Nuff Said

Klopp leaving Liverpool at the end of the season

Makes no difference as I suspect he's already selected to cup team, plus the club (and players?) were told in November according to BBC.

He's under contract until 2026, obviously not sacked, so must have bought himself out of that contract. Interesting.

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not sure whether thats good or bad for us on Sunday??

Maybe their players maybe in shock/distracted?

Possibly, however he told the club in November so that depends on whether this is news to the players or whether they've known since November?

He comes across as such a straight up honest guy, many would just take the wage, but he clearly has standards in regards to throwing himself all in on a job, and also values his personal life so there comes a decision.  Hats off to him, really.  He spoke a lot of sense from a personal level during Covid too I thought.

I think he's too regimented for this to affect anything, let alone our game on Sunday.  If he wanted anything from the season you'd have to think the prem league would become by far the priority.

That said, if your final game is walking around the pitch at Wembley parading a cup I can see that being quite significant actually!   Ahhh, we were screwed anyway, right? :classic_laugh:

Edited by Google Bot

14 minutes ago, Google Bot said:
He comes across as such a straight up honest guy, many would just take the wage, but he clearly has standards in regards to throwing himself all in on a job, and also values his personal life so there comes a decision. 

Nagelsmann is only on a short-term contract to the end of the Euros, so that may also be part of his thinking. 

16 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

He knows we're going to batter them and can't take the shame.....

He obviously realises that it's a very very tough fixture and the only way to fire up the players is to announce this now.

He'll probably change his mind on Sunday evening when they've only got the League Cup, Premier League ans Europa League to go for.

We all know the media love affair with Liverpool and this will now go into stellar overdrive. Wonder if we will get any mention at all either before, during or after the match Sunday? 

48 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Nagelsmann is only on a short-term contract to the end of the Euros, so that may also be part of his thinking. 

Hand on heart I don't know if he'd make a statement like this and risk undoing all he's built up with the Liverpool fans, as it would be a real kick in the teeth to walk out early as you cannot give your all to the job, only to pick up at a European rival.

It's probably more to do with questioning the game as a whole, and whether he's prepared to work his **** off and taking so much on his shoulders when there's so much money coming in to rival clubs who are able to jump the queue and pile in resources.

In fact, with all the FFP charges floating around at the moment, i've wondered recently why they've all come up after so many years dormant.  It makes me think that there's something super league related brewing, and perhaps he doesn't want anything to do with the political side of that and being thrust forwards as the public figure, as he's made it clear he's not a fan of the idea.

That may also explain why this early exit has been allowed and so mutual.

Edited by Google Bot

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Hand on heart I don't know if he'd make a statement like this and risk undoing all he's built up with the Liverpool fans, as it would be a real kick in the teeth to walk out early as you cannot give your all to the job, only to pick up at a European rival.

It's probably more to do with questioning the game as a whole, and whether he's prepared to work his **** off and taking so much on his shoulders when there's so much money coming in to rival clubs who are able to jump the queue and pile in resources.

In fact, with all the FFP charges floating around at the moment, i've wondered recently why they've all come up after so many years dormant.  It makes me think that there's something super league related brewing, and perhaps he doesn't want anything to do with the political side of that and being thrust forwards as a spokesperson.

I suspect he's looking at the Germany job as a swansong, and as Nagelsmann only has that short-term contract Klopp might be making himself ready. Wouldn't be surprised if the DFB have asked him about interest in the position.

Only announced it today, despite having told players back in November, because they aren't selling many tickets to their fans for Sunday. Now guaranteed a big turnout.

Cynical, moi?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the DFB have asked him about interest in the position.

Oh sorry, yes, I thought Nagelsmann was still at Bayern.  That does make a lot of sense actually, international job is far different.

I still think there's things brewing in regards to super leagues, Saudi money and these FFP charges though.   Ever paranoid! :classic_wink:

Just now, shefcanary said:

Only announced it today, despite having told players back in November

I don't think they would actually have told the players in November as that would have leaked in no time.

He told the club in November, so the board.

Will be interesting to see how the players respond to this. Either they'll go all out so Klopp can go out with a bang, or they'll be busy trying to sort their summer exists and distracted from Liverpool matters.

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I suspect he's looking at the Germany job as a swansong, and as Nagelsmann only has that short-term contract Klopp might be making himself ready. Wouldn't be surprised if the DFB have asked him about interest in the position.

You could be right. The video interview with him suggests he doesn't want the full on pressure again again and again with Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Only announced it today, despite having told players back in November, because they aren't selling many tickets to their fans for Sunday. Now guaranteed a big turnout.

Cynical, moi?

I was talking to someone who is a season ticket holder at Anfield and he said that they have a scheme that penalises you if you have a season ticket or a membership and you don’t buy a ticket for cup games. He didn’t explain how it works but he was confident that the home allocation would sell out because of it.

Well there won’t be any lack of atmosphere he’s often complained about. And that’s before they start the scoring. To be honest he’s aged considerably in recent seasons and doesn’t have that same spark even when they win. Gets handsomely paid but there is more to life than money especially when you’ve got millions in the bank already. 

I won’t miss his teeth ( big smile )

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

5 minutes ago, For the future said:

Wagner to Liverpool as manager 

And Klopp to Norwich.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

But the German national team is not a rival, and they wouldn't begrudge him that role, surely? And besides, international management isn't as demanding day-to-day as club management.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But the German national team is not a rival, and they wouldn't begrudge him that role, surely? And besides, international management isn't as demanding day-to-day as club management.

Yeah I get what you're saying now, it was only when Miss TGS's worst half mentioned it again that the penny dropped, sorry! 

Probably a good time to post this (it’s a long thread):

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I won’t miss his teeth ( big smile )

The announcement yesterday that after her success with Barbie, Greta Gerwig is going to do the same with The Banana Splits.

It all makes sense now. 

• Haha 2

My current mentality:

Please don't concede double figures Norwich