Jimmy_Fitch

Are you renewing your NCFC season ticket?

Are you renewing your NCFC season ticket?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Are you renewing your NCFC season ticket?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

If the club want to encourage young blood they should withdraw the elderly concessions and offer better deals for younger supporters.

Standby..............essex post incoming. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

30% not renewing!

Well, least I can look forward to plenty of new faces around me next season.

Or maybe, like this season, it'll be all the same people again!

23 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

In the City Stand that must be everyone in the concession seats ( wink )

If the club want to encourage young blood they should withdraw the elderly concessions and offer better deals for younger supporters.

And there lies the problem. Too many people paying concession prices therefore the standard Adult price has to increase even more to drive the required revenue levels. I'd also suggest that such low prices make it easy to not turn up for every game, hence empty seats.

It also one of the reasons why customer retention is so high and we see the same 'old' faces year on year out.

The club needs to address this as well has come up with initiatives to encourage useage of empty seats on matchday. It needs to start somewhere but as always 'doing nothing' seems to be the preferrred strategy with our club at the moment.

I may do another poll after Saturday and include options for non season ticket holders. 

Although the question was are you renewing which would imply that you already have a season ticket. 

14 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

If I didn’t go what would I moan about?  

And I strongly believe that unless you going you don’t really have the right to moan!

It costs thousands a year following Norwich. When you add up all the travel costs and the increased amount of pre-match alcohol required to make games like last Saturdays bearable. 

Half the keyboard warriors on here haven’t seen the inside of any football stadium let alone Carrow Road in years or in some cases ever but are happy to jump down peoples throats for giving and opinion that does align with theirs. 

What utter nonsense.

People actually move around the country/the world these days and for a multitude of reasons. Thanks to technology, we are able to watch most City games live from a screen. It might well be a different viewpoint but it is just as valid.

When did you last watch an England game live at Wembley? Have you ever been to any World Cup in person? No doubt you expressed your views on team selection, on Southgate or whoever, nonetheless. That was from a screen was it not? Did you allow yourself a moan?

I've averaged about two games at Carrow Road a season for the last decade or so, and most certainly many more away games (in London, and the Midds.) in that time and goodness knows how many tenners I spent on screened games during lockdown. I occasionally buy City stuff online for family.

If I still lived in the area, I wouldn't hesitate in renewing my season ticket, but hey ho, continue to wear your season ticket like a badge of honour. It clearly makes you more knowledgeable about City affairs than the many, many thousands more who support from afar.  

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

30% not renewing!

Well, least I can look forward to plenty of new faces around me next season.

Or maybe, like this season, it'll be all the same people again!

I guarantee that a massive percentage of that percentage is reactionary nonsense.

We won't see that level of drop in renewal at all. 

21 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

A better poll would be to ask the season-ticket holders, how many games do you miss a season?

Because, undoubtedly, a lot of people who have bought one don't bother going half the time.

I do agree with this - I'm currently in the south stand working my way towards the barclay when my sons old enough to deal with the disgraceful language! tut. The guys that sit around me are genuinely a lovely bunch of blokes in their late 50s & they just come if they fancy it, if they don't they aren't bothered. I've missed one home game this season (last weekend) and was in a terrible mood all day with the missus because she made me go to a kids birthday party. I can't not go, even when it's ****e. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nu_matik said:

I guarantee that a massive percentage of that percentage is reactionary nonsense.

We won't see that level of drop in renewal at all. 

But you need to flip that round and ask if that's a good thing or not? It's good if there's capacity for those who want to go to matches on an ad-hoc basis without having to wait until the last minute to snap up unused away allocation, but not good for a group of friends who want to sit together in a specific part of the ground. Zoe has hinted that in terms of ground expansion, we have too many ST holders; she's probably right on that basis.

I renew because of the social aspect as well as being a supporter but you don't have to be a devout club supporter to enjoy the matchday experience and to be honest in the current climate it's probably less frustrating!

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

And there lies the problem. Too many people paying concession prices therefore the standard Adult price has to increase even more to drive the required revenue levels. I'd also suggest that such low prices make it easy to not turn up for every game, hence empty seats.

It also one of the reasons why customer retention is so high and we see the same 'old' faces year on year out.

The club needs to address this as well has come up with initiatives to encourage useage of empty seats on matchday. It needs to start somewhere but as always 'doing nothing' seems to be the preferrred strategy with our club at the moment.

A fair summary though there are many nuances. I have one friend who was a season ticket holder for many years, gave up when he moved away and has now returned local but would now like OAP rate in the Block M of the South Stand which should reasonably be available but isn't. If he returns he will largely attend every match. I have another friend with 4 lounge ST's who has hardly attended of late because he likes a drink, travels from Essex by train which has been near impossible recently. It would hit Club revenues more if he switched off.

Younger adults have their issues too. One guy I know still retains his season ticket and is based in the Midlands. Given his child care situation he barely goes though wants to retain his ticket for the future. I paired him up with another guy who was able to buy it off him at times rather than buy his own but he is now in a similar situation though won't pay out money for something he can't use often. Then there is the issue of another person in similar situation holding 1,000 Club shares with no clear guidance on Value being expected to pay full price and equally feeling disenchanted.

Does the Club put money first or the customer and atmosphere first? When the likes of Neil Doncaster and Andy Cullen were on the street before games they had half of chance of understanding the issues and finding solutions. The Supporter Engagement lead ED will not do that by sending out naff questionnaires and sitting with her arms folded in the Directors Box. 

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Correct. They watch the same match as everyone else.

Why should a '40 something' with a mortgage, family to support, crippling cost of living etc etc, subsidise lower prices for others?

Do you think pensioner’s haven’t been there, seen it and done it! They suffer the same crippling cost of living, high fuel prices etc etc.how do you subsidise them?

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

But you need to flip that round and ask if that's a good thing or not? It's good if there's capacity for those who want to go to matches on an ad-hoc basis without having to wait until the last minute to snap up unused away allocation, but not good for a group of friends who want to sit together in a specific part of the ground. Zoe has hinted that in terms of ground expansion, we have too many ST holders; she's probably right on that basis.

I renew because of the social aspect as well as being a supporter but you don't have to be a devout club supporter to enjoy the matchday experience and to be honest in the current climate it's probably less frustrating!

I don't think some turnover is a bad thing for the reasons you state. 

My main point is I don't really worry about as we will continue to hit good enough numbers even if the current malaise and poor performance continues a little longer. Many people say they won't renew, to make a statement but do anyway. I've heard it so often.

I think a shake up of stands and areas would be a good thing too 

I'll likely renew, not because I am in support of the board & current management. Nor am I happy with some of the dross the squad is producing.
That being said I will be there, I will support, I have faith things will get better.
It is my own time that I can get away from everyhing for a few hours.

That being said an increase in prices  wouldn't be welcomed, our current prices are high as it is. Surely just getting Gibson off our wage bill will do far more than offset a 3% increase for all season ticket holders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I will renew.....as always.....'Baaaa!'.....

Right gonna get ready and then off to the game.....isn't it exciting!....

Exactly. We're all the same! Sheep. But, at least own it! I feel embarrassed for those that wave their willy in the air and then have to walk the walk of shame back in because real fans fuc*ing love it and don't sit at home sulking listening to Radio Norfolk

Edited by nu_matik

I would, as an exile, but only three or possibly five away games down South, easier to just tip up as a random and sit on your hands

10 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

What utter nonsense.

People actually move around the country/the world these days and for a multitude of reasons. Thanks to technology, we are able to watch most City games live from a screen. It might well be a different viewpoint but it is just as valid.

When did you last watch an England game live at Wembley? Have you ever been to any World Cup in person? No doubt you expressed your views on team selection, on Southgate or whoever, nonetheless. That was from a screen was it not? Did you allow yourself a moan?

I've averaged about two games at Carrow Road a season for the last decade or so, and most certainly many more away games (in London, and the Midds.) in that time and goodness knows how many tenners I spent on screened games during lockdown. I occasionally buy City stuff online for family.

If I still lived in the area, I wouldn't hesitate in renewing my season ticket, but hey ho, continue to wear your season ticket like a badge of honour. It clearly makes you more knowledgeable about City affairs than the many, many thousands more who support from afar.  

Shut up you tŵãt. Do what you want I don’t care. My season ticket is not a badge of honour it’s a fûċkiñg milestone round my neck. But it’s in my blood boy. I go because I have to. I’m there every game in the flesh, fúćķ Wembley and England couldn’t care less. Supporting is just that. There through thick and thin. Wet and cold. Tired after work and always expectant. 20 games in 10 years. What do you want a map of the city?

• Like 1

I wonder how many of the votes were made by season ticket holders. A lot of the comment seems to be from the Armchair Arthurs....

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I wonder how many of the votes were made by season ticket holders. A lot of the comment seems to be from the Armchair Arthurs....

About 7

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Shut up you tŵãt. Do what you want I don’t care. My season ticket is not a badge of honour it’s a fûċkiñg milestone round my neck. But it’s in my blood boy. I go because I have to. I’m there every game in the flesh, fúćķ Wembley and England couldn’t care less. Supporting is just that. There through thick and thin. Wet and cold. Tired after work and always expectant. 20 games in 10 years. What do you want a map of the city?

Difficult to decide whether to laugh or cry at that reasoned response.

Best ignored actually.

The only thing I've heard is that it's soon and they're going to announce that the lower Barclay and a bit of the away fans will have safe standing rails added over the summer.

Hopefully that will mean a reduction in price as we won't have seats but sounds unlikely. 

Saturday was the second game (since Hull in August) that I’ve been able to make by train. Of the remaining games only Brizzle and Swansea are free of of engineering works which are due to go on until Nov 25 (until the new Beaulieu Park station opens) alongside the ongoing routine maintenance. I don’t think I can justify over £500 a season to watch a handful of home games.

21 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

The only thing I've heard is that it's soon and they're going to announce that the lower Barclay and a bit of the away fans will have safe standing rails added over the summer.

Hopefully that will mean a reduction in price as we won't have seats but sounds unlikely. 

Why on earth do you imagine that installation of safe standing rails will see a reduction in price?

• Like 1

In the good old days it always used to cost more to sit down and watch than stand on the terraces?

On 13/12/2023 at 11:02, ......and Smith must score. said:

In the City Stand that must be everyone in the concession seats ( wink )

Let’s get rid of the State Pension and give more to the pisstanks sitting in the City Centre  begging

PS 

Where better could I be than at Carrow Road and have a heart attack and not have to wait 12 hours for an ambulance 

Got to renew

PS 75 plus years at Carrow Road can’t stop now

Rail seats do still have seats you know. You can still use them, but be warned, if they are like the ones at Anfield, you'll have no leg room!