Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Rumours saying we turned down 15 million for Rowe

Going to be difficult to hold off Villa, that's a big big enticing move for the lad. 

Hopefully someone is in his ear giving him the right advice that he'll play here, be the main man etc. At Villa he'll be lucky to play cup games with their squad. 

The only way I'd be happy with it is if we sell him to them for 25-30m+ and get him back on loan for 2 seasons as part of the deal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Going to be difficult to hold off Villa, that's a big big enticing move for the lad. 

Hopefully someone is in his ear giving him the right advice that he'll play here, be the main man etc. At Villa he'll be lucky to play cup games with their squad. 

The only way I'd be happy with it is if we sell him to them for 25-30m+ and get him back on loan for 2 seasons as part of the deal. 

I'm still not over us selling Emi to Villa. The idea of both Emi and Rowe wearing Villa kits does make me a little queasy..

• Like 2

That was mentioned in an offhand manner in an article in the sun (I think it was) with no evidence or anything else...just paper talk I imagine as no one would have bid £15m for him before this season...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Internet suggesting Emi went for £80k pw on 5 year contract to Villa. 
If Rowe gets offered that or close his head is going to be turned . 
rough ride ahead

Can't blame him either, short career and all that. 

• Like 2

Can't see him even considering manky Wolves and that ****hole.

Villa won't get him for £15m this season but who know's what will happen in the summer, or if they double their offer now.

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Internet suggesting Emi went for £80k pw on 5 year contract to Villa. 
If Rowe gets offered that or close his head is going to be turned . 
rough ride ahead

I'd play for Ipswich for £80k a week! 

Admittedly I would score some cracking o.g's on debut! 

• Haha 5

We'll see how desperate we are for cash when the offers come in, in January.  Common sense would say keep him to the end of the season, when he should be worth more - and look to keep him on if we manage to get promoted.

34 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We'll see how desperate we are for cash when the offers come in, in January.  Common sense would say keep him to the end of the season, when he should be worth more - and look to keep him on if we manage to get promoted.

Players are generally worth less in July than January I'm afraid 

Don't know, if Rowe scores another 10 goals this season then he'll be hot property. Homegrown as well.

Sickening that anyone any good gets sold and the ****e stays here for years.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Don't know, if Rowe scores another 10 goals this season then he'll be hot property. Homegrown as well.

Sickening that anyone any good gets sold and the ****e stays here for years.

We got £13 million for Alex Pritchard - £10 million for Josh Murphy and £15 million for Jamal Lewis. 

• Like 1

Rowe is only a couple of goals off of Maddison's full season with us already. Very different players and you could argue JM had that top-level look about him from the start, however I'd be surprised if we even looked at any bid under £20m (as a start).

That is why i would put him on a big contract here , ( or as big as possible )

Who would you rather the biggest earners at Club people like Gibson /Barnes or Rowe ? 

i think he should be our Record sale if he does go Potential and English

by the  summer he could be near 20 goals in breakthrough season ! how many others have done that ? 

15 million is nowhere near enough 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norfolk Dan said:

I'd play for Ipswich for £80k a week! 

Admittedly I would score some cracking o.g's on debut! 

I was reminded of an own goal scored by Ian Dowie for West Ham. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

52 minutes ago, Haus said:

Wish they'd go after the tapping up clubs 

Agree and after, at last, the Everton points deduction, the Billy Big Boots clubs might at last start to respect the rule book if a couple more collars get felt.

2 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Can't blame him either, short career and all that. 

Who needs a long career at £80k/week?  I’d do 2-3 years and then retire!! 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Players are generally worth less in July than January I'm afraid 

This, there's the January tax added with he's English so the homegrown tax to add. I reckon we could squeeze it to 25m on potential. Plus add ons. 

However I'd rather we stick to our guns and a good person is in Rowes ear showing him staying for another season or two would be best for him long term. 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Who needs a long career at £80k/week?  I’d do 2-3 years and then retire!! 

Nah, those who have it always want more. Especially when it's all you've known. 

To me and you and most of the population sure 80k a week for a couple years would see our lives and kids lives be a walk in the park, but when you've grown up inside that world you'll always want more and for as long as possible. 

Look at the Ronaldo's/Messi's of the world, they've earned  enough to last 10 lifetimes yet they still go where the big money is. 

The 2nd link also mentions Sara, more out of speculation, but the point remains we have players of interest.

It will be interesting what Attanasio brings to the table, otherthan not a lot of knowledge of football...

Edited by Capt. Pants

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The 2nd link also mentions Sara, more out of speculation, but the point remains we have players of interest.

It will be interesting what Attanasio brings to the table, otherthan not a lot of knowledge of football...

Don't panic. Delia will explain on their way to Birmingham to pick up the cheque 

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Imagine this squad as it stands without Sara or Rowe. Would be relegation zone for sure. 

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Imagine this squad as it stands without Sara or Rowe. Would be relegation zone for sure. 

For a wide player Rowe has this rather extraordinary habit of being in the right place at the right time. You can't coach that and I can't think of a player we have with similar instincts. Possibly Sargent?

I thought Sara was superb at Ipswich, a very versatile midfielder.

I can't wait to hear the clubs response IF they were to both leave, even in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

For a wide player Rowe has this rather extraordinary habit of being in the right place at the right time. You can't coach that and I can't think of a player we have with similar instincts. Possibly Sargent?

I thought Sara was superb at Ipswich, a very versatile midfielder.

I can't wait to hear the clubs response IF they were to both leave, even in the summer.

I guess it’s a matter of whether we can keep them. And how much we value them at. If both were to leave it would have to be for such a sum that it allows a whole squad rebuild. But that of course relies on Knapper bringing in players of equal quality to Sara and Rowe - as well as uplifting other parts of the squad. 
As it stands, we have no one to step in and replace them at anywhere near their level.