Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Today's the day the joy was finally

and completely for now, sucked out of this great club. Nigh on 20 thousand supporters there for an unfashionable but potentially exciting tie against a mid table league 1 side. Starting with our main strikers, our best defender and club captain and defenders who have been involved enough this season. In fact other than Forshaw virtually every player in that starting line up had previously started games recently. It was a strong line up.

The ground is full of new young supporters, probably here for the first time this season, excited at a potentially positive attacking display by city and what do we end up? An abjectly poor, lethargically mind numbing, painfully disjointed and frankly tediously boring 1-1 drab 90 minutes of uninspiring pointlessly ineffective football. Hang your heads in shame Norwich senior management. 

The coaching/tactics/in game management/will to win attitude/forward fast integrated play/aggression etc etc etc, is missing in action yet again. 

Enough is enough. Sort it out NCFC, this is simply not acceptable, otherwise I strongly suspect you will reap the whirlwind that is coming!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

East Rider said

The ground is full of new young supporters, probably here for the first time this season, excited at a potentially positive attacking display by city and what do we end up? An abjectly poor, lethargically mind numbing, painfully disjointed and frankly tediously boring 1-1 drab 90 minutes of uninspiring pointlessly ineffective football. Hang your heads in shame Norwich senior management. 

Hopefully the  NCFC fan who was being breastfed near me wasn’t too disappointed with the performance to put him/ her off future games

Edited by daly

6 minutes ago, daly said:

East Rider said

The ground is full of new young supporters, probably here for the first time this season, excited at a potentially positive attacking display by city and what do we end up? An abjectly poor, lethargically mind numbing, painfully disjointed and frankly tediously boring 1-1 drab 90 minutes of uninspiring pointlessly ineffective football. Hang your heads in shame Norwich senior management. 

Hopefully the  NCFC fan who was being breastfed near me wasn’t too disappointed with the performance to put him/ her off future games

Ha ha, that is brilliant.

Probably the most contented city fan in the ground today (the infant not you Daly)

Don’t know if it was wind but it gurgled when City scored

1 hour ago, East Rider said:

and completely for now, sucked out of this great club. Nigh on 20 thousand supporters there for an unfashionable but potentially exciting tie against a mid table league 1 side. Starting with our main strikers, our best defender and club captain and defenders who have been involved enough this season. In fact other than Forshaw virtually every player in that starting line up had previously started games recently. It was a strong line up.

The ground is full of new young supporters, probably here for the first time this season, excited at a potentially positive attacking display by city and what do we end up? An abjectly poor, lethargically mind numbing, painfully disjointed and frankly tediously boring 1-1 drab 90 minutes of uninspiring pointlessly ineffective football. Hang your heads in shame Norwich senior management. 

The coaching/tactics/in game management/will to win attitude/forward fast integrated play/aggression etc etc etc, is missing in action yet again. 

Enough is enough. Sort it out NCFC, this is simply not acceptable, otherwise I strongly suspect you will reap the whirlwind that is coming!

On the subject of younger faces at the game today, I thought it was fantastic. We rely on a great fan base and seeing the crowd today, was for me the problem with our current capacity. If we could offer a really cheap season ticket for the younger crowd, we sow the seeds for our future. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Unthink road said:

On the subject of younger faces at the game today, I thought it was fantastic. We rely on a great fan base and seeing the crowd today, was for me the problem with our current capacity. If we could offer a really cheap season ticket for the younger crowd, we sow the seeds for our future. 

Completely agree with you. It was really encouraging to see so many new faces. Yes I understand that we are not selling out but there does need to be some financial encouragement to get younger fans in.

Considering the season we are having, we had circa 20k people there today 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Even the diehard ‘ happy clappers ‘ on here are keeping well below the parapet tonight.

A fair few still in denial and spinning positivity. 

2 hours ago, East Rider said:

Completely agree with you. It was really encouraging to see so many new faces. Yes I understand that we are not selling out but there does need to be some financial encouragement to get younger fans in.

Considering the season we are having, we had circa 20k people there today 

25% of them will probably never return having watched that! Thats the issue.

2 hours ago, Unthink road said:

We do offer cheap season tickets to the younger generation. 

3 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Just 25%?

3 hours ago, East Rider said:

Come on now.

The joy was sucked out watching Moneycheat Citeh play training triangles around us snd drawing Red Scouse for thr opener for the second time on thr trot.

Then firing Farke and hiring Smith.

That's when the joy got sucked out entirely, losing in the cup is standard really kinda whatever territory.

If your just now getting apathetic the party started in 2022.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Even the diehard ‘ happy clappers ‘ on here are keeping well below the parapet tonight.

Hogsar fell asleep so he might even be turning 

• Haha 1

I don’t agree this was a strong lineup. With key players returning from injury we should have played our full strength side who will start against Hull. We desperately need a huge improvement in attacking intent coupled with significant improvement with our crossing. This would have been an ideal opportunity to get some cohesion and confidence in to the side. It was criminal to waste time again with Hernandez and Idah in particular. I do not accept the argument that some players need a rest. The top teams who play in Europe regularly play twice a week with full strength sides. Possible injuries - well that is always a possible risk. Bearing in mind the crowd makeup was slightly different it was a golden opportunity to bring back some positivity to Carrow Road. Wagner and his coaches just do not seem to be up for it.

Hernandez was actually one of our better players today. We were worse after he was subbed.

4 hours ago, East Rider said:

This.........

41 minutes ago, vos said:

I don’t agree this was a strong lineup. With key players returning from injury we should have played our full strength side who will start against Hull. We desperately need a huge improvement in attacking intent coupled with significant improvement with our crossing. This would have been an ideal opportunity to get some cohesion and confidence in to the side. It was criminal to waste time again with Hernandez and Idah in particular. I do not accept the argument that some players need a rest. The top teams who play in Europe regularly play twice a week with full strength sides. Possible injuries - well that is always a possible risk. Bearing in mind the crowd makeup was slightly different it was a golden opportunity to bring back some positivity to Carrow Road. Wagner and his coaches just do not seem to be up for it.

This was by definition a strong line up for an FA cup game against a mid table league 1 side. Sara who was missing was I believe the only player who has appeared in every game so for this season. Long had a very good game and kept us in it. We had our main strikers available and defenders

5 hours ago, daly said:

East Rider said

Was it Nutty getting some Delia bitty?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Unthink road said:

Next season we will be hugely relying on ticket sales money,  so will need to get as much in as possible. There's no room for cheap tickets unless you want even less spent on the squad. 

45 minutes ago, East Rider said:

This was by definition a strong line up for an FA cup game against a mid table league 1 side. Sara who was missing was I believe the only player who has appeared in every game so for this season. Long had a very good game and kept us in it. We had our main strikers available and defenders

Our midfield is poor with the first 3 in it . So I would imagine the midfield today was a mess , it looked it on TV. 

8 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

Next season we will be hugely relying on ticket sales money,  so will need to get as much in as possible. There's no room for cheap tickets unless you want even less spent on the squad. 

The club does offer very cheap season tickets for the youngsters 

40 minutes ago, city4eva said:

The club does offer very cheap season tickets for the youngsters 

It seems unthink Rd wants to offer more. 

12 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I'm here.

Thought first half was pretty entertaining for what it was. Drab second half, no denying. Nice day out with mates for his birthday hangover.

Nice half time refreshment, saw some pretty lights. Mates veggie pasty smelled Nice. Fair crowd. Decent away fans.

Wasn't the worst day out

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, daly said:

There’s enough titz on display at Carrow Road without fans whacking them out. 

Edited by Captain Holt
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Conrad said:

We do offer cheap season tickets to the younger generation. 

True. But we need to have the capacity. Also apart from the obvious need for exciting football. 

14 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

It's only 20% actually. Delia said so herself!