Soldier on

Quietest transfer window yet?

Can’t remember a window where we have been linked with so few players . One really good signing would be a boost .

Virtually nothing has happened in any division. Cannot remember the PL being so quiet, couple of loans sum total. Even quiet on rumours, except Man U of course.

Just now, LaUnionCanary said:

Virtually nothing has happened in any division. Cannot remember the PL being so quiet, couple of loans sum total. Even quiet on rumours, except Man U of course.

Sky Sports news will be worried. What will they have to talk about during their ridiculous all day coverage.

• Haha 1

All teams have no money this season. The clubs that do have cash to burn, aren't allowed to spend it due to FFP.

Higher interest rates are biting all clubs as they all seem to live in permanent debt. 

Honestly feels a shame. Does feel like we are missing some kind of quality in the team, I mean it's clear we are good enough to beat most midtable and lower sides but soon as we face any side that's bound for promotion we seem to faulter.

Right now we are good enough for the top ten but not good enough for top three in my opinion.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Right now we are good enough for the top ten but not good enough for top nine in my opinion.

Just changed that for you!

• Haha 1

It’s alright for some Man City have just splashed 12.5 million on some 18 yr old who has played 6 professional games. That said I think he was the stand out in a recent youth World Cup.

Edited by Ulfotto

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Honestly feels a shame. Does feel like we are missing some kind of quality in the team, I mean it's clear we are good enough to beat most midtable and lower sides but soon as we face any side that's bound for promotion we seem to faulter

More nonsense.

Wins v Hull, West Brom and draws v Binners and S'oton easily refute that as does our loss to Millwall amply show. It is about how well the team is doing now. No more abject defeats at the hands of Plymouth. We can now go toe to toe with those looking to be in the play offs. Unfortunately, what we are missing is a player who has 'an eye for the goal'. Both no Idah and Barn door are ineffectual in front of goal. Rowe has performed miracles, but we need another Holt/Pukki.

Much of the transfer market is dependent on one or two big transfers, whereby the money the filters down. That has not happened at the PL level, and so it is much like a housing chain. All stuck waiting. Until a club can buy A, they will not sell B

Seems Leicester are willing to let Dewsbury-Hall go for £30 million, very odd to sell your top scorer when you're nailed on for promotion.  

It's surprising how quickly the flipside of FFP has kicked in. Ultimately lack of player trading will kill off the smaller less well off clubs.

We have several players out of contract in the summer. It will be a struggle to replace them with quality if nobody is selling players!

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

Seems Leicester are willing to let Dewsbury-Hall go for £30 million, very odd to sell your top scorer when you're nailed on for promotion.  

I'd imagine they need to balance the books too. Especially if Vardy really is on the rumoured 120-140k a week!

On 25/01/2024 at 12:11, cambridgeshire canary said:

Honestly feels a shame. Does feel like we are missing some kind of quality in the team, I mean it's clear we are good enough to beat most midtable and lower sides but soon as we face any side that's bound for promotion we seem to faulter.

Isn't it the other way around? Barring Leeds and Leicester we have a good record against top half teams, but then get battered by Plymouth and lose to Rotherham 🤷‍♂️

I can’t believe we appointed this knapper fella he clearly is utterly clueless 

can’t see we have a god awful coach, can see they squad needs strengthening , can’t communicate with the fans

yet another senior appointment we have got wrong 

On 25/01/2024 at 09:38, CDMullins said:

Team with no money, linked with no players - Shocker.

I think when Mark A said that he was going to meet with Knapper to discuss his 'needs' ahead of the transfer window there was, justifiably. some hope that this might mean some capital being found to do a modest amount of business, even if just a loan player or two.

Not investing in the squad at all when we're 2 points off the play off places would be a bit silly wouldn't it? The play off games alone if we played all 3 would be worth a few million to the club. 

I will be disappointed if we didn't bring in a couple, preferably a DM and backup RB, there are clearly big holes in the squad where these players should be. 

Hwang went back to Forest, and Forshaw came off the payroll, I was hoping and still am that this frees up wages for a couple of loans at least?

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe

5 hours ago, The Raptor said:

I'd imagine they need to balance the books too. Especially if Vardy really is on the rumoured 120-140k a week!

They should try and sell to a club who will loan him back for the season.

Norwich I'm surprised will bring in any main players. Also for others a lot of top players will be wanting Euro squad places and more reluclant to move.

4 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Norwich I'm surprised will bring in any main players. Also for others a lot of top players will be wanting Euro squad places and more reluclant to move.

The obvious market there is players not currently in first team plans who have an eye for the Euros with their respective countries.

I remember hearing an interview with Robert Page where he wanted his squad members to get moves elsewhere if they currently weren't playing first team football. I see David Brooks is wanting a move now!