KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Preston****

For me, Idah really has to step up today. I like the guy but want to see him full of confidence and scoring early and asserting himself. Barnes should be fitter. Still mystified by Argos but he must be really hot in training. Once the game settles, I can only see a home win.

COYY! 

Astonishing Onel gets a start each game and yet performs poorly with no end product!

Mclean in defence again. Maybe this is his calling!

Idah getting a start now needs to show he's not just a super sub. Rowe and Sainz to come on is encouraging against tired legs.

Here's hoping Knappers Jan plan is to replace Onel!

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Seems a reasonable starting XI. Onel played ok at Bristol so not sure why the complaint, but plus ca change. 

Lol. Funny, plus ca change is exactly what I thought as I read this.

15 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Any known reason why Rowe has been dropped?

He doesn't run as far as Onel. 

When Wagner was asked about last week's game he referred to how many km Nunez had run. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Just smacks that he picks his mates..... Sunday league manager!     Unimpressed by this guy.    No chance of promotion, no chance of competing if we achieve it and still no development going on.      How does this fit with Knappers rhetoric?   

Onel might run the most might be best trainer but continues  to play poorly

he does not  score or assist  anywhere near enough  a wide player who does neither is not really what you need

we need end product otherwise sign Mo Farah 

McClean in defence, Rowe dropped, Hernandez starting.  Wagner must want the sack 

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Lol. Funny, plus ca change is exactly what I thought as I read this.

Good for you.  It’s called being a supporter.
I’ll not slate the side before a ball Is kicked, it’s stupid.  Sainz has not pushed for a start, Rowe was poor v Bristol so you can see why the changes are as they are.

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He doesn't run as far as Onel. 

When Wagner was asked about last week's game he referred to how many km Nunez had run. 

He does seem to value miles covered over technical ability - e.g. willing to see Mumba and Tzolis go whilst preferring Springett.

Sunderland just beat West Brom. It's looking like there are four teams who are competing for two automatics and then almost anyone could fill spaces five and six.

24 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Seems a reasonable starting XI. Onel played ok at Bristol so not sure why the complaint, but plus ca change. 

Your low standards once again in evidence 

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s insane to play Kenny at CB when we have recognised CBs not being picked. It will make for some deeply resentful players surely? 

A waste of wages, that’s for sure 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s insane to play Kenny at CB when we have recognised CBs not being picked. It will make for some deeply resentful players surely? 

i think if i was a winger or CB at the club i would be banging on the managers door 

someone like Sainz must be sick of sitting on the bench watching the player playing in his position doing nothing 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Just smacks that he picks his mates..... Sunday league manager!     Unimpressed by this guy.    No chance of promotion, no chance of competing if we achieve it and still no development going on.      How does this fit with Knappers rhetoric?   

Agree.

We need this man negotiated out of the club, and before the next window and our renaissance in the New Year, as it is impossible to imagine a rosy future with him in charge.

In the meantime, I'll put up with his crazy selections and tactics if he can continue to scrape as many ugly wins as he has managed of late.

We need to stay in touch and therefore bank points.

Just now, norfolkngood said:

i think if i was a winger or CB at the club i would be banging on the managers door 

someone like Sainz must be sick of sitting on the bench watching the player playing in his position doing nothing 

Apparently it's because his English isn't good enough. Then get a f-ing translator. A lot cheaper than a load of the crap the club wastes its money on.

2 of the leakiest defences, bottom and 3rd bottom.  Must be City win despite Onel stinking up the team.

Just now, pete said:

2 of the leakiest defences, bottom and 3rd bottom.  Must be City win despite Onel stinking up the team.

Today really is the day for Onel to score at last. I mean I think he's not been that great either and should be coming off of the bench but it would be nice to see him serve us all a slice of humble pie

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Agree.

We need this man negotiated out of the club, and before the next window and our renaissance in the New Year, as it is impossible to imagine a rosy future with him in charge.

In the meantime, I'll put up with his crazy selections and tactics if he can continue to scrape as many ugly wins as he has managed of late.

We need to stay in touch and therefore bank points.

Stay in touch with who?       

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Apparently it's because his English isn't good enough. Then get a f-ing translator. A lot cheaper than a load of the crap the club wastes its money on.

You couldnt makes it up could you ! all these Foreign players come into the PL etc 

Play the day after signing  translator doing interviews etc does not stop them playing football which is a global language 

Wagner really does not help himself 

6 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Stay in touch with who?       

With my aunt. It’s Xmas time and she’s feeling lonely. 

I don't like this constant criticism (scapegoating almost) of Onel Hernandez. We have had some famous moments from him and with him in the side over the seasons. He has been one of the sounder acquisitions of the last years.

Additionally, he's a massive trier and a fan's favourite. He has his strengths and skills.

Having said that, him in the starting eleven these days is unwarranted. He still deserves a place on the bench, though, imo. His value as an impact sub is established, for the time being at least.

Overall, Argos owes the club nothing and has been an exemplary pro. He deserves a decent move at the end of the season, either at home or abroad.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Have to wonder how Leeds coped when they had a manager who could not speak English then..

12 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Stay in touch with who?       

I, for one, haven't quite yet given up on top six. It varies though. Recent results have re-established this somewhat disillusioned stance.

I am pinning great hopes on a new year up turn in fortunes with new signings, Sargent and a new young manager all installed.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1