KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Coventry***

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

True, me too l, but logic would have had us cheering on an Ip****e win and the other blue(s) side of brummy too.

we need the teams around us to fail - those last two places in the playoffs are tight 5th down to 13th

Just can’t help thinking it’s all coming together at the right time and we will be the team to break into the mix. We look a completely different proposition with Sargent back and Sainz coming on leaps and bounds.Yes we are still making some ridiculous defensive decisions but overall we are also much tighter at the back than we were. Wagner deserved the criticism he got but he now also deserves the credit and the fans full backing

• Like 2

Not sure I’d want to go up unless we get a huge investment - watching AVL absolutely mauling SFU 0-4 after about 30 minutes …. We’d need 10 Buendias (who’ll probably never come back from his ACL)

9 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Not sure I’d want to go up unless we get a huge investment - watching AVL absolutely mauling SFU 0-4 after about 30 minutes …. We’d need 10 Buendias (who’ll probably never come back from his ACL)

If I read that again on this forum, I'll scream so loud you'd hear it in Norfolk.

So you would prefer that we lose even more of our best players whilst still making a multimillion pounds loss as the seasons drag on with a mid-table chumps outfit?

Only in Little Old Norwich.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 5

Robins slightly delusional it seems and certainly got great at recalling the order of events..

"I'm really not happy with the way things have panned out because we didn't deserve the defeat that's for sure," he said.

"I'm really bitterly disappointed. I'm still fuming. I'm going to try and be careful but at the same time you get a sending off against any team and it can cost you.

"We were 1-0 up at that point. The referee couldn't wait to get the card out of his pocket. We went down to 10 men and then had the best two chances of the game.

"We've seen some really good football played when we were down to 10 men but also when we were at full strength. From our perspective I'm gutted for them because they put a lot of work into the game to get no points out of it."

IMO it was a straight red, but even if you think not you cannot say it wasn't a booking for a player already on a yellow. He was off regardless.

A) 100% a red but as you say the lads on a yellow anyway.

B) The ref checked with the lino first so hardly "couldn't wait to get the card out"

C) It was 1-1 at the time.

I like Robins but he's talking absolute nonsense here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

Robins slightly delusional it seems and certainly got great at recalling the order of events..

"I'm really not happy with the way things have panned out because we didn't deserve the defeat that's for sure," he said.

"I'm really bitterly disappointed. I'm still fuming. I'm going to try and be careful but at the same time you get a sending off against any team and it can cost you.

"We were 1-0 up at that point. The referee couldn't wait to get the card out of his pocket. We went down to 10 men and then had the best two chances of the game.

"We've seen some really good football played when we were down to 10 men but also when we were at full strength. From our perspective I'm gutted for them because they put a lot of work into the game to get no points out of it."

IMO it was a straight red, but even if you think not you cannot say it wasn't a booking for a player already on a yellow. He was off regardless.

Also wasn't it 1-1 at the time of the sending off? May be mistaken, even though I was at the match. 😂

2 minutes ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

He’s talking like an absolute tool. The ref got the card out quickly as it was the clearest red card imaginable. He’d also already been booked so even if the ref bottled it and  deemed it not a straight red he’d have still got another yellow 

5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Also wasn't it 1-1 at the time of the sending off? May be mistaken, even though I was at the match. 😂

Yes it was 1-1 at the time when the clear red card was given, sarg was clear on goal with him against the keeper so there is no doubt it was a straight red

I like Robins and he’s got his team playing nice football - but he’s also somewhat delusional if he thinks they were hard done by today.  It was a red card all day long, and despite them playing fairly well we were the better team and worth the win. It was an entertaining game, one of the better ones we’ve seen this season.

• Like 2

Good result with some good moments but we really do need to work on sorting out the defensive errors.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

Just another example of the rubbish that come out of managers(and players) mouths. 

3 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Just another example of the rubbish that come out of managers(and players) mouths. 

Pretty normal stuff from a manager frustrated at the result as a whole and not wanting to blame his players to ensure they keep fighting.

He'll likely get reprimanded for the comments aimed at the ref but that'll just feed into the 'them Vs us' mentality he'll want to keep.

Makes it sound tighter too, helps feed confidence to his players by painting it that way.

All in all a pretty typical manager response to a game they may have been expecting to get something out of.

For some reason I like Robins but cannot prevent being disappointed when I see his teams play. I thought Coventry were very ordinary apart from a few mins 2nd half.

It was a clear red all day long although I thought they were better with 10 men. Robins will never be a top flight manager and I certainly wouldn't want him here.

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

The ref got the card out quickly as it was the clearest red card imaginable.

The total lack of any protest from the Cov players also speaks volumes.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

If I read that again on this forum, I'll scream so loud you'd hear it in Norfolk.

So you would prefer that we lose even more of our best players whilst still making a multimillion pounds loss as the seasons drag on with a mid-table chumps outfit?

Only in Little Old Norwich.

Whoooahh my southern England exile companion…. Yes on the face of it but just remember the BK8 drivel expounded on this very Forum - a load of money comes our way and ‘fans’ get a little jittery about scantily clad bar girls in Thailand.

No such Presbyterian views in Birmingham 

We have no ambition now - big business or mid table to late play-offs mediocrity

I’d happilly (now) accept a top 8 and have a very prosperous FA Cup. 

After the last 4 excursions into EPL - excluding that fab day at Wembley - I don’t think we have the stomach for it!

We should be Brentford or Wolves - we aren’t 

He can’t complain about the red card - Kitching had already been booked and brought Sargent down through on goal. There were no protests from the players either. I don’t know why he thinks we’re very lucky to win it either - we put in a decent performance, although I didn’t think Coventry were that poor either, and nearly retook the lead shortly after the red

7 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

Whoooahh my southern England exile companion…. Yes on the face of it but just remember the BK8 drivel expounded on this very Forum - a load of money comes our way and ‘fans’ get a little jittery about scantily clad bar girls in Thailand.

No such Presbyterian views in Birmingham 

We have no ambition now - big business or mid table to late play-offs mediocrity

I’d happilly (now) accept a top 8 and have a very prosperous FA Cup. 

After the last 4 excursions into EPL - excluding that fab day at Wembley - I don’t think we have the stomach for it!

We should be Brentford or Wolves - we aren’t 

I've just had my scream, but it is unlikely to be heard by many canary fans as I am away at the moment.

I take it you were slightly disappointed with the win yesterday then, as it propelled us nearer a play-off place? It will be tough as the performance of Coventry at times amply showed yesterday, but with a line-up consisting of Sara, Rowe, Sargent, Sainz and Gunn, to say nothing of Kenny and some other decent back-ups plus some promising youngsters coming through and a new boy in the attack I would respectfully suggest that this team as you described it with a few sensible additions should be capable of staying up with the right man at the helm. I've never considered it a right, but nevertheless who could possibly be ignorant of the financial benefits of even a brief stay at the top table if the rewards were used well and certainly better than in the past.

For all I care we could go up and achieve fewer points than the average Eurovision Song Contest tally of the UK these days as long as we are not piling up debt.

I don't get the relevance of the BK8 nonsense but cannot comment further as I never saw the pictures that upset so many and cost the club decent sponsorship money. It did seem a bit prissy to me, but I cannot be sure of that.