Not the humiliation that the whiners had predicted. Ironically it was that lot down the road who suffered the weekend's (seasons) humiliation. Ironic given that many of the whiners are binners hoping we are fooled by their non binner names.

I expect it was an enjoyable day out for the 4,000 or so who travelled up to Anfield. It will be an enjoyable day for the club's finance director when the payments for the day come in. But that enjoyment will be tempered by the knowledge that Liverpool had a turn over of £594m season 21/22. I wonder what our turnover be after the parachute payments end. Less that 10% of that, yet the whiners some how we should be able to match the tram they can put out,.

And despite us having both our best two strikers missing we still managed two goals, one being the goal of the match - in front of our fans. Another emerging 'star' - Sainz, perhaps. So it is on with the playoffs. Coventry upcoming, and we look more than capable of getting a win.  Good news for our supporters, and bad news for the whiners Safe journey back fellow canaries - hope it was fun.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Not a great day either.. I had hoped for a spirited fight rather than the passive display. I agree with all the professional pundit who expected more from NCFC 

Edited by Kenny Foggo

Agreed a lot of pant wetting/nappy crâppíng going on the Facebook forums

We Lost by 3 goals, scoring 2 goals with our b team away from home v a champions league club 

good effort 

• Like 1

I must admit that I was expecting the scoreline to be bigger....The only thing I was disappointed with was our defending for their goals, really really poor.

• Like 1

The low standards of the happy clappers 🤣🤣🤣

More than comfortably beaten by a mostly Liverpool second string . Barely got over the half way line for 90 mins, and the OP is full of pride 🤣🤣🤣

4 divisions between Newport and a full strength Man Utd, but they actually managed to be competitive for the majority of the game. I wonder what the disparity is between the turnover of those two clubs....

I would say the OP is a WUM.

But the happy clappers really are that deluded.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Our result didnt spoil a very enjoyable weekend.

😉

Amen to that 👍

1 minute ago, Keith Scott said:

More than comfortably beaten by a mostly Liverpool second string . Barely got over the half way line for 90 mins, and the OP is full of pride 🤣🤣🤣

4 divisions between Newport and a full strength Man Utd, but they actually managed to be competitive for the majority of the game. I wonder what the disparity is between the turnover of those two clubs....

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

The profundity of your insights are well beyond the rest of us mere mortals ..............

• Like 1

It ridiculous to reduce this argument to pant wetting or happy clappers. Its very immature.

Some fans liked the performance, some fans thought we should have showed more fight. Neither group thought we'd win.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

And the binners appear not prepared to admit who they are lol

Yes better than both West ham and toulouse achieved this season. Losing 5 to 1. Newcastle also lost 4 2. So no disgrace and when they got forward norwich looked dangerous. Optimistic for next Saturday with Rowe and sergeant back.

• Like 2

I’d hardly call a day when you lose 5-2 as not a bad day. It certainly could have been worse but it’s not something to take any satisfaction out of. Expected, yes. Still disappointing though 

I think 5-2 was pretty much where we expected to be, if a little better as I wasn't really expecting us to score without Rowe and Sarge. We're still poor defensively, we're still rubbish at playing it out from the back but we did look okay going forwards when we managed to work the ball that far up the pitch without giving it away. Now if only we could not leave free headers on set pieces we might actually do okay...

• Like 1

Sad state of football when a 5-2 loss is greater as not a bad result! 
Reality is it was so one sided it could have been a lot worse, credit to Long made some good saves today, thought Sainz looked quality and great goal but we were overrun by a very good side who will probably end up in the final.

25 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

We scored two goals you big mentalist and obviously we played with our first team right? You really are the gift that keeps on giving on these forums 

yours faithfully 

Yobocop 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Sad state of football when a 5-2 loss is greater as not a bad result! 
Reality is it was so one sided it could have been a lot worse, credit to Long made some good saves today, thought Sainz looked quality and great goal but we were overrun by a very good side who will probably end up in the final.

Agreed - the 'little old Norwich' fans are out in force celebrating a one sided training session defeat like you say. Instead of their endlessly boring tag of 'Binners' which they slap on to anyone who ventures the mildest criticism of the team, management or owners, I would suggest they look rather more objectively at the flaws in said components of NCFC.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

We scored two goals you big mentalist and obviously we played with our first team right? You really are the gift that keeps on giving on these forums 

yours faithfully 

Yobocop 

Well apart from Long, if you look more closely you would see that the rest of our team was packed full of first team players. Suggest you take off your yellow tinted glasses, they spoil you objective judgement of these matters. 

3 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Agreed - the 'little old Norwich' fans are out in force celebrating a one sided training session defeat like you say. Instead of their endlessly boring tag of 'Binners' which they slap on to anyone who ventures the mildest criticism of the team, management or owners, I would suggest they look rather more objectively at the flaws in said components of NCFC.  

It’s bizarre behaviour starting a thread almost taking satisfaction from a 5-2 defeat whilst taking many pops at people who aren’t so easily pleased 

It’s not black and white for me. A really great day yesterday, and cricket gave us 2 magic results. What disappointed me was not what the Guardian called a ‘rout’, but how totally predictable this rout was. Also, the game didn’t  even have a frisson of excitement as a fixture for me, hence I turned down a free tick and travel. Predictably there was too much respect for Liverpool and eulogies to Klopp. Ok it wasn’t all horrendous, but by heaven the cup has long lost its fizz for us. Barnes was actually bullied by one of their youngsters! 

• Like 2

The best part of the weekend (year) is the Ipswich humiliation.

Having got the 'tragic of the cup' out the way we can now concentrate on the league. Wagner can now focus on keeping his job, or perhaps doing a Klopp.

The club now needs to think about strengthening the squad in what's left of the transfer window and the communication message to season ticket holders in light of this weekend's windfall.

An interesting few weeks coming up!

Sadly we have an undercurrent of Happy Clappers who are content with mid table mediocrity and seeing out the Delia days.

Oh just to add we could have played our best striker but he's lacking stamina, poor lad.

Edited by Capt. Pants

My point isn’t about happy clappy or panty wetty fans it’s the state of football that a 5-2 loss can be regarded as satisfactory in anyway! 
But it wasn’t a competitive battling performance it was pretty much backs to the wall for 80 minutes of the game!

I will never say a 5-2 defeat is not a bad day

doesn’t matter who we are up against, a defeat by 3 goals is a bad day

was a great day yesterday tho 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

Not the humiliation that the whiners had predicted. Ironically it was that lot down the road who suffered the weekend's (seasons) humiliation. Ironic given that many of the whiners are binners hoping we are fooled by their non binner names.

I expect it was an enjoyable day out for the 4,000 or so who travelled up to Anfield. It will be an enjoyable day for the club's finance director when the payments for the day come in. But that enjoyment will be tempered by the knowledge that Liverpool had a turn over of £594m season 21/22. I wonder what our turnover be after the parachute payments end. Less that 10% of that, yet the whiners some how we should be able to match the tram they can put out,.

And despite us having both our best two strikers missing we still managed two goals, one being the goal of the match - in front of our fans. Another emerging 'star' - Sainz, perhaps. So it is on with the playoffs. Coventry upcoming, and we look more than capable of getting a win.  Good news for our supporters, and bad news for the whiners Safe journey back fellow canaries - hope it was fun.

Our Turnover post parachute will be around £40 million. Let's hope it doesn't return to 3 figures until we can be more competitive and let's hope we won't be paying too much of the little we do have to Norfolk Group in Interest payments for the sins of the recent past.

• Like 1

It was a completely pointless exercise. Two largely second string teams playing out a meaningless fixture. Clearly Liverpool won at a canter, but we didn't really even try to make them break sweat. It was just a game to get out of the way and we set up to not get beaten by more than 6 so in that respect it was a success.

It simply reinforced my view that Wagner's way of playing is not what I want to watch, irrespective of the result.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Well apart from Long, if you look more closely you would see that the rest of our team was packed full of first team players. Suggest you take off your yellow tinted glasses, they spoil you objective judgement of these matters. 

No rowe, Sargent Duffy, Gunn, giannoulis or Sainz in the starting 11 today 

<mic drop> 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

And like some Pavlovs dog, up he pops with others of his sort spewing out misrepresentations and lies. No one is celebrating, anymore than they are celebrating, it is cold. It is winter. It is Anfield where we earn around 8% of their income.

Sticking with the weather, my point was it is not as cold as it could be ie we were not hammered as you whiners were predicting. That and youbin folk losing to a non league club must have been pretty awful for you, all things considered.

And along with fellow binners your only argument now is that CIty are such a huge club that any non appearance in the Champions League means we are a failure. What must also upset your sort is that genuine City supporters are not upset about todays result. Unlike you, I did watch the game. And was impressed with the fight shown. The game and the score will soon be forgotten, unlike the humiliation you binners suffered yesterday.

I expect genuine supporters may feel things are bad when we sink to the level of bankrupt club with crowds of 12,000 in a cowshed of a ground where weeds grow untreated and a small bush is allowed to grow on the roof.  Two decades of failure must hurt. When we have suffered what you simple binners have suffered then your whines on here might find common cause with City supporters.  Until then, save your time, you Ken Foggo and other halfwits are just embarrassing yourselves.

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

It was a completely pointless exercise. Two largely second string teams playing out a meaningless fixture. Clearly Liverpool won at a canter, but we didn't really even try to make them break sweat. It was just a game to get out of the way and we set up to not get beaten by more than 6 so in that respect it was a success.

It simply reinforced my view that Wagner's way of playing is not what I want to watch, irrespective of the result.

Agreed, and naming 2 sub GKs a bit disrespectful to the travelling thousands.

I don't get NCFC at the moment I have to say.

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Our Turnover post parachute will be around £40 million. Let's hope it doesn't return to 3 figures until we can be more competitive and let's hope we won't be paying too much of the little we do have to Norfolk Group in Interest payments for the sins of the recent past.

Three figures ?

8 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

No rowe, Sargent Duffy, Gunn, giannoulis or Sainz in the starting 11 today 

<mic drop> 

And 2 keeper's warming the bench, no others available from the U21's I take it?