BroadstairsR

re: Final warning.

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Is liking Connor's post or thanking him supposed to show the rest of us that it's certainly not about you?

Asking before I like or thank him...

Are we ever confident the ref has handed out yellow cards to the right people? If playing still best to try to avoid yellow cards and red ones. 

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

'Liking' it its not you, 'thanking' him it is.....😁

I’m very confused by this - don’t think I’m going to be able to sleep tonight.

13 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

No! It has evoked getting on for 30 mainly sensible replies with a variety of perspectives,

The original post was close to response.

Please don’t think I’m having a dig as iM not as I think your intentions were right but could’ve been done slightly different x 

Much as it's fun to press buttons of trolls if ever there's a time to ignore them this is it. It would be the ultimate destructive troll triumph to get this board spiked - don't give him the satisfaction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

The warning has come about because some posters aren't happy that a long-time NCFC fan and poster on here had his serious illness of cancer used against him by a Manchester United fan who has already got several Norwich City fans banned for questioning his reason for being here beyond a simple online troll.

If that's petty and divisive then I'm more than happy to stand alongside it and I'm sure a long list of other posters are too.

Whilst there may be a certain man Utd fan who has riled people and behaved less than acceptably it does go both ways, the responses at times have also gone too far and not just towards him.

I for one have no problem with non-ncfc fans coming on here and offering their opinions, as they are just that, and sometimes it can be useful to get that external perspective. Some of the attitudes towards them is a disappointing and somewhat embarrassing reflection of some of our fanbase. We should be open to other people joining in the conversation and not try to drive them away just because they aren't one of us no matter what their misguided opinions of billy gilmour are...

Edited by cornish sam
  • Like 4

Just now, cornish sam said:

Whilst there may be a certain man Utd fan who has riled people and behaved less than acceptably it does go both ways, the responses at times have also gone too far and not just towards him.

I for one have no problem with non-ncfc fans coming on here and offering their opinions, as they are just that, and sometimes it can be useful to get that external perspective. Some of the attitudes towards them is a disappointing and somewhat embarrassing reflection of some of our fanbase. We should be open to other people joining in the conversation and not try to drive them away just because they aren't one of us no matter what their misguided opinions of billy gilmour are...

Just to be clear, if it goes past the point of conversation and starts getting personal then yes, hammer time, however that should apply equally to ncfc fans as well. Judge others by the standard you would wish to be judged...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Please do not punish the majority because of the few.

This is a more than decent discussion forum for matters concerned with NCFC.

Many of us have it as one of our first resorts when we turn on our laptops first thing.

Like you, we avoid the street corner boys, so they must not be allowed to spoil it for the rest.

Insult merchants are as un welcome to most as they are to you, but erasing that mentality completely is impossible.

They exist in the same way that supporters apparently threw loaded beer cans at Delia's car and ITFC supporters during the game.

They must not be allowed to wreck your forum for the majority.

Agree with your sentiment 100%, but it won't change a thing. This forum is going the way of the dodo because no-one is the problem so no-one will change. It's only a matter of time now.

All good things...

OTBC

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

The warning has come about because some posters aren't happy that a long-time NCFC fan and poster on here had his serious illness of cancer used against him by a Manchester United fan who has already got several Norwich City fans banned for questioning his reason for being here beyond a simple online troll.

If that's petty and divisive then I'm more than happy to stand alongside it and I'm sure a long list of other posters are too.

name the batman fan

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Wherever will all those non football debaters go?

I've often wondered about those 'non football' regulars who never post on the football pages, I'm mean why chose a football forum to talk about anything but football? Oh Well at least they're not doing any harm.

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s like being on report at High School again!! Love it. 

Believe or not I was a goody two shoes at school.....

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Believe or not I was a goody two shoes at school.....

I got the ‘slipper’ like a a scene from Kes! I couldn’t control the laughter. The headmaster was a perv. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

17 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Agree with your sentiment 100%, but it won't change a thing. This forum is going the way of the dodo because no-one is the problem so no-one will change. It's only a matter of time now.

All good things...

OTBC

I mean it’s a forum, it’s already dead. The only reason it’s still active is because the average age here is about 50.

I agree with your point on behaviour but this is why most online communities have moderation, best moderators bring conversation back on track and give warnings in threads. 

Very much like NCFC supporters in the stadium the most active users that keep this place going are also some of the loudest. Is the behaviour OTT at times? Obviously, it’s an unmoderated internet space, that’s what happens. However I’d say majority of the conversation is fairly civil and there’s some really good debates still.

The idea of fixing it by being hands off or by bringing in threats of instant bans is farcical, that’s never worked anywhere on the internet.

Edited by Monty13

Looking at the forums for other clubs I have never got the impression this one is markedly worse in terms of behaviour. Which is not to say there are not posts that are deliberately abusive. There are indeed plenty of them.

There is a possible cautionary tale from the fate of the club’s own messageboard, which had a clique of half a dozen or so posters who tended to shout down opposing views, especially if they were pro-Delia.

Joe Ferrari, who was the club’s Press officer at the time,  publicly warned these posters they were in danger of getting the messageboard closed. The subtext of what he was trying to tell them was that McNally, who had taken over, was looking for an excuse to swing the axe.

But they were too stupid to get the message, kept on with the abuse not just of other posters but of the club itself, and that was the end of the messageboard. I don’t known whether the EDP management is looking for a reason to act similarly, but best not to give it any helping hand.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Looking at the forums for other clubs I have never got the impression this one is markedly worse in terms of behaviour. Which is not to say there are not posts that are deliberately abusive. There are indeed plenty of them.

There is a possible cautionary tale from the fate of the club’s own messageboard, which had a clique of half a dozen or so posters who tended to shout down opposing views, especially if they were pro-Delia.

Joe Ferrari, who was the club’s Press officer at the time,  publicly warned these posters they were in danger of getting the messageboard closed. The subtext of what he was trying to tell them was that McNally, who had taken over, was looking for an excuse to swing the axe.

But they were too stupid to get the message, kept on with the abuse not just of other posters but of the club itself, and that was the end of the messageboard. I don’t known whether the EDP management is looking for a reason to act similarly, but best not to give it any helping hand.

I never used the official forum but I’ve heard about it and it fits what you’ve said there.

btw can you believe we had a press officer called Joe Ferrari, that is hilarious 😂 

It’d probably be Dave Toyota nowadays…

Joe was (and probably still is) a great bloke, met him for a beer in the Nelson after the league 1 promotion. I was on the offy site possibly one of the clique Purple mentions as there was a group of us who regularly met for beers.

Although there was 1 person in particular (similar to TDK) who caused a few big personal spats, who it was insinuated to me was a big part of the reason it was shut down. Also a couple of the 'Worthy Out" organisers were regulars there and could be a tad obnoxious. 

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I never used the official forum but I’ve heard about it and it fits what you’ve said there.

btw can you believe we had a press officer called Joe Ferrari, that is hilarious 😂 

It’d probably be Dave Toyota nowadays…

I used the official board and remember one particularly poster who shall remain nameless thought it was funny to put my home address and telephone number on there

The message board was shutdown the following week

Joe Ferrari (lovely guy by the way) did a cracking job but said that social media was the way forward and would take over a lot of the ‘unofficial’ supporter comms and therefore the board would be closed 

not sure what he’s doing these days, I know he left the club a few years ago. 

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Joe was (and probably still is) a great bloke, met him for a beer in the Nelson after the league 1 promotion. I was on the offy site possibly one of the clique Purple mentions as there was a group of us who regularly met for beers.

Although there was 1 person in particular (similar to TDK) who caused a few big personal spats, who it was insinuated to me was a big part of the reason it was shut down. Also a couple of the 'Worthy Out" organisers were regulars there and could be a tad obnoxious. 

I still see a few guys at home and away games and make a point of saying hello, lovely people 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

I used the official board and remember one particularly poster who shall remain nameless thought it was funny to put my home address and telephone number on there

Joe Ferrari (lovely guy by the way) did a cracking job but said that social media was the way forward and would take over a lot of the ‘unofficial’ supporter comms and therefore the board would be closed 

I’ve actually heard he was great as well tbh

I’m not sure if it was him or another executive but I’ve Heard of posters being phoned up and debated about posts made on that official forum.

The place sounds like the Wild West 

4 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Last i heard he was press officer/ head of comms or some such name for North Norfolk District Council operating out of Cromer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’ve actually heard he was great as well tbh

I’m not sure if it was him or another executive but I’ve Heard of posters being phoned up and debated about posts made on that official forum.

The place sounds like the Wild West 

Yeah you’re not wrong, there were definitely phone calls 

@TIL 1010 will know more than I do 

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Last i heard he was press officer/ head of comms or some such name for North Norfolk District Council operating out of Cromer.

How strange I quoted you and didn’t see you had commented before 

hope you’re well Jon and you and family have a wonderful Xmas 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Ooo, don't remember that, pretty ****ty thing to do. I'm intruiged who that was.

The user I had it insinuated to me as a reason for it closing will too remain nameless, although it rhymed with Corker......😏