cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Rovers V Canaries*

Big day today. We want to finish in the playoffs away form has to improve. Absolutely no reason this team, assuming Sargents fit, can’t take the points against Blackburn. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Big day today. We want to finish in the playoffs away form has to improve. Absolutely no reason this team, assuming Sargents fit, can’t take the points against Blackburn. 

Hard to argue with the view of the opposition (apart from Southampton away which was refereeing). We need to start treating away games no differently to home games. 

Screenshot_20240224_105523_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b924cd4c73b253cad02539ec6099151b.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Big Sam not in starting line-up then? 😆

Twas the team when we lost 3-1 to them at home.

Personally I'd always start with McCallum at left back away from home. Much though I love Dimi going forward he has a nasty habit of going missing defensively in away games. 

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Personally I'd always start with McCallum at left back away from home. Much though I love Dimi going forward he has a nasty habit of going missing defensively in away games. 

You think he would have figured that given it's below the words "last time out" and that the team contains Long and Hwang 😂

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I know that the team line up there was the home match one. My obtuse point is just usually when a player is used as the player pictured in the introduction to a match thread they invariably don't actually start! 

But yes, I'd stick with Sam, long term he must be a better player to invest time in than Dimi.

Edited by shefcanary

43 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Hard to argue with the view of the opposition (apart from Southampton away which was refereeing). We need to start treating away games no differently to home games. 

Screenshot_20240224_105523_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b924cd4c73b253cad02539ec6099151b.jpg

Yep to be fair that post is generally spot on. We need to change the narrative around our away performances.

Perfect opportunity coming off two home wins with 4 goals scored in each.

• Like 1

If all the players are fit then Wagner shouldn't change the team apart from starting McCallum who continues to improve, Blackburn have lost half their home games so City have nothing to fear, keep Szmodics quiet and it could be a good afternoon. 

Edited by DraytonBoy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Yep to be fair that post is generally spot on. We need to change the narrative around our away performances.

Perfect opportunity coming off two home wins with 4 goals scored in each.

Our away form is one of the worst in the divison. You would hope with how well we have done in our last few that the team and players are full of confidence and that a good win away from home may help turn the tide

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

I know that the team line up there was the home match one. My obtuse point is just usually when a player is used as the player pictured in the introduction to a match thread they invariably don't actually start! 

But yes, I'd stick with Sam, long term he must be a better player to invest time in than Dimi.

Yes, fair enough. From my angle I find it acutely difficult to grasp obtuse points. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Bit baffled by our away form, to be honest. We've scored a lot of really good goals this season going from back-to-front very quickly. You'd think we should be a good counter-attacking away team, and that it might actually be at home, with more teams setting up to be hard-to-beat against us, that we might struggle to break teams down. Can anyone explain it? Is it a mentality thing?

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yes, fair enough. From my angle I find it acutely difficult to grasp obtuse points. 

Now that's just a reflex response

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Very pointed reply. Sharp work.

• Like 1

Any mid table sides we play from here on, Cardiff last week, Blackburn today, we have to surely be wanting it more and have to go for the win.

I still dont trust us away from home. Negative substitutions such as that at QPR a fortnight ago wont cut it now, we must go for wins

• Like 1

The tinkerman has done it again.. Why does it feel like he changes our back four every match? Clearly never heard anyone talk about not changing a winning team..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 2

Decent but disappointed mccallum isn’t playing. I really rate him and would rather he stayed than Dimi.

Doesn’t appear Wagner agrees though

We'll probably keep a clean sheet now but in my opinion (which counts for nothing) that is the worst back 4 option he could have picked.

Will be interesting to see who is the furthest forward out of typically 3 midfielders.

I know he's got goals recently, but I've still yet to be convinced by Fassnacht.

Some days he works hard, tracks back and chips in with a goal. Other times he goes missing.

I agree that is not the most reliable back four, especially if Blackburn high press.

But, any opposition would look at Sainz, Fass, Sarge and Sara and be really, really worried.

Easy win for us I feel.

Hopefully Wagner has got it right but Onel had his most effective game of the season last week and is dropped. 

I think if you change a team to suit the venue or opposition you put doubt in your players minds. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigbrenn said:

I agree that is not the most reliable back four, especially if Blackburn high press.

But, any opposition would look at Sainz, Fass, Sarge and Sara and be really, really worried.

Easy win for us I feel.

Would they?

• Thanks 1