Sign in to follow this  
Wimbledoncanary

Ajax / giannoulis …

Just saw this doing the rounds on twitter.I’d take the 5 million but looks like an agent fishing to me. Then again I thought the same thing about Idah to Italy initially . Transfer speculation is hotting up !

IMG_1903.png

One tweet from one random bloke.

You could trust me more than that account..

And you can't trust me

EDIT; Ok nevermind it seems to be gaining some traction

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Decent move for him if it happens and if we can somehow snatch 5m out of them then why not, we have McCallum and Montoia waiting 

Can walk away free in June. Doubt we can afford to offer him another year if we stay in the Champs.

He can just sign a Bosman and wait it out, but if they really want him now (a la Cantwell to Rangers) then there's a deal to be made.

Would around £4m for a 28yo starting international who is first choice here & we would need to replace sound so far fetched?

• Like 1

This would be a real shame as I really like Dimi and I get the impression when he comes over to supporters that he really likes the club.  I just presumed he had at least another 1.5 years on his contract, didn't realise he was this close to being out the door to be honest.

• Like 1

Dimi's the better between him and McCallum at this exact moment in time, but McCallum could be the better long-term bet - he really needs games.

If we could get that money and Montoia is ready, that's not a bad outcome.

• Like 1

I like Dimi. But a move to Ajax at this stage of his career would be great for him and if we can get anywhere near €5m for him, it’d be decent business for us. 

5 minutes ago, mrdi said:

I like Dimi. But a move to Ajax at this stage of his career would be great for him and if we can get anywhere near €5m for him, it’d be decent business for us. 

A decent sum for a player who can leave for free in 6months is something you’d think long and hard about. 

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Can walk away free in June. Doubt we can afford to offer him another year if we stay in the Champs.

Yep, that is it. I'd love him to stay, well underrated, but needs must. We no longer have PL money, or even parachute payments - £30m less income this summer. So I expect him to be off.

I like Dimi but for 5 million Euros we’d be crazy to say no.

3 hours ago, Wimbledoncanary said:

Just saw this doing the rounds on twitter.I’d take the 5 million but looks like an agent fishing to me. Then again I thought the same thing about Idah to Italy initially . Transfer speculation is hotting up !

IMG_1903.png

The story may be right but the writer has the end of the transfer window wrong. It is the 1st and not the 31st, in the Netherlands and England.

37 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I like Dimi but for 5 million Euros we’d be crazy to say no.

5m for someone they can sign on a free in a few months ?

Just now, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I'd honestly never heard of him, has he looked good for our U21s?

Don't know to be honest, but I remember listening to a pod, possibly the pink un pod ( although could be wrong it could have been tnc) mentioned before that there's rumblings of he's close to being the next cab off the rank. 

I’d be amazed if anyone gives us anything approaching £5m at this point in the proceedings. If we were offered one or two million I suspect we’d snap their hands off.

So, let’s hope I’m wrong!

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

5m for someone they can sign on a free in a few months ?

I don’t believe it, I just said we’d be crazy to say no if true.

17 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not to mention, Lungi's done well at left-back before.

Lungi is a credible option. If true, I'd take the money and run.

Pinkun have discredited this …..but they have done that before 🥵.

would make sense to try and cash out on him , can we see him signing a new norwich contract ? I cant see the club offering him similar terms

11 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not to mention, Lungi's done well at left-back before.

11 hours ago, River End Rocker said:

Lungi is a credible option. If true, I'd take the money and run.

Sorensen would be OK as a stand in LB in a flat back 4. I don't see him fitting Wagner's system where the fullbacks push high up the pitch. You need a natural left footer, more pace and attacking intent.

When Sorensen was at LB we also had Skipp in midfield providing that extra layer of protection.

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sorensen would be OK as a stand in LB in a flat back 4. I don't see him fitting Wagner's system where the fullbacks push high up the pitch. You need a natural left footer, more pace and attacking intent.

When Sorensen was at LB we also had Skipp in midfield providing that extra layer of protection.

I think that's fair.  I'm not advocating Lungi as a starter, but he is a decent back up option, albeit with a very different style. 

57 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sort of agree, but he played there in a Farke system, and Farke also likes his full-backs high. Partially agree in that Lungi won't necessarily widen the pitch anywhere near as much on the overlap and hasn't got the pace for it, but I'm inclined to say considering that we have Stacey on the other side, a more traditional full-back might not be such a bad thing for greater defensive solidity.

Theres no way anyone is paying more than £1m for someone who's available for free in a matter of months.