1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

But then our current coach stayed up with Huddersfield beyond all expectations, so would changing the coach even be a good idea? 

Might be best to see if he can pull it off again even if we stink out the place, then brutally sack him after the first season (like Bournemouth did with Gary O'Neill). 

If Wagner gets us up then absolutely he deserves a crack at it. If (as is more likely) we stay down, I would prefer that we roll the dice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If Wagner gets us up then absolutely he deserves a crack at it. If (as is more likely) we stay down, I would prefer that we roll the dice.

Seems fair enough - even the Wagner haters might switch were he to take us up…however (un)likely

It must also be noted that the players are very pro-Wagner. Something to consider, rocking the morale of the squad ahead of a PL season by getting rid of someone they rely on.

I'd need a lot more convincing to return to the pro-Wagner fold.

A supersonic run towards the PL and thumping the Binners at Carrow Road for a starters.

There have been too many low-points, bad runs of results and bizarre decisions to contemplate him being the longer term answer beyond this season.

He has his good points, amiable character and player support mainly, but I just don't think him sufficiently tactically endowed, and this coming from one self-confessed as a tactical ignoramus. So I suppose I could be wrong. 

Nah!

Let Ben Knapper decide.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's not about opinions you utter spanner. It's fact. The course of Sheffield Utd's season bares remarkable resemblance to our own. If you don't want to acknowledge this because of some deep seated, unexplainable hatred for Sheffield Utd ("The minute I think we are like Sheff U is the minute I give up on the game" - what a ****ing weirdo you can be) that's your problem. 

8-0 is a big loss. Like 7-0. Regardless of who it's against. 

Honestly, I don't know why I bother.

Well don’t then-give the rest of us a break from your drivel!

16 hours ago, OnDaBall said:

I think what's more concerning for anyone observing the gulf in quality between The Championship and Premier League, is how Burnley are doing. Absolutely walked the league last season and are massively struggling. Kind of puts our attempts to stay up recently into perspective.

On the other hand , Luton who were referred to as ‘the worst premier league team ever’ are putting up a decent fight!

But I don't hear no pundits or talksh#te presenters saying they should be kicked out the league and for some other team to take their place as they're an embarrassment!!!!!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

We’re in the top 6 in the championship form table over the last 12 games, Top 4 over the last 8 games and top 2 over the last 4 games. I think Wagner has proven that had he not had such poor luck with injuries to very key players we would be well in the hunt for the top 2 this season. If a new manager had came in 12 games ago and produced the results he has, now he’s got key players back, we would be delighted with that appointment. Weather it was through lack of funding meaning we couldn’t sack him or genuinely backing him the club have been proven right by sticking with him 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 3

Wagner can still make himself THE most loved NCFC manager of all time.

All he has to do is lead us to the PL via a home league win v’s Ipswich followed by a playoff win against them!

Easy! That’d pretty much cement him in canary folklore and probably be the biggest comeback from a manger ever!

5 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

All he has to do is lead us to the PL via a home league win v’s Ipswich followed by a playoff win against them!

Easy! That’d pretty much cement him in canary folklore and probably be the biggest comeback from a manger ever!

I think Alec Ferguson might have a claim to that one ( unless you mean just norwich managers )

Edited by Virtual reality

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

On the other hand , Luton who were referred to as ‘the worst premier league team ever’ are putting up a decent fight!

I've often thought the tactic / style of play to 'walk' the Championship are not the ones required to establish yourself / survive in the Prem. Our own recent adventures under Farke a case in point.  

Often it seems those that scrape in via the Play offs do better!

I think it comes down to being difficult to play against, defensively solid and organized plus being quick (preferably deadly) on the counter attack. If all you know is game control, attack and scoring easily you might not be so practiced in adversity! 

Oddly I feel more comfortable with this squad if we were lucky enough to get promoted than other times. Sarge / Barnes and hopefully The Donk are exactly the sort of players that can scrap in the lower EPL (like Holt) and get results with some flair from Sainz, Sara, Nunez etc. With Pukki and Emi we were in reality very one dimensional and easily neutered!

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Taking out Leeds under Farke on the way in the Play Offs, 1p5wich in the final 😉

Heart-breaker star removal service.

Edited by Yellow Fever

9 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Really???

Alex Neal did exactly that and I don't see many Norwich fans saying he's our most loved manager of all time. 

(But I wouldn't complain if Wagner were to emulate his feat 😉 )

Edited by Thirsty Lizard
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, OnDaBall said:

I think what's more concerning for anyone observing the gulf in quality between The Championship and Premier League, is how Burnley are doing. Absolutely walked the league last season and are massively struggling. Kind of puts our attempts to stay up recently into perspective.

What I saw of Burnley last season did nothing to make me think they might stay up. They seemed to be very similar to how they were when relegated, and I'm not sure they've changed much since promotion.

They've taken our mantle of being too good for the Championship and not good enough for the Prem.

22 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Good to see another poster who for some ridiculous reason thinks a Norwich season ticket holder who attends also virtually every single away game is a ' binboy ' .

Bill/City1st gets a lot wrong!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

We’re in the top 6 in the championship form table over the last 12 games, Top 4 over the last 8 games and top 2 over the last 4 games. I think Wagner has proven that had he not had such poor luck with injuries to very key players we would be well in the hunt for the top 2 this season. If a new manager had came in 12 games ago and produced the results he has, now he’s got key players back, we would be delighted with that appointment. Weather it was through lack of funding meaning we couldn’t sack him or genuinely backing him the club have been proven right by sticking with him 

I agree totally that the club were right to stick with him! He looked like a dead man walking a couple of times, after the Plymouth debacle, again when we lost at home to Blackburn, and then even after the Millwall defeat he was still on thin ice. I just don't think he's the right man to take this project forward, personally, and I don't think Ben Knapper does either.

But if he's still here next season, I'll find it a lot easier to get behind him than I would've done a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2024 at 17:02, Coneys Knee said:

probably be the biggest comeback from a manger ever!

Think Jesus still has this title.

• Haha 12

On 19/02/2024 at 16:48, mannings bandy legs said:

But I don't hear no pundits or talksh#te presenters saying they should be kicked out the league and for some other team to take their place as they're an embarrassment!!!!!

That is because they are not an embarrassment.

On 19/02/2024 at 16:48, mannings bandy legs said:

Alex Crook (who said that about us) said it on Sunday when they were discussing Sheffield Utd & Burnley, he used the phrase "stinking the place out" .

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Should we ever be promoted to the PL again, our mantra should definitely be 'ignore TalkSport'

That should be your mantra for life....

• Like 4

On 19/02/2024 at 17:08, Yellow Fever said:

I've often thought the tactic / style of play to 'walk' the Championship are not the ones required to establish yourself / survive in the Prem. Our own recent adventures under Farke a case in point.  

Often it seems those that scrape in via the Play offs do better!

I think it comes down to being difficult to play against, defensively solid and organized plus being quick (preferably deadly) on the counter attack. If all you know is game control, attack and scoring easily you might not be so practiced in adversity! 

Exactly this. It's the defensive scrappers that tend to stay up - very solid defensively; direct counter attack and good on set pieces. The old Burnley doing better than the new Burnley illustrates this point well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The standard in the premier league has improved massively even over the last 5 years there are now no badly run teams. An increasing number of teams are at a stage that they will never be relegated. Instead of a big four, you now have the Manchester clubs, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa, Chelsea. With West Ham, Brighton and really Everton should be in this group who are asking going to destroy the promoted teams home and away. Which basically means there are the two other promoted teams plus Palace, Wolves, Fulham, Brentford, Bournemouth and Forest which you essentially have to beat at home and get points away as well. 

All of those clubs have financial muscle we can only dream of