63 said:

We got relegated... and embarrasingly so.

There is no embarrassment in losing at sport. Embarrassment stems from reading too much social media - the frenzied hordes, demanding that every promoted club must spend unsustainably to compete with their beloved hollow-pool/citeh/utd, who they’ve probably never watched play live. 
A good example is Sheffield United - darlings of the EPL the last time they were promoted - now being derided as failures because they’ve had to sell their better players and haven’t spent ‘big’. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, duke63 said:

Gary O’Neil’s severance pay looks about as clever as Daniel Farke’s.

On 25/02/2024 at 11:49, Thirsty Lizard said:

You're crazy................................

Nope..... Crazy supports Ipswich.....

Tiny little Bournemouth, the pensioner's paradise and a club who were truly our feeder club for a significant period in our history, represent the epitome of the influence of money in the game nowadays. NCFC kept them afloat, they returned that by providing us with some of the best performers in our history.

Even more so than Man. City and Chelski, imo, who are at least big clubs in big cities with big followings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Tiny little Bournemouth, the pensioner's paradise and a club who were truly our feeder club for a significant period in our history, represent the epitome of the influence of money in the game nowadays. NCFC kept them afloat, they returned that by providing us with some of the best performers in our history.

Even more so than Man. City and Chelski, imo, who are at least big clubs in big cities with big followings.

Memorably described in a Guardian BTL comment as a 'club with six fans, one of whom is a billionaire'. You're right, in their own way they're as good a symbol of football's current state as the petrostate/war-criminal clubs.

On 24/02/2024 at 19:30, Thirsty Lizard said:

Did we give Man City a real good game when we beat them 3-2? 

Funny story. I saw the last 20 minutes of that game with my son at the Sky stall at the Trafford Centre in Manchester. Sat next to us was a young city fan who was wearing a nice crisp light blue top that he'd got for his birthday a couple of days previously. I felt really bad for him.

But not that bad...

Edited by Bobzilla
  • Like 1

On 25/02/2024 at 03:21, duke63 said:

I remember Charlton being our templare. What happened to them?

39 minutes ago, LaUnionCanary said:

I remember Charlton being our templare. What happened to them?

Now they aspire to be us.