10 hours ago, JayNCFC said:

Tim Krul having dinner, whilst I having dinner with my wife at Park Farm

If you call it dinner you're too posh for this forum 😉

37 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

What else could it be called? 😂

14 minutes ago, JayNCFC said:

It's not just dinner, it's M&S dinner......

21 minutes ago, JayNCFC said:

Tea

Edited by cornish sam
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Or from up North and you mean lunch.

Which reminds me, we used to have an office near Birmingham International airport so would sometimes walk to the M and S in the terminal for a lunch-time (not dinner) sandwich. I once saw the whole Stoke team in matching shell suits who had obviously just got off a plane from a pre-season trip, including Peter Crouch. 

Stood in between Collymore and Rooney browsing through top shelf mags at WHSmiths years ago. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Many years ago I was running a course at a hotel in the Coventry/Warwick area. Sunderland were staying there in advance of playing Coventry that evening. Whilst the players were having an afternoon kip, Mick McCarthy, their manager at the time, was in the lounge having a cuppa. Rather cheekily I joined him as he was not occupied on anything and we started chatting footie talk. Have to say he was a top bloke, down to earth and really appreciative of City as a club. I suspect that changed a few years later!

45 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Stood in between Collymore and Rooney browsing through top shelf mags at WHSmiths years years ago. 

Dogging Monthly and Sexy Grannies Review?

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Which reminds me, we used to have an office near Birmingham International airport so would sometimes walk to the M and S in the terminal for a lunch-time (not dinner) sandwich. I once saw the whole Stoke team in matching shell suits who had obviously just got off a plane from a pre-season trip, including Peter Crouch. 

Ah, that reminds me of the time the team were playing at either Sheffield United or Rotherham back in the Lambert days. They were staying at what was a very posh hotel around the corner from my house before the match. I was sitting in my front room in my dressing gown eating my breakfast nursing a hangover when I saw Lambert walking past, followed closely behind by the whole squad and coaches, on post breakfast constitutional and easy work out. Totally lost it running out of my house in just my dressing gown to wish them all the best for later that afternoon. Yep, I did get some very strange looks and quite a few comments from them! 

Bit of a random one, but some of my business partners apartments get rented by Norwich footballers. One of them was Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe. Nice bloke but kept saying a king-size bed was too small for him. Out of curiosity and to meet the guy we came over to see what he meant. We knocked and he called for us to come in.

He had prepped himself, laying in his bed, with his feet dangling off the end of the bed in order to provide a live demonstration to us. "See! My feet get cold!"

He was tall, to be fair.

Edited by hogesar

45 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Bit of a random one, but some of my business partners apartments get rented by Norwich footballers. One of them was Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe. Nice bloke but kept saying a king-size bed was too small for him. Out of curiosity and to meet the guy we came over to see what he meant. We knocked and he called for us to come in.

He had prepped himself, laying in his bed, with his feet dangling off the end of the bed in order to provide a live demonstration to us. "See! My feet get cold!"

He was tall, to be fair.

I’m struggling to work out why you needed to see him lying on a bed to understand why it was too small for him?

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m struggling to work out why you needed to see him lying on a bed to understand why it was too small for him?

Haha, I didn't. I should add more context. He'd told the agent he was too big for any of the beds and could we supply another as he wasn't sure where to go to get one for himself. We'd only actually visited at the time to take measurements and remove some pieces of art he didn't like. So we weren't expecting him to be in the bed demonstrating!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Haha, I didn't. I should add more context. He'd told the agent he was too big for any of the beds and could we supply another as he wasn't sure where to go to get one for himself. We'd only actually visited at the time to take measurements and remove some pieces of art he didn't like. So we weren't expecting him to be in the bed demonstrating!

I used to say I was 6’2” at stretch but have to admit age has made 6 1 more accurate. But a king size bed has always been fine, so not sure what his problem was.

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I used to say I was 6’2” at stretch but have to admit age has made 6 1 more accurate. But a king size bed has always been fine, so not sure what his problem was.

The problem was he liked his head to rest about 2 feet away from the headboard! 

• Haha 1

Depends on what you mean as mundane as in my previous life I worked for a league one football club and did several little jobs for the players there at the time including taxing their cars, sorting out birthday cakes for relatives etc 

I also know Leon Barnett quite well who has helped me tremendously with coaching my ladies football team, also jamie stephens who has helped with my goalkeepers, he was on the books at Liverpool but played at Barnet. 

I’ve met John Still once or twice when his team trained with us at a football centre I worked at when the weather wasn’t so good 

Barry fry is possibly my best and favourite story when I worked at the league one club walked straight into their academy and said I love this, want one of these at Peterborough, I walked out to watch the game and fry was walking around the pitch with his shirt off topless, it was a hot day lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Didn’t think Rooney could reach those. Did Collymore give him a leg up ?

He perched him up without hands. 

• Haha 1

Steve Bruce nearly ran me over in Tombland one Saturday night - gave me daggers through the windscreen for making him brake so hard...to be fair, it was my fault for running out in front of him.

Many, many moons ago, me & my Dad watched George Best and the Swedish Miss World playing tennis in Majorca

Met a very pissed off Martin Skrtl at my front door after he'd dropped off a Liverpool Academy player we were looking after.   It had been snowing and Skrtl had given the lad a lift (both from that part of the world) and Skrtl had skidded in the snow and ploughed his Bentley into a tree - the front was a right mess...he asked to use our phone to arrange recovery etc then went back outside and sat in the car until the breakdown van arrived!

• Like 1

A few years ago, I walked past Kevin Drinkell leaving the Sainsbury's store in Stirling. 🤩🤣

Apples

Stood behind Stan Collymore at v festival.

Had his arms around two very attractive women!

I saw Mike Phelan loading a VHS player that he’d just bought in Dixons onto the back seat of a red Montego.

Marc Edworthy is from the same area as my mum and played football for a tiny team there before his professional break. Saw him a few times in a local establishment and every morning absolutely hammering along the beach. You sometimes forget how fast pro footballers can be.

Much more recently I happened to be at Attleborough Sundays v Attleborough u18s in a pre season friendly and eventually realised the very vocal (and unimpressed) chap stood next to me was Grant Holt. He's shorter than you think.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, nu_matik said:

Time to tell the Sean Dyche shaving topless into a bin story @BobLoz3

Ok if I must...

A guy who used to cut my hair was in the Watford youth team. He got called into the managers office one day and when he got in there, he saw Dyche, stark b011ock naked, shaving his head into a bin. 

Dyche just turned round, still nude, and continued his conversation like nothing was happening 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

Ok if I must...

A guy who used to cut my hair was in the Watford youth team. He got called into the managers office one day and when he got in there, he saw Dyche, stark b011ock naked, shaving his head into a bin. 

Dyche just turned round, still nude, and continued his conversation like nothing was happening 😂

I want to hit “like” but feel it doesn’t quite correctly describe my reaction to reading this. But thanks for recounting the story (I think).