cambridgeshire canary

Now Brentford are sniffing after Rowe

7 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Just think of all the crap we could buy for £30m

We won't get 30 million, and we need 20 million to run the club next season.  

6 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i think he has rejected a couple of offers if not the club would be mad not to have extended his contract ,

we have to remember this is his contract he had before he started performing well ,

so i would guess he was a under 23 player not 1st team regular when signed maybe 7 /10 k  a week at the moment ??

Cantwell was on around that with heavy 1st bonuses at one point at his time here before signing a better deal ,

So imagine if someone is waving 40k /50 k/ 60k a week at you and 1 million plus signing on fee  ,

the club said they will leave talks to summer i think it is more likely agent saying wait till summer see what comes in ,

i imagine knapper and the club would be mad not to sign him up for another 5 years today if they could ,

Why is it important to give him a 5 year contract? Everyone on here are saying we can't stop him leaving,  when he still has 2.5 years left. 

35 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I would think it’s fairly obvious - it’s an advertisement to potentially signing other up and coming talent that Norwich is a springboard for their careers, we also reap the benefits of a youth pipeline to first team. The whole point of the academy is to create players capable of playing first team football. 

It's a great advert. Come to Norwich have a good half a season then leave. Just can't work out how we build a team to compete,  can you explain? 

36 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

It's a great advert. Come to Norwich have a good half a season then leave. Just can't work out how we build a team to compete,  can you explain? 

I’m doing a lot of explaining. We’re a selling club. You join Norwich to further your career. We make money out of the sale of the players coming through if they prove their worth in the first team. This is nothing new. You enjoy their prowess when they’re here. It may be **** but that’s the way it is and always has been. Until we have a billionaire owner who can prolong the hold on our young star players that’ll be how it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sufyellow said:

Why is it important to give him a 5 year contract? Everyone on here are saying we can't stop him leaving,  when he still has 2.5 years left. 

longer he has left the better money you get 

41 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I’m doing a lot of explaining. We’re a selling club. You join Norwich to further your career. We make money out of the sale of the players coming through if they prove their worth in the first team. This is nothing new. You enjoy their prowess when they’re here. It may be **** but that’s the way it is and always has been. Until we have a billionaire owner who can prolong the hold on our young star players that’ll be how it is. 

He's played well for 6 months,  I get it when they have given us a couple of seasons, we are a football club , I think alot of fans have been brain  washed by the owners and have forgot we are meant to try and be successful. So we have 26 thousand fans and are happy to be a feeder club , we did the academy up just to sell youngsters.  

20m 4.5 year deal agreed with brentford allegedly

42 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Surprised the whole deal was put at risk by playing him last night then?

45 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Where is this being alleged, please? I can't find anything online. Last I saw, Spurs, West Ham and Brentford were all interested, but no firm bids.

1 hour ago, ZLF said:

Would be surprised, what with him playing yesterday.

EDIT: Having found the source for it, it's a troll account on Twitter. Definitely false.

Edited by hogesar
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Looks like a gonna  😪

Plucky little Brentford...

It's a complete troll account on Twitter so anyone taking that seriously....

I'm too lazy to scroll through 5 pages so apologies of this has been mentioned  already. But if it has its because its a good point!

Brentford seemed to have got most stuff right recruitment wise over the last few years. If they want Rowe then it's sort of a good thing as it's shows what a great player he is. 

Can someone go and kick him pleaer. Just enough so he fails a medical but is OK in a couple of weeks!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Looks like a gonna  😪

Plucky little Brentford...

Realistically if we had done a deal with Brentford, then why did he play last night? Makes no sense at all, so smells of BS.

Not saying he won't be sold this window if an offer of £20m comes along, but the likelihood diminishes by the day.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

It's a complete troll account on Twitter so anyone taking that seriously....

Everyone has to start somewhere mate. And eventually he'll be right, which is good enough reason for me to lose my sh1t. 

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

I'm too lazy to scroll through 5 pages so apologies of this has been mentioned  already. But if it has its because its a good point!

Brentford seemed to have got most stuff right recruitment wise over the last few years. If they want Rowe then it's sort of a good thing as it's shows what a great player he is. 

Can someone go and kick him pleaer. Just enough so he fails a medical but is OK in a couple of weeks!

Ben Gibson. Your moment has arrived. 

• Haha 1

20M is a steal and would never go again if they sold him for this amount when you consider what players go for these days 

Maybe someone can help out here, if we sold him now, after selling all the players in the summer could it leave us with a large tax bill if we make a profit? Unfortunately we will need to raise 20 million for next seasons running costs , so for that reason I cannot see us selling now. 

We are sliding fast in terms of quality. To sell our last remaining jewels without bringing anyone in is going to be damaging for recruitment and will consign us to lower half champs or worse. We simply have to hold onto Gunn, Rowe, Sara and sarge and build a proper team around them in the summer if we are to have any ambition at all. 

oh and sack a manager whose negative football and insane selections and tactics is definitely making us under perform 

• Like 1

If Jo Jo Rowe does go in January....First Season Ticket renewal in February....

I think the support would then rather spend their disposable income on pitchforks, torches and bed-sheets....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When was the last time we sold a star player for £xxxx millions that resulted in an improvement in performance, results and prospects.

Well, I'll tell you.

Never.

Football is about what happens on the pitch, it's about excitment, good players and results.

It is not about how much money we can get by flogging someone who shows a bit of ability at the drop of a hat as soon as another club shows a bit of interest.

You can only put up with "Ah, but we need the money" for so long.

Isn't that why we got the Yank onboard?

It's happenend far too many times in the the past and we shouldn't tolerate it happening again.

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 1

“Now Brentford are sniffing after Rowe”

Good! That means he’s playing well and will be an asset for us for the rest of the season. The only time I worry is if no clubs higher up the pyramid are looking at our players, as that usually means they’re all sh*t and we’re struggling

18 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

When was the last time we sold a star player for £xxxx millions that resulted in an improvement in performance, results and prospects.

Well, I'll tell you.

Never.

Football is about what happens on the pitch, it's about excitment, good players and results.

It is not about how much money we can get by flogging someone who shows a bit of ability at the drop of a hat as soon as another club shows a bit of interest.

You can only put up with "Are but we need the money" for so long.

It's happenend far too many times in the the past and we shouldn't tolerate it happening again.

Thats where Recruitment and scouting must be better ,

We should be looking and signing if very cheap players at all times ,

Brighton sell a player and they have another Gem ready to slot straight in ,

i know they have more money but we have to do the same with players in our price range ,

Hopefully that might be the case when MA takes over ,

Not splash cash everywhere but if a player 2,3,4,5 million turns up we have a owner who can inject that instead of Delia and MWJ 

57 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Well, I'll tell you.

Never.

Maddison?

For the record I don’t think selling Rowe will give rise to a similar post-Maddison improvement in our fortunes, but it has happened fairly recently…

4 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Well, I'll tell you.

Never.

You can only put up with "Ah, but we need the money" for so long.

Thanks,  it seems there's only a few of us who still feel like this. No player should have the power to leave after 6 decent months, he will only go because the club has no ambition.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Well, I'll tell you.

Never.

3 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Maddison?

For the record I don’t think selling Rowe will give rise to a similar post-Maddison improvement in our fortunes, but it has happened fairly recently…

Yep, definitely happened with Maddison. 

You could also argue it happened with Godfrey and Lewis as well.