Wings of a Sparrow

****Unofficial Lapps Match thread. Canaries vs Owls****

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Odd pick out, thought he’s been pretty good both defensively and creatively.

He's given the ball away umpteen times with ridiculously overplayed long balls.

“Norwich haven’t been at their best”, said the commentator, wistfully.

The evidence suggests that this is as good as it gets……their best is decidedly below average.

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

Looks like I’m alone in thinking we weren’t too bad that half! Should’ve had 3 goals but yet again our own stupidity has cost us.

Sainz showing why he should’ve started games way before this and Rowe showing why Wagner hasn’t started this,.

We can and need to win this!

No you’re not, we should have at least three goals and bar Duffy’s incompetence they wouldn’t have had much of a sniff.

Edited by Monty13

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

What feels so frustrating is there is the makings of a good team here. 

Gunn, Stacey, Fisher, Dimi, Sara, Nunez, Sainz, Rowe, Idah, Sargent all have a place in a team chasing promotion. A few others like Gibbs, Mclean and Gibson could play a role. But the squad is so badly assembled and used that it looks much worse than it is. A proper holding midfielder to let Nunez and Sara play further forward, just one central defender who is comfortable on the ball could make the world of difference but I don't trust Wagner to use them properly. 

Agreed. I made the point after the Preston game, we’re probably only two signings off having a really good side. (And a better coach)

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

He's given the ball away umpteen times with ridiculously overplayed long balls.

He’s also created chances, he’s acting as the link between defence and attack, he’s not going to get every one right but he’s unlocked them a few times.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1

How come this manager always manages to get the worst out of his teams?

We lack a midfielder, it's as clear as anything. Has been for ages. I have no sweet tooth yet know more about tic-tacs than tactics but surely that idle lump Idah should be replaced in midfield by now by Gibbs, or even Forshaw (who?)

They are running us ragged at times. We are an open door in midfield and rely upon our most talented attacking player to be a defensive cog.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Agreed. I made the point after the Preston game, we’re probably only two signings off having a really good side. (And a better coach)

I love your optimism but surely we need 2 decent centre backs ,a CDM and at least 1 decent striker 

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Gunn, Stacey, Fisher, Dimi, Sara, Nunez, Sainz, Rowe, Idah, Sargent all have a place in a team chasing promotion. A few others like Gibbs, Mclean and Gibson could play a role. But the squad is so badly assembled and used that it looks much worse than it is. A proper holding midfielder to let Nunez and Sara play further forward, just one central defender who is comfortable on the ball could make the world of difference but I don't trust Wagner to use them properly. 

It’s all there. A decent coach has is competing. Even tonight we should have 3 or 4. But as long as we cede midfield on the counter and force our players with attacking threat to defend too much we will not play to our ability.

it’s so obvious to me that Gibbs needs to be on for one of the strikers, play next to Nunez and push Sara forward. 

• Like 2

The right hand side of our set up has struggled so much recently, Stacey and Fassnacht were poor against Preston & now Fisher & Rowe are having poor games. Too much emphasis of playing down the left through Kenny, Sara, Giannoulis. 

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

How come this manager always manages to get the worst out of his teams.

We lack a midfielder, it's as clear as anything. Has been for ages. I have no sweet tooth yet know more about tic-tacs than tactics but surely that idle lump Idah should be replaced in midfield by now by Gibbs, or even Forshaw (who?)

They are running us ragged at times. We are an open door in midfield and rely upon our most talented attacking player to be a defensive cog.

We need to drop the 442 but guess we are stubbornly sticking with it waiting for Sargent to return.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Makes you miss Hwang least he was showing signs of being able to hit the target most of the time

It’s come to a pretty pass when we now miss Hwang. It wasn’t that long ago we were all wondering how the hell he ever became a professional footballer.

• Haha 1

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

It’s come to a pretty pass when we now miss Hwang. It wasn’t that long ago we were all wondering how the hell he ever became a professional footballer.

And I'd imagine when he comes back we will soon be thinking the same 

Norfolk n good heed to tell you derby is on Saturday, wouldn't want to miss that

Just now, raunds canary said:

I love your optimism but surely we need 2 decent centre backs ,a CDM and at least 1 decent striker 

Sargent solves the striker requirement. I think we need that long awaited CDM, and another attacking midfielder in the mould of a Hoolahan, Maddison, Pritchard, Buendia type. 

I think we have enough at the back. It’s the lack of movement and abillity to hold the ball further up the pitch that puts us under a load of pressure.

• Like 1

Self inflicted damage every game.

You would have thought that by now we just might have learned something from the previous 20 games.

But no, we carry on doing the same things that put us in trouble, the same things that we know are dangerous and the same things that cost us goals and points.

There is no leadership from anyone on the touchline and no leadership from anyone on the pitch.

Shambolic.

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not bad players at all but not a Team do not know what the other is doing no partnerships nothing really team wise ,

a Decent manager could get these playing better 

Knappers stats machine must be made by Soccerbot 

• Like 1

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Sargent solves the striker requirement. I think we need that long awaited CDM, and another attacking midfielder in the mould of a Hoolahan, Maddison, Pritchard, Buendia type. 

I think we have enough at the back. It’s the lack of movement and abillity to hold the ball further up the pitch that puts us under a load of pressure.

Sargent solves 1 striker yes but who is the other one? And I think we are miles away from having another at the back. But it's about opinions....

I really think Rowe's early form has gone to.his head. Slow in recovery and just strolls around not looking for the ball. Thanks to an early goal against a poor team should have gone for the jogular but the team are just going through the motions.

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

Self inflicted damage every game.

You would have thought that by now we just might have learned something from the previous 20 games.

But no, we carry on doing the same things that put us in trouble, the same things that we know are dangerous and the same things that cost us goals and points.

There is no leadership from anyone on the touchline and no leadership from anyone on the pitch.

Shambolic.

Biggest issue is that as say we keep making the exact same silly mistakes. It feels like most goals we have let in this season have not come from the oppisiton working hard or scoring a good goal but from us faffing about or making stupid mistakes that would make even non leagues teams hang their heads in shame

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

We’ve played some variation of 451 with a 10 for a long, long time. 100% agree.

Barnes misses two fairly easy chances and seems more interested in sh*thousery than he actually does in playing football, Duffy screws up and makes a wild pass which leads to a long throw and their goal, Stacey is justifiably dropped for a player who was playing in the National League because he's been crap for the last ten games. 

Webber's Dad's Army strategy is really going well, isn't it?

1 minute ago, raunds canary said:

Sargent solves 1 striker yes but who is the other one? And I think we are miles away from having another at the back. But it's about opinions....

Sarge is not back yet ,

he has been out a long time ,

Hopefully everything goes to plan on his road to recovery and he gets match fit quickly 

hopefully he can recapture his form also