cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Peacocks V Canaries*

I thought there was an overhaul last summer, the emergence of dads Army.

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

In other news it’s nice to watch Farkeball again

They look a very good side. Bit ominous how hard they're making us work.

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

They look a very good side. Bit ominous how hard they're making us work.

...and we still haven't had a shot on target

19 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I blame myself

27 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Encouraging so far…

50/50 I’d say.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, First Wazzock said:

So, has Wagner turned it around, as he seems to think?

Aside from the West Brom game, we have flattered to deceive. We will do well to finish mid-table.

I can see nothing but a loss tonight, as most games we offer so little.

Is it Wagner's fault, or is the squad so poor he's stuffed to begin with?

I still want Wagner out, hopefully that will come in the Summer when a massive overhaul must be on the cards

The thing is, it's just such 'stodgy' defence, conceding possession and relying on individual skills going forward, rather than ever building any momentum either within games of for the season. When the luck isn't running favourably it just looks so sh!t and uninspiring and agricultural. Other teams have lovely patterns of play and intelligent tactics and adaptability to watch.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Other teams have lovely patterns of play and intelligent tactics and adaptability to watch.

Which other teams???

• Haha 2

You could argue we’ve had the better chances here and Gunns not really had much to do. We just switched off completely for their goal.

I don’t like how passive we are without the ball though. Just stand off and don’t attempt to win it most of the time. 

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

The thing is, it's just such 'stodgy' defence, conceding possession and relying on individual skills going forward, rather than ever building any momentum either within games of for the season. When the luck isn't running favourably it just looks so sh!t and uninspiring and agricultural. Other teams have lovely patterns of play and intelligent tactics and adaptability to watch.

Exactly. What is Wagnerball!? Seemingly leaving gaping holes down the middle and generally sitting off. Even through our wins we’ve had significant periods of looking unconvincing. We reek of of vulnerability at the back too often. That’s partly a quality fault. But also tactical. Wagner is clearly going to be around until summer. But let’s hope it’s no longer. You all know id rather he be gone sooner. But he’s still here as he’s lucky and also lucky our board is lacking. 

• Like 2

Apart from the goal there is little in the game. Could get a point here.

• Like 2

Shouldn't someone just properly elbow James and Bamford in the head, like?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

You could argue we’ve had the better chances here and Gunns not really had much to do. We just switched off completely for their goal.

I don’t like how passive we are without the ball though. Just stand off and don’t attempt to win it most of the time. 

Think both points there are really about how well Leeds move the ball, and how well their players move off it. Their goal followed a period where we were being pulled all over the place - that's exactly when players seem to 'switch off' because it's just so draining, physically and mentally, to keep following the ball and the opposition players.

Similarly, what looks like passivity without the ball is a determination to try and keep our shape. If we dive in, their players are good enough to take our defenders out of the game and create two-on-one situations.

All in all, it's pretty simple - they're a better side than us. Doing well to stay in it, if you ask me.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Which other teams???

Any number of other teams in this division play a more dynamic, fluid, attractive style with intelligent, adaptable managers. Even QPR ffs!

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Think both points there are really about how well Leeds move the ball, and how well their players move off it. Their goal followed a period where we were being pulled all over the place - that's exactly when players seem to 'switch off' because it's just so draining, physically and mentally, to keep following the ball and the opposition players.

Similarly, what looks like passivity without the ball is a determination to try and keep our shape. If we dive in, their players are good enough to take our defenders out of the game and create two-on-one situations.

All in all, it's pretty simple - they're a better side than us. Doing well to stay in it, if you ask me.

Exactly this, the whole idea of not diving in is to try and keep the opposing team in front of you, where it's generally easier to defend.