cambridgeshire canary

Josh Sargent injured and a "late call" if he makes the match

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fresh out of Wagners mouth from the presser. Makes all that booing seem silly.. How dare he take off an injured player!

Was it taking off an injured player that was being booed or was it replacing a forward with a midfielder that was being booed?.................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

I can't be the only one who thought Onel was having an absolute mare in the second half because Lewis had pushed forwards leaving Stacey with 2 on 1 and Hernandez was just hanging out on the halfway line marking no one. His substitution was tactical and correct.

Taking Sargent off seemed strange to me because there was no indication of injury; if he'd gone down and required treatment or even limped on his way off the pitch then it would have avoided the whole debacle. 

It wasn't tactical, the subs were ready to come on after 50 mins ,about 3mins of that they had a player injured. In hindsight he should of taken them off at half time, because as you said for the minutes they were on we were rubbish,  but then we came out like that 2nd half the game before. 

8 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Was it taking off an injured player that was being booed or was it replacing a forward with a midfielder that was being booed?.................

I think everyone who booed knew he had to be injured or he doesn't go off then , so definitely swapping him for a midfielder, and more importantly having QPR still fresh in the memory. 

21 minutes ago, Addick/Canary said:

Instruction to all fans attending Saturday's match against Cardiff City:

Please Boo when the players enter the field, as this will galvanise them to perform better. Petriix

I think Petriix is right in away , it certainly woke them up and they certainly raised their effort , maybe they wanted to prove us wrong. The energy definitely dropped after we scored the 2nd and we started to be less positive.

Onel had a hamstring injury so if Wagner knew that at h/t and bearing in mind Rowe's situation, it's surprising he was risked at all 2nd half.

2 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

But he won't. It will be Barnes up top,but we all can see that its not his best position. But,hey,lets wait and see.

Thought we signed Barnes as a striker 

Barnes is a striker but he's not been great whilst leading the line on his own. He needs a runner like Sargent up with him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fresh out of Wagners mouth from the presser. Makes all that booing seem silly.. How dare he take off an injured player!

As I tried to explain the other night, he was clearly limping after the game, sadly those supporting the booing didn’t want to know

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

Taking Sargent off seemed strange to me because there was no indication of injury; if he'd gone down and required treatment or even limped on his way off the pitch then it would have avoided the whole debacle. 

He looked shattered to me start of the second half, wasn't pressing and was just strolling up the field when we went on the break.  Barnes was way ahead of him.

I've not seen what was said, is he injured or is there a bug going round?  He just looked completely off it rather than an injury.

Edited by Google Bot

42 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

There’s hyperbole on both sides. People blamed his subs for the equaliser when it came on the opposite side of the pitch.

I'm not really interested in the 'sides' thing. It's worthwhile trying to understand why people respond the way they do rather than just dismissing them as whingers or morons. Personally I don't think anyone is to blame when someone scores that kind of goal, but it's reasonable to say that the team were performing badly at that point, arguably due to systemic issues caused by the combination of players on the pitch and the roles they were performing.

Now it's also clear that the same players then started performing better. Maybe you could attribute that to Wagner's tactical change. Great. I don't think you'll find a Norwich fan who is unhappy about that. But, just because people booed doesn't mean they can't enjoy the resurgence and ultimate victory.

It's clear that no one in the stands knew that Sargent was injured and there was nothing to suggest he was until he went straight down the tunnel. People got the wrong end of the stick. On mass. It's understandable that they were frustrated at that point.

It's more worrying that Wagner couldn't understand the frustration. The loss away at Watford sticks in the memory and it appeared to be repeating in front of our eyes. "Do something to get a grip on this game... No, FFS, don't take our best attacker off."

He should get it. So should you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm not surprised if he was taken off injured. So SVH has to become 'Championship Ready' since Tuesday.

Hopefully the late call will be a positive one, but surely Aboh will be on the bench?

Generally speaking - why would SvH start over goal scoring experienced Bashley?

Edited by nu_matik

36 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Barnes is a striker but he's not been great whilst leading the line on his own. He needs a runner like Sargent up with him.

Time for HugeDonk to put a donk on it

2 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

But Onel is available to play on Saturday.

Where does that fit into your narrative?

His replacement scored a goal in his half an hour on the pitch.

Which is something Onel Hernandez hasn't managed to do in 30 games this season.

Our fans are getting a bit ridiculous.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

His replacement scored a goal in his half an hour on the pitch.

Which is something Onel Hernandez hasn't managed to do in 30 games this season.

Our fans are getting a bit ridiculous.

So is a wingers job to score? Or they're a failure?

I saw a pretty decent assist from Onel or did you miss?

Yes Fassi scored, but Dean Coneys bum-bum has scored better 

Don't get all the Onel hate

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Have to agree and if this 'combination of issues after his ankle injury' is actually hinting at something a bit more worrying then that's our play off hopes just vanishing over the horizon! Can we cope without Rowe? Yes, just about although we would lack that special 'something', that he can offer. Can we cope without Rowe AND Sargent? That's a massive 'NO' from this author I'm afraid. 

We do also have Aboh waiting to grace the first team. If we are to be without Onel, jonny and Josh it is a good opportunity for him to get game time

11 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

So is a wingers job to score? Or they're a failure?

I saw a pretty decent assist from Onel or did you miss?

Yes Fassi scored, but Dean Coneys bum-bum has scored better 

Don't get all the Onel hate

There is no Onel hate from me, although yes I do think you need goals from all of your players to put together a credible promotion challenge and that is clearly missing from Onel's game. 

But I thought we'd already established that Wagner's subs allowed Sara to push forward, where he then scored. 

Fassnacht struggles to get a foot in the game too often for my liking, however he's scored 5 goals this season and can't really sniff at that, he's a goal threat.

I don't have much to add on the above Hernandez commentary, however it has struck me that he looks a lot more keyed-in in recent weeks.

He looks like he's taking his minutes on the pitch a lot more seriously, and has a couple of assists as a result. I for one would love to see an Onel CR goal soon.

3 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I don't have much to add on the above Hernandez commentary, however it has struck me that he looks a lot more keyed-in in recent weeks.

He looks like he's taking his minutes on the pitch a lot more seriously, and has a couple of assists as a result. I for one would love to see an Onel CR goal soon.

Agreed. If he starts to have a final ball / awareness he'll add a zero to his value.

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

They were booing because Sarge had said at half time he was injured but Wagner insisted on keeping him on! 

Possibly. 

Or not.

Who knows.

We only have Wagner's words ...

FFS. Disconnect because of lack of communication but you suggest they're lying anyway. Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't. What the hell is the point of anyone in the club saying anything with this sort of neurotic attitude?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, daly said:

Thought we signed Barnes as a striker 

You are joking, surely? Barnes may be a forward, but has never been a striker in his career. Goals make a striker. 

1 hour ago, Nik Vawn said:

As I tried to explain the other night, he was clearly limping after the game, sadly those supporting the booing didn’t want to know

All the more reason to have replaced him with SvH then, to provide an opportunity to improve his match sharpness. 

25 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Definitely seems more intense and focused. I'd love to see him score too. I'm not the greatest fan of his ability but you can't deny he always trys bloody hard. The fans would love an Onel goal.

Just now, Conrad said:

All the more reason to have replaced him with SvH then, to provide an opportunity to improve his match sharpness. 

Perhaps he was more focused on taking back control of the game and gaining us 3 points?  Just a hunch, seeing as we finished 4-2 winners.

33 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Wouldn’t we all? Pretty much everyone has a soft spot for Onel, even if they don’t rate him that highly. 

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Which isn't necessarily a negative move anyway. Got Sara much further forward, he scored, we won. 

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

He should get it. So should you. 

I get that people react emotionally and without knowing the full facts. Doesn’t mean I think it’s right, or even mature. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Which isn't necessarily a negative move anyway. Got Sara much further forward, he scored, we won. 

You kind of missed the point here. Cambridge was stirring the pot, I was just posing a question, my position on the booing is very clear..........

20 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Perhaps he was more focused on taking back control of the game and gaining us 3 points?  Just a hunch, seeing as we finished 4-2 winners.

Perhaps we would have also won if SvH had replaced Sargent? Who knows. After all it is not as if we got a grip on the game immediately when the first set of subs came on. 

• Like 1