Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Barnes getting a bit of stick

He mentioned it during this interview. Does he mean the fans. This forum. The manager? 

One thing is for sure, he should be pumped for the game on Saturday.

He got a lot of stick for missing 2 easy chances first half and he knew it. Good, because it fired him up for a few mins 2nd half.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Satriales said:

He mentioned it during this interview. Does he mean the fans. This forum. The manager? 

One thing is for sure, he should be pumped for the game on Saturday.

You don't need to ask because he says it.

I said after Bristol the siege mentality was obvious. We just have to decide if we're in or on the outside plssing in...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is what most people outside of Norfolk say about the Norfolk accent so I wouldn't be so quick to judge 😉

I'm from Norfolk and I say that about the Norfolk accent as well 😂

3 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I'm from Norfolk and I say that about the Norfolk accent as well 😂

That'll be the Somerset accent coming from bathhhhhhh 😜

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I said after Bristol the siege mentality was obvious. We just have to decide if we're in or on the outside plssing in...

Ah yeah, I didn't catch that bit. The fact that he mentioned it, perhaps means that it has bothered him and the other players. I'm sure they've discussed it.

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Fans on Canary Call phoning in and calling it "The worst 3-1 i've ever seen" and bigging up the opposition and Wednesday all night. Ryan Jarvis wasn't having it thankfully and put some idiots right on it.

But I've never seen a group of fans so determined to not support, that at 2-1 up the loudest chant was about the referee taking a sh*t.

Barnes is right, and Wednesday fans are right. Until Rowe's third, our fans were f*cking ****.

• Like 1

Its a shame, but it seems to be the way of things at the moment. Barnes was excellent before his injury, but as soon as he gets back he starts getting stick, just because he isn't quite fully match fit and needed  a game or two to get up to speed.

Barnes was considered by most of us as a terrific signing and we know how important he is to the set up and how he helps others in the team be at their best, so why he has received stick by our fans (some of them, anyway) I don't really know. Time for them to wake up and smell the coffee and get behind the team now we are on a good run.

And we are on a good run, we've got Sainz involved now and the team is on the up. A Wagner team is about momentum and speed, so we are on the right track with Rowe and Sainz there, with Fassnacht and Hernandez, both of whom have something to offer as alternatives.

I'm very encouraged by what I see. We're not the finished product, but there is enough there to see things are moving in the right direction. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Its a shame, but it seems to be the way of things at the moment. Barnes was excellent before his injury, but as soon as he gets back he starts getting stick, just because he isn't quite fully match fit and needed  a game or two to get up to speed.

Barnes was considered by most of us as a terrific signing and we know how important he is to the set up and how he helps others in the team be at their best, so why he has received stick by our fans (some of them, anyway) I don't really know. Time for them to wake up and smell the coffee and get behind the team now we are on a good run.

And we are on a good run, we've got Sainz involved now and the team is on the up. A Wagner team is about momentum and speed, so we are on the right track with Rowe and Sainz there, with Fassnacht and Hernandez, both of whom have something to offer as alternatives.

I'm very encouraged by what I see. We're not the finished product, but there is enough there to see things are moving in the right direction. Onwards and upwards.

And Sarge will be back soon. Considering how long he has been out for, that will feel like a new signing!

Barnes looked a bit miffed when celebrating his second goal - think Idah came to put an arm on and he threw it off. He just knew he should have had one of those first-half chances he got.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Barnes looked a bit miffed when celebrating his second goal - think Idah came to put an arm on and he threw it off. He just knew he should have had one of those first-half chances he got.

Think he was just venting some frustration. You could see him shouting F off a couple of times.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Fans on Canary Call phoning in and calling it "The worst 3-1 i've ever seen" and bigging up the opposition and Wednesday all night. Ryan Jarvis wasn't having it thankfully and put some idiots right on it.

But I've never seen a group of fans so determined to not support, that at 2-1 up the loudest chant was about the referee taking a sh*t.

Barnes is right, and Wednesday fans are right. Until Rowe's third, our fans were f*cking ****.

Yep. Total nonsense from our fans. We were in control of that game bar an iffy 20 minute spell in the first half. Even with that iffy spell we could have went in 5-1 with Barnes missing two, Rowe kicking it straight at the defender and Idah put a soft header straight at the GK. We all know we had a terrible run and performances have been a bit below par, but that wasn't one of them... we're right back in the mix and we're winning games. It's time to be looking forward, not moaning about the unquestionably bad run we had a few weeks back - we're officially out of that now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Satriales said:

Think he was just venting some frustration. You could see him shouting F off a couple of times.

Agree, and I quite liked it - it shows a player that wants to get more - or as Farke would have put it, to get greedy.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well yes obviously and you could hear 'oh FFS Barnes' amongst the fans after he missed those chances. There's also an opinion that he isn’t doing that much in games as well, which is fair.

8 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yep. Total nonsense from our fans. We were in control of that game bar an iffy 20 minute spell in the first half. Even with that iffy spell we could have went in 5-1 with Barnes missing two, Rowe kicking it straight at the defender and Idah put a soft header straight at the GK. We all know we had a terrible run and performances have been a bit below par, but that wasn't one of them... we're right back in the mix and we're winning games. It's time to be looking forward, not moaning about the unquestionably bad run we had a few weeks back - we're officially out of that now.

Yeah. I don't love the drum myself but I do think it needs to come back to spark some consistent atmosphere, the players are doing enough to warrant it but it's not happening and then most people still seemed to moan and complain. I'm not sure if it's entitlement or thinking that every championship season should be like Farke's one behind closed doors but whatever it is, I'm not sure it's realistic. 

Thankfully the away fans have generally been good and you'd like to think they'll give it a good go on Saturday! I'm not confident but if we did take a point that would be fantastic going into the next run of games.

P.s This is what a Wednesday fan thought:

Norwich the sort of side who could easily go on to the play offs . The likes of nunez / Sara / Rowe all look top quality . Add the experience with the likes of Shane Duffy / Kenny mcclean / Ashley barnes you have a good mix there . 

tonight a point would have been the best I would have aimed for , always felt they could get goal with their quality . 
I think Norwich are better than 3/4 sides above them . Just not hit the form needed quite yet . 

Under Röhl were 17th in the form table ; he’s giving us a chance , another battling performance today , as we know January be key . Can we get a decent points return until January comes ? Start with a win on Saturday please 

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 1

What worries me more about this interview is the fact AB uses the term lucky enough twice, once when refereeing to the win and once when referring to his scoring.  My concern here is that the first person to hear what you say is you and this can become self-fulfilling, insomuch, I/we will be lucky if I/we score/win.  Personally I do not want our players training all week to take to the field on match day with the belief that whatever they do, whatever the outcome, is dependant upon lady luck, I would much rather they were of the mindset they would score and win and the only outcome they can envisage is massive success.

I have no idea if the lads are provided with any mindset preparation/coaching and if they are, the quality of it, however one thing I do know, mindset is 80% of their game, in fact to quote Didier Drogba, “The mental side is 90% of football.”   I wonder which of the following categories our players’ mindsets are in, 1) Expecting failure, 2) Trying to avoid failure or 3) Expecting success.  There is so much more I could get into and I may be barking up the wrong tree, however based on my knowledge and experience I think we (collectively) may be in category 2) Trying to avoid failure, to be frank, we may as be in category 1) Expecting failure, as the mind is essentially unable to tell the difference.   

• Like 1

Ashley Barnes is class. Everyone misses chances. Part of football. Everyone will lick and kiss his **** if he scores Saturday and brings the win back to CR

Edited by Ward 3
Spelling
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ray said:

What worries me more about this interview is the fact AB uses the term lucky enough twice, once when refereeing to the win and once when referring to his scoring.  My concern here is that the first person to hear what you say is you and this can become self-fulfilling, insomuch, I/we will be lucky if I/we score/win.  Personally I do not want our players training all week to take to the field on match day with the belief that whatever they do, whatever the outcome, is dependant upon lady luck, I would much rather they were of the mindset they would score and win and the only outcome they can envisage is massive success.

I have no idea if the lads are provided with any mindset preparation/coaching and if they are, the quality of it, however one thing I do know, mindset is 80% of their game, in fact to quote Didier Drogba, “The mental side is 90% of football.”   I wonder which of the following categories our players’ mindsets are in, 1) Expecting failure, 2) Trying to avoid failure or 3) Expecting success.  There is so much more I could get into and I may be barking up the wrong tree, however based on my knowledge and experience I think we (collectively) may be in category 2) Trying to avoid failure, to be frank, we may as be in category 1) Expecting failure, as the mind is essentially unable to tell the difference.   

I think it's just phraseology from a not necessarily intellectually gifted player. He repeats himself a lot.

I would say the thing that would help the most is 22k fans actually supporting from the off.

• Like 2

I had the luck of only watching the last half hour due to a Xmas beanie. However for the first few minutes I watched until the third was scored and the plethora of substitutions from both sides we looked in scintillating form, really moving the ball around well. Obviously getting the two goal gap the team then started to defend deeper and everything went to pot. But, the crowd really should have enjoyed it last night.

The fact there seems to have been such a negative response I put purely down to the Board and the executive and their lack of focus on the supporters and the atmosphere in the ground. They really have to do more. What should matter is the two or three hours fans spend in the and around the ground. They have not in my opinion engaged properly the fans at all. The empty seats demonstrates this. 

Sort it out Mrs W.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think it's just phraseology from a not necessarily intellectually gifted player. He repeats himself a lot.

I would say the thing that would help the most is 22k fans actually supporting from the off.

And there lies the problem, he repeats it a lot, reaffirming it to himself.  Players do not have to be intellectually gifted (I have no idea if he is or is not), however some appropriate mindset coaching can but help.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Last night wasn't always pretty, but there's no question it was a far better offensive performance than we have seen in general recently. Honestly don't think the media are helping too much, they seem as myopic as I can remember.

Rob Butler criticising Wagner for talking about Sainz's defensive game as if it's not something wingers should have to worry about, but then also criticises us for being so open and easy to play against.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Satriales said:

"I think you're the only ones that are going to write us off - it's got nothing to do with us," Barnes said. 

"We believe in that dressing room, the quality that we have, and coming back. We have a good group there, and we keep believing. We can only take one game at a time.

"We've got an amazing game for everyone involved and associated with this club, and we know how much it means to them and we want to get another win on the board. It's going to be eventful and one that we're looking forward to."

Barnes was tetchy in his Radio Norfolk interview with C Goreham and had a go at the media. The fact he made no mention at all of the fans re the forthcoming derby + his glaring at the Barclay when he scored tells it own story. Seems certainly him + the camp in general probably are annoyed at the lack of support at FCR. I have some sympathy for that point of view. However, he needs to look at what has happened here since the last time fans really had some football to watch and enjoy. No need to list all that but just as an example, he ought to be aware of that appalling run in to end of last season with just 1 win in 11 and not a single, solitary goal at FCR in last FIVE matches! It is that type of 'entertainment' that has dulled support at home and see crowds dwindle. To top it all we are told 'not to whinge' by you know who!

Barnes needs to do his talking on the pitch, he scored a well taken goal last night and could easily have had more. That's encouraging but too often this season he looks a passenger to me.    

• Like 1

The support has been very poor at CR for a while (since the drummer disappeared at least) and in general that is down to a number of factors not least our poor performances (despite the recent upturn). It was the snakepit which led the support last night and the general apathy is huge, a real issue now, which is a shame.

However, if the powers that be could perhaps bring back the flags and allow another, or the drummer in I suspect with our upturn and the likes of Rowe and Sainz performing better/well it would uplift it immensely.

CR when devoid of support is a cold venue

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, East Rider said:

The support has been very poor at CR for a while (since the drummer disappeared at least) and in general that is down to a number of factors not least our poor performances (despite the recent upturn). It was the snakepit which led the support last night and the general apathy is huge, a real issue now, which is a shame.

However, if the powers that be could perhaps bring back the flags and allow another, or the drummer in I suspect with our upturn and the likes of Rowe and Sainz performing better/well it would uplift it immensely.

CR when devoid of support is a cold venue

She may well have been tipsy on the post AGM interview, but Delia did say she thought the drum should come back. How long has the lad been banned for?

4 minutes ago, Satriales said:

She may well have been tipsy on the post AGM interview, but Delia did say she thought the drum should come back. How long has the lad been banned for?

Don't think he's been banned, see on the book of faces someone who knows them saying they decided to pack it in for abit after getting abit of trouble from Leeds fans. 

Also, I saw that comment as being a bit sarcastic if I'm honest. Don't think in any way does she actually crave the drummer back. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor