KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Coventry***

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

McCallum’s been good since he came on. Nice to see.

I won't say it too loudly but I think he's better than Dimi.. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

How long before we worry more about losing  Sainz than Sara in the summer?

Far more worried about Sargent personally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Playing football the Wagner way..

Absolute madmen, the lot of them. Duffy bursting into the penalty area when we're 2-1 up with a minute to go against ten men.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la Farkeball.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Surely they won’t? 🙏

No they won't and...

Untitled.jpg.d5f941fde2f598f5f132a96636a84acf.jpg

• Haha 3

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Absolute madmen, the lot of them. Duffy bursting into the penalty area when we're 2-1 up with a minute to go against ten men.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la Farkeball.

Honestly wtf was that about lol

We're going to do something silly and make the play offs here aren't we?

All this talk about Rowe leaving in the summer, I'm as worried about Borja Sainz, this lad is really becoming a cult hero.

Van Hooijdonk was loving it all at full time too.

It's all starting to click.

Just now, Monty13 said:

Honestly wtf was that about lol

If we discovered that the whole team was on acid I wouldn't be that surprised

• Haha 2

Wow winning crucial games against teams above us…huge momentum…binners slipping down. Imagine doing them at Wembley 😱

• Haha 1

Great game to watch, stunning goal and properly in the play off mix. All  is good in the Ncfc world. The only downside to that performance was some questionable defensive play again and a ridiculous throw in from Stacey. If we can just cut that nonsense out and keep our key players fit we will be right in there at then end of the season 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

We're going to do something silly and make the play offs here aren't we?

Wagner sacked in the Wembley dressing room after winning the play-off final. "Sorry, David, but we made the decision in February. Thanks for all your work"

You heard it here first.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Yes Preston.

Ipswich have really deflated like a souffle after those morons beered Delia's car.

It’s all setting up nicely for another playoff win against them hopefully, would truly make this season even if we don’t win the final.

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Wow winning crucial games against teams above us…huge momentum…binners slipping down. Imagine doing them at Wembley 😱

Assumed we'd knock them out in the play-off semis, 6th vs 3rd. But the smart money has got to be on them finishing fourth now, so it is not out of the realms of possibility. 2-1 win. Gibbs and Williams (og) the City scorers.

Just now, Monty13 said:

It’s all setting up nicely for another playoff win against them hopefully, would truly make this season even if we don’t win the final.

Indeed, but

Assumed we'd knock them out in the play-off semis, 6th vs 3rd. But the smart money has got to be on them finishing fourth now, so it is not out of the realms of possibility [that we meet them in the final]. 2-1 win. Gibbs and Williams (og) the City scorers.

Somewhat nervy second half.A bit of a sloppy goal to give away but a screamer from Sainz (with an assist from Barnes) to take three well earned points.

9 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

That is a very good result. What a weird football team we are. What a weird season this is. Absolutely no reason we can't finish in the top six. At times we look completely hopeless. I can't remember a season where we've scored so many great goals. Not a clue any more.

exactly how i feel , want Wagner out but he keeps producing to his credit 

24 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Yes Sony and his work rate is now excellent as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

If we discovered that the whole team was on acid I wouldn't be that surprised

Is there specifically a rule that says you can’t be on acid? Microdosing is big on the West Coast of the US ATM.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

If we end up getting promoted this season I think I shall spend the whole summer laughing my head off.

Well, until the PL fixtures come out and we're starting with Man C (a), Liverpool (h), Arsenal (a), Chelsea (h)

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Wagner sacked in the Wembley dressing room after winning the play-off final. "Sorry, David, but we made the decision in February. Thanks for all your work"

You heard it here first.

Let’s be fair, I really like David as a person but I don’t think anyone’s misgivings are really unfounded. I still struggle to see where he takes us long term.

Today was great though, still dicey far too many times, but this is the Wagner football we were promised when he joined, today was both effective and entertaining. Players were committed and passionate. It was a far cry from some earlier performances.

I worry though we are far too reliant on Sargent, when he went down heavy in the first 15 and was struggling for a bit I was fearing the worst. He really is our talisman right now, hopefully Sydney can help lighten the load.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Is there specifically a rule that says you can’t be on acid? Microdosing is big on the West Coast of the US ATM.

Not sure. Can't see that it would be seen as a performance enhancing substance. And in the case of microdosing perhaps it wouldn't show up on a drugs test anyway.

The one who I really think is on acid is Wagner. Do they drugs-test managers?

Edited by Robert N. LiM
Hi mods - just to be clear, this is just a joke. I'm not accusing DW and the team of taking illegal drugs. It's just a bit of fun.

If we end up getting promoted this season I think I shall spend the whole summer laughing my head off.

Well, until the PL fixtures come out and we're starting with Man C (a), Liverpool (h), Arsenal (a), Chelsea (h)

I we go up and Ipswich don't that will be utterly hilarious 

Couldn’t have gone better. We beat a playoff rival, Preston beat the Binners, and Leeds and Southampton both win. We’re now only 1 point off the playoffs (effectively 2 due to GD), Binners drop out of the automatic promotion spots to 4th

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

I we go up and Ipswich don't that will be utterly hilarious 

Indeed, it’s highly unlikely but it would absolutely unforgettable.

If Sainz keeps on doing what he's doing he's going to be getting a few admiring looks his way this coming close season. What a find that player has been.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Let’s be fair, I really like David as a person but I don’t think anyone’s misgivings are really unfounded. I still struggle to see where he takes us long term.

Totally. In a weird way the better we play the keener I am that we get rid of him. When we were mouldering around in mid-table I was thinking, might as well let him see out the season and we start again in the summer. But we've got a real opportunity here and it still feels like a better coach would get more out of these players - and we have a few players who may well be off if we don't go up this summer. As I said above, I don't have a clue any more. Nothing makes sense.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 2