Sign in to follow this  
daz

Carvalho

On 08/01/2024 at 14:40, Channon’s Windmill said:

Fridays excuse is already primed then….’You just have to look at the quality they have bought in, for this we can’t compete’ DW.

Whereas the whiners will not need an excuse should we win on Friday, as they will have disappeared from here faster than a plateful of pies set before Alan Brazil.

1 minute ago, RobJames said:

Whereas the whiners will not need an excuse should we win on Friday, as they will have disappeared from here faster than a plateful of pies set before Alan Brazil.

Everything’s just fine then is it Rob? If we win I will be happy and come on here and say so…. won’t change my opinion on where we are atm as a club on jot though because it’s not sustainable under Wagner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Everything’s just fine then is it Rob? If we win I will be happy and come on here and say so…. won’t change my opinion on where we are atm as a club on jot though because it’s not sustainable under Wagner.

Utter nonsense, given you seem not to understand the difference between the club and the team. Wagner has no say in how the club is run. We will face an almost 50% drop in income if we are still in the Championship next season. I wonder how many of you whingers would cope if your wages were cut in half.

And because most of us understand this it does not mean we are happy with it. It's just we do not stamp our little feet and cry "it's not fair, boo hoo"

26 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Utter nonsense, given you seem not to understand the difference between the club and the team. Wagner has no say in how the club is run. We will face an almost 50% drop in income if we are still in the Championship next season. I wonder how many of you whingers would cope if your wages were cut in half.

And because most of us understand this it does not mean we are happy with it. It's just we do not stamp our little feet and cry "it's not fair, boo hoo"

I am neither happy with the club or the team atm, my personal discontent is with a multitude of things , but I do know the difference, thanks all the same. No feet stamping from me just an opinion that Wagner shouldn’t be in a job still but I also see the squads not good enough, money has been wasted etc etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Alfie54 said:

I thought that Wagner and Klopp were supposed to be best mates!

We all have best mates who would be crap at running a football team.  

So has Klopp

2 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

We won't pay a fee for a permanent transfer in this window, there is no money.

Well that’s not very exciting! Knapper out!

It was tongue in cheek, there seems to be a view among some posters that if we don’t sign every promising player who’s available, the club is a joke.

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

We shall see in three years time

You don't t believe he will fund us interim? Morr importantly my question was whether or not he has any wealth? He is a joint majority owner so why would he only invest in 3 years tine when Delia has gone?

12 hours ago, nu_matik said:

You don't t believe he will fund us interim? Morr importantly my question was whether or not he has any wealth? He is a joint majority owner so why would he only invest in 3 years tine when Delia has gone?

He’s a wealthy man, no doubt. He’s already had to put in to help the current mess the current owners have created. There’s no money to spend, the club is back at pleading poverty levels. I’d imagine he’s getting it a lot cheaper than when the club was in the prem, hence him putting some in

18 hours ago, RobJames said:

Actually A lot of us lost 50% of our wages in COVID. Didn't moan once actually... 

17 hours ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I am neither happy with the club or the team atm, my personal discontent is with a multitude of things , but I do know the difference, thanks all the same. No feet stamping from me just an opinion that Wagner shouldn’t be in a job still but I also see the squads not good enough, money has been wasted etc etc

Not to show unhappiness at the current state of our club, would have me questioning just how much people wanted a successful club for a great City or whether they are content just to accept any old rubbish! The 20% quote will haunt the owner til they give up and hand over to someone with ambition....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RobJames said:

But the players wages won’t be cut in half will they? So not really a good comparison to make, if the club loses money it’s down to how it’s being run, regardless of what you say.

3 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

He’s a wealthy man, no doubt. He’s already had to put in to help the current mess the current owners have created. There’s no money to spend, the club is back at pleading poverty levels. I’d imagine he’s getting it a lot cheaper than when the club was in the prem, hence him putting some in

I can't see him, given his other projects, not investing for growth and that includes sensible amounts to the playing team

3 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

I can't see him, given his other projects, not investing for growth and that includes sensible amounts to the playing team

He will also have to pay some of the debt off too, that will be more of a priority 

20 hours ago, RobJames said:

You have a real anger problem don’t you. You seem to come on here and vent it. 

• Like 1

Good to see Wagner using his best mate for contacts then, Carvalho would have been a superb signing.

• Sad 1

On 09/01/2024 at 18:39, Number9 said:

We all have best mates who would be crap at running a football team.  

So has Klopp

I meant that you would think he would be more willing to send his players out on loan to us

• Like 1

Why would we loan players now? We have no chance of promotion, better to assess the players we have and prepare for next season

6 minutes ago, Steve White said:

Why would we loan players now? We have no chance of promotion, better to assess the players we have and prepare for next season

Because some of those players clearly need to be got rid of this summer. They’re not up to the task and playing them results in more losses in the interim. Plus depending on the loan there’s also an outside chance of making a permanent signing. 

1 hour ago, Alfie54 said:

I meant that you would think he would be more willing to send his players out on loan to us

I wouldn't had thought Klopp was deeply involved in that process. Don't Liverpool have a Sporting Director and a Loan Arranger? Klopp way have confirmed that he doesn't need Carvalho but that was it.

2 hours ago, Alfie54 said:

Seriously, I wouldn't loan a player to Wagner, lovely teeth & hair but he hasn't got a clue about football in 2024

8 hours ago, S_81 said:

Because some of those players clearly need to be got rid of this summer. They’re not up to the task and playing them results in more losses in the interim. Plus depending on the loan there’s also an outside chance of making a permanent signing. 

That’s why I said assess the players, so that we could get rid of those not up to it. Agree to a point on the loan signings becoming permanent later, but in all honesty how many loans do we usually have who become permanent?

13 minutes ago, Steve White said:

That’s why I said assess the players, so that we could get rid of those not up to it. Agree to a point on the loan signings becoming permanent later, but in all honesty how many loans do we usually have who become permanent?

To be honest I think it’s clear already who isn’t up to it. Frankly it was clear before the season began, but we’ve hung onto some dead wood seemingly to keep the numbers up. It’s those players who are now being relied on off the bench, or even as starters, and that’s costing us. Whether loan or perm we need better for the second half of the season. But I expect there won’t be much movement in or out and we are looking at a summer rebuild now. Sadly we will likely lose our better players as a consequence. 

23 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Carvalho would have been a superb signing.

Have I missed something, as far as I can see he is without a goal in senior football, I think you might be hyperventillating

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Have I missed something, as far as I can see he is without a goal in senior football, I think you might be hyperventillating

Yes you have missed something. He's scored 15, including 10 for Fulham in the Championship 2 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

See above answer 

Let’s all step back and chill. S&J are still here to steer this ship to harbour. Stability is what is needed right now. The more we question the more we doubt. 

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Take it he won't play agaijnst us tonight?

Why not?